Prayers For Dr Tarzan

This is what Legal looks like.  We are living it.  

Decriminalization is the ONLY way to stop leo from enforcing someones elses definition of legal.

Decriminalize and sick those leo on the banksters and warhores

Hallelujah   . . .

Can I get an AMEN ?   :)) 

Sec. 8 is NOT reserved only for sec. 4 compliant individuals, but for any person in any defense involving  the drug. You are correct that he has accepted the risk and is facing the consequences. Anyone and everyone who pushes the limits of the law have my respect. That said, the facts of the case are not apparent in these posts. It is irresponsible to speculate. Do we or do we not want the law further liberalized? Do we want to see cannabis policy taken from law enforcement? If Tarzan pleads a sec. 8 defense it will very likely be held in abeyance pending Hartwick/Tuttle. His first move should be the motion to dismiss.

Suggesting that Bob chime in in any authoritative and intelligent fashion is an exercise in futility.

I think you misread what Mal said.............. He is saying that pro bono should be reserved for section 4 compliant individuals.......... Simple fact of the matter is that no matter how much some try to elude that section 8  is not part of this act or should not carry any weight. They need to realize that it IS VERY MUCH A PART OF THIS ACT..........

Yes, but attorneys do pro bono out of the goodness of their heart usually at cost to themselves.  Time, money, travel.

I am saying, and grassmatch obviously read what I wrote,  pro bono isn't a given or expected or a requirement. 

If someone has been publically trying to operate under sec 8 guidelines, as tarzan was previously, I IMO feel that I would rather see the tiniest amount of PRO BONO work go to others that need it more who were strictly following sec 4 of the act, OR people who are truly destitute.  That's all.

Go fund me? Of course. Support the hell out of tarzan for his defense. I tend to drop a few bucks for most people in these circumstances. Many times I am one of the very few to do so.

But pro bono?  tough to say.

Yes, but attorneys do pro bono out of the goodness of their heart usually at cost to themselves.  Time, money, travel.

I am saying, and grassmatch obviously read what I wrote,  pro bono isn't a given or expected or a requirement. 

If someone has been publically trying to operate under sec 8 guidelines, as tarzan was previously, I IMO feel that I would rather see the tiniest amount of PRO BONO work go to others that need it more who were strictly following sec 4 of the act, OR people who are truly destitute.  That's all.

Go fund me? Of course. Support the hell out of tarzan for his defense. I tend to drop a few bucks for most people in these circumstances. Many times I am one of the very few to do so.

But pro bono?  tough to say.

Sounds reasonable to me................ If someone could also help those section 8 pro bono also would be a good thing as well as long as the rest were getting their needs as well. I agree NO ONE should go to jail for this plant........... Even more especially someone operating within the Act.

There is no requirement for pro bono. It is a should/may "it would be a good thing" scenario greg. 

Unregistered CG is a "thing".  A thing you can attempt to prove(tarzan will attempt) after you are arrested.  What you are doing is not "legal", it is merely an exception to avoid conviction.

You said expectation with the inference it is required when arguing that I stated it was not a requirement.

Otherwise,.. what are you even talking about?  I do not answer for other peoples opinions. 

Many times I believe people do not even understand what an Affirmative defense is>

An affirmative defense to a civil lawsuit or criminal charge is a fact or set of facts other than those alleged by the plaintiff or prosecutor which, if proven by the defendant, defeats or mitigates the legal consequences of the defendant's otherwise unlawful conduct.

A defense in which the defendant introduces evidence, which, if found to be credible, will negate criminal or civil liability, even if it is proven that the defendant committed the alleged acts. Self-defense, entrapment, insanity, and necessity are some examples of affirmative defenses.

Sometimes a criminal defendant is entitled to acquittal even though the prosecution has proven every element of the charged offense. This happens when the defendant has successfully raised and the jury has accepted an “affirmative defense” that operates by law to exonerate him. Common affirmative defenses include a plea of insanity, self-defense, mistake of fact, intoxication (in some situations), and the running of the statute of limitations (the time period, starting when the crime occurred, during which a prosecution must begin).

I have zero issues with using the Affirmative defense of Sec 8,.. I just find people that PURPOSEFULLY operate under sec 8 then come begging for free attorneys is really lame. when I know there are many others actually trying to stay within the law who need pro bono work and can't find it because someone who was selling pot to every tom dick and jane is eating up the precious small amounts of pro bono work by marijuana lawyers that exists.

Whatever issue you have with someone else obviously needs to be dealt with to them.  It has nothing to do with me whatsoever.

Long term resolution?  Really? The BESTEST?!!

Wow.

So your goal is to do what? Exhaust a criminal justice system setup to convict 700,000 marijuana users a year.  A couple hundred cases will suddenly makeit safe for anyone?

I have never understood your point.  Now it is THE long term resolution we need? Everyone get arrested?

sigh'

I used to have a website for MCP.

It was deleted and been gone for a long time Greg.

I cant control that other people came and bought the web address to my old site.  hahaha.

There is not one single post there from you or me  or practically anyone it seems.

One post since forum was made in February of this year?

Wow greg.  You cant argue the facts so you devolve to something so ridiculous as someone using an old web address I used to use years ago, which you yourself posted on around a thousand times back then.. :-)

What I said is true. Top to bottom.  You want to expand the MMMAct?  Better get to work amending it. I will likely oppose most of what you are attempting to do because it will likely just become a vessel to pass all sorts of crap no one wants, like the landlord bill from jones would wrap into it.

Before we go any further, Mal, do you really want to fuk with me?

I aint afraid of crazy my friend...

And who is fukn with who here. It seems you are the one jumping on me,... and I don't care,...the frayed ends of your sanity are showing...

Your take wouldn't matter greg. 

I see Dr townsend a couple times a year just as I do many other marijuana oriented physicians.

Ya know,... I kinda run a Non profit organization that works with Physicians to help understand the law, their protections and encouraging more physicians to write recommendations.

Is Dr townsend a friend? I would say yes. Just as you are my crazy online friend.  I talk to you more than him... *shrug*

And, what does that have ANYTHING to do with what I have said in this thread about Sec. 8 defense and what it is?

Is what I have said untrue in any manner?

Sec. 8 doesn't stop arrest.  I consider it a lesser defense. Ask tarzan if he would have rather have just shown his card and be on his way or be out looking for a free lawyer or free money.  An affirmative defense is a backstop to conviction.   Much needed of course, and of course a must for an medical cannabis law.  But I don't know any sane person who thinks Sec 8 is better than sec 4 defenses greg.

XXXXXX

I've always liked you and your posts but this is childish and your making yourself look bad imho.

Maybe we could get back to trying to help Tarzan here instead of you hogging up the thread to beat up on Mal.

And for the record, I don't know Mal, and I don't like Dr. Bob..

Edited by mibrains