Dispensaries Going After Caregivers (Again...)

They are together, look outside. Why invite the government in?

Didn't someone just say most is coming from out of state?  most caregivers had stopped selling to dispenses for fear of raids.  So hard to get the right story.  I'm certainly not with them more than a patients perspective.

Well, regardless, patients pay the entire cost of whatever the state deems needs to be done: inspect, test, package, label, city municipal fees, taxes. I don't need to tell you that patients with caregivers don't want one bit of it, and shouldn't lose their right to grow their own because of it.

Heck, look how expensive the current dispensaries are without all that.

Same price or a little cheaper than in an illegal state.  If they come in it'll be better then to move back to an illegal state from a patients perspective.

Some say illegal, some say unregulated, who can be sure? I know I walk right past an Ann Arbor dispensary on my way to the courthouse, defending patients and their caregivers. I don't think the Ann Arbor dispensaries think they are shady. These and others are the very persons lobbying the state legislature to regulate all dispensaries and add burdensome and expensive regulations which will have the effect of limiting competition in a manner favorable to their business interests and investment.

Do they really lack protections that patients and their caregivers possess?

The ones who get raided?

Is Ann Arbor, Detroit or Flint really good comparisons?  There one could say legal unless the feds come in and the state doesn't care. What about ones in Livingston Co, Oakland Co. etc.  Patients shouldn't have to move to one of these places to be a patient.

Edited by Norby

Norby, I don't know the answer, but I do know that additional regulation from a hostile Republican government is unlikely to be it.

Which is why it's soooo important to get everyone together and on the same page.  I'm no organizer I don't know what to do but as always.  I can go back illegal if I have to because people are all at each others throats. 

Sorry, you and grass hashed out a bunch of what i wrote.  Shouldve read it all before replying.

Washington state is struggling with this now; the licensed and over-regulated producers want the "unregulated" patient and caregiver market shut down. That can only be done through criminal penalties, as those on this site know.

That's the dispensary/Testing Cartels plan here as well.

Dispensary price on a mid med was $60. 1/8

What would it be after taxing, testing, labeling, and of course the middleman mark up... $100

Who thinks MMJ needs to be more expensive than it is?

How many here feel they need more regulations on there grow?

How many only want to buy thru a disp at rediculous prices?

Don't we have enough government in our lives.

get the fk out of our garden! Say No to disp and Testing. say Hell no to 4209 and 4210

Progress for Patients is Decriminalization......anything else is a step backwards, or worse!

Decriminalization would allow for Home Grow, dispensaries, CareGivers, Farm Markets, Cottage Markets, medibles, Voluntary Testing, Sharing

What's not to like.

If you want unity........you will find it in Decriminalization

Norby , what's your argument against Decriminalization.

Edited by beourbud

Patients support dispensaries. Only the patients give them the money to continue.

Speak to patients if you wish to end the support.

If we had a choice decrim would win our vote. but there is no choice at this moment silly.

Dispensaries attract the recreational user, that's who they are advertising to.and that is there goal.

They don't care about patients...silly , they want to do away with Patients and CareGivers Grow Right.

Look at Hawaii and Washington

The dispensary lobby are like the neocons, they will lie to you about WMD so they and their buddies can get the no bid contracts and rape the public.

Now they are moving onto Medical Marijuana

We the People Voted for Patients and Cargeivers

Dispensaries have done nothing but raise the cost , brought More regulation, divided our members and mislead many who believed them ultimately ending in jail and fines

Decriminalization has the support of patients Caregivers and recreational users.

The disp cartel is the only one opposed, it does not fit their business model

Hell No to 4209 and 4210

zap,

My response was to beourbud. I didn't say to end support, I told beourbud to speak to the only registrants supporting a dispensary with their cash, if he wishes to close them down.

. HE wishes to end them, believes one politician over another can somehow stop patient demand and put an end to dispensaries, and is misguided believing we have a choice of decrim at this moment.

I know patients can buy anywhere, but those who think the dispensary is the devil must reconcile with its supporters, not preach to the choir.  Now, that puts things into light, supply and demand for example. No matter our votes if the demand is higher than the legal supply, dispensaries of some sort will always exist, and always have.

If dispensaries are to go away as he suggests, their means of support would have to dry up eh?  Who invests in companies trying to shut down or change  the Act?  Why would a registrant do such a thing?

I believe we can  more effectively vote with our dollar than our pens. Money is counted fairly.  Businesses are closed down all the time by their former supporters. If that's what the pulse of the community is, then so be it, stop supporting them, and they will go away .  If its only what a few want, fekkem, majority wins every time.  Nefarious opposition muddled with politics to blame always concerns me. We the people must take responsibility for our own actions.

We want dispensaries?

We want them taxed and regulated?

We do not want dispensaries,  patients are left on their own?

I know for a fact there are patients in this system who will never find a suitable caregiver and cannot grow for themselves.

I think dispensaries attract many different types of users. From recreational small uses to absolute patient necessities. Caregivers are afraid to sell oil, the same oil that ends seizures for some. Where will these patients get their oil without the fearless dispensaries?  To paint them as a recreational outlet only is unfair.

I don't like them at this point, because I'm jealous, wont break my law, and cant even legally supply them.   Like Pepsi not even being allowed to use cocaine in their pop for competition in the market,  it aint fair!

How much is their yearly permit that allows only one company to import a scheduled drug for a recreational drink manufacture monopoly?  Who exactly is invested?

When the old schools didn't pay their "insurance" they're place of business was often robbed and raided too. I there an amount of money I can "donate" that will shield me with protections at a farmers market? 

You guys should learn about the mutual arising of opposites.  It is what starts wars.

What keeps you here in Michigan?

Sounds like you have lived in a few states, wouldn't colorado be like, utopia  ?

I mean coming from another state and Pushin for dispensaries, ?  

Why not spend your energy toward Decriminalization .   Basically maintaining a fertile ground so a Healthy Free Market may Naturally arise.

Farmers Markets are a Great Model,  Local Farmers Supporting Their Respective Communities.

There are many steps forward but your lobby for dispensaries is a giant step back.

If you had lived here for a while you would appreciate the environment we enjoy Now thanks to so many that have made it possible. 

Edited by beourbud

Grass

Dont think you need to be reminded how the dispensary lobby did a Hostle take over of the Compassion Clubs,  taking advantage of hundreds of elderly, home bound, disabled, Good Hearted CareGivers and Patients.  And removing any doubt profit trumped compassion in their Business Model

These are the same folk ,   but in embarrassingly smaller numbers  

Why not Open it Up to a Free Market.......Decriminalize

Would this Not save Tax Payer Money and Resources, make for a Cleaner Environment And Stimulate The Economy where it Needs to be stimulated...The Roots  (US)

Enough restrictions for patients supplying their own meds.

GET OFF OUR GRASS

Edited by beourbud

I've met handfuls of cg's and patients. A group of cg's will tell you of nightmares to avoid.

I did say "suitable" right. Dispensaries are not legal according to the law in many areas of this state.

Those are not considered "suitable"  by my standards. Slinging mj form out of state is not acceptable in these current days right?  =unsuitable

With all the hassles and concerns caregivers are getting smarter. Its not just anyone they let join their five anymore.  We are very discerning for the most part, and despise patient shilling, and we don't supply the dispensaries.

Who wants to service a drunk? an 18 year old?

an evil face tattoo?   and are their suppliers suitable?  long lasting relationships....maybe the growers that supply the dispensaries have less scurples, but then why are there lines at the dispensary ??        but we can disagree of course.

Grass

Dont think you need to be reminded how the dispensary lobby did a Hostle take over of the Compassion Clubs,  taking advantage of hundreds of elderly, home bound, disabled, Good Hearted CareGivers and Patients.  And removing any doubt profit trumped compassion in their Business Model

These are the same folk ,   but in embarrassingly smaller numbers  

Why not Open it Up to a Free Market.......Decriminalize

Would this Not save Tax Payer Money and Resources, make for a Cleaner Environment And Stimulate The Economy where it Needs to be stimulated...The Roots  (US)

Enough of the restrictions for patients supplying their own meds.

GET OFF OUR GRASS

I agree with most surprisingly, except the part of the hostile take over.

This was done with your own people recall. Once friendly acquaintences, fellow spot pokers and the sick, they left you, and sold at the farmers markets, then naturally graduated to a dispensary here and there.

I don't like to hear of families with networked cg's/patients being called folks hiding behind the card and making profits......when that's exactly what a dispensary does I know. I don't have my boots dug in on this one yet, but no worries, when I form a real opinion, I'll let you know surely. In the mean time, you'll have to dredge through my seemingly endless and senseless posts.

In reality though, you and I are probably not that far apart in ideals, nothing a twist couldn't clear up. :)

LOL  Not enough caregivers?  

No One wants to be a Patient But Everyone Wants to Be a caregiver.

Heck Detroit is wall to wall caregivers

yep, like pic says, yards and yards of 300 plant plots, all very helpful caregivers serving patients, face tats, drunks included.

might be more to being a cg than growing pot. at least I used to think so.

What keeps you here in Michigan?

Sounds like you have lived in a few states, wouldn't colorado be like, utopia  ?

I mean coming from another state and Pushin for dispensaries, ?  

Why not spend your energy toward Decriminalization .   Basically maintaining a fertile ground so a Healthy Free Market may Naturally arise.

Farmers Markets are a Great Model,  Local Farmers Supporting Their Respective Communities.

There are many steps forward but your lobby for dispensaries is a giant step back.

If you had lived here for a while you would appreciate the environment we enjoy Now thanks to so many that have made it possible. 

I'd rather not say as I don't feel comfortable in this climate divulging that info to someone who may use it against me.  It's why I've never got a real job.  I couldn't live with the stress of having to treat everyone in a way that squashed my ability to be true for fear of what they may know and use against me, sorry. This war has been on me since I was 12 years old and it does psychological damage. I have not seen an effort I can get behind, they all leave someone out.  I see no organization to rally for. I am an intuitive thinker, my subconscious plays too much on my sleep trying to find an answer and it wears me down.  I don't exactly know always why I think how I think but I KNOW deep down it's right for reasons my subconcious doesn't always let me know right away.  Sorry, but I am who I am.  Life is complicated but I believe I have a reason for the way I see things and feel a need to try and get people together.  It's in my nature and that is all I can tell you.

Maybe it's insanity, always trying to bring people together and it doesn't work and I get thrown off mentally from it.  Some kind of battered syndrome or something.  I think it's just nature for peoplee to identify an enemy and the gov't uses it against us and I can't turn everyone on the source.  I don't know, I really don't and I think about it too much. I can't do ANYTHING and I have to be allright with that.  i've spoke my mind, seems like things have happened here, I wasn't part of and don't understand.  I'll stop.  Or I'll try I should say.

Edited by Norby

Nobody to judge suitability but the patient, who is free to change at any time, or grow it. Believe it or not, drunks, 18 year olds, face tattoo people, they all find their medical marijuana here in Michigan, and create the relationships they wish along the way. Some of these people find spouses, friends, and their dogs even love them.

I got all my patients because they were unhappy for a long while and FINALLY found someone good.  You look at things by 1 extreme.  I can go county by county and see how many patients and how many caregivers.  Remember some caregivers are only for their kids or family members.  We can show there aren't enough where the patients are.  I have to drive 1 hr and 15min for my closest patient and one has moved so much it's between 1 1/2 hours and 2 hours.  He'd be better served by a dispensary.  Not everything fits into boxes.  Not to mention do they make medibles, concentrates, do they test if the patient wants.  So many different personalities out there that the match for some may be on the other side of the state because all teh caregivers who do these things are taken up.  I have 4 patients that don't take medibles, but I make them.  None of their last caregivers did that.  Do I drop them to find the perfect match when they think this is?

Edited by Norby

Nobody to judge suitability but the patient, who is free to change at any time, or grow it. Believe it or not, drunks, 18 year olds, face tattoo people, they all find their medical marijuana here in Michigan, and create the relationships they wish along the way. Some of these people find spouses, friends, and their dogs even love them.

agreed. but take a look at the local dispensary patrons. makes sense to me. and then another 7 yrs as a legal provider, one who used to register any sick person with a card if I wanted another patient, I learned. I wish I had five family members to help me pay the garden expenses, but I have to rely on instinct and interview for my safety, which begins with surrounding myself with good solid responsible people, whatever that means to me. Since it has worked wonderfully, I will continue to carry on with my bad self.   I don't keep drunk face tattooed 18 year olds as friends, I definitely would not want to meet and sell them a controlled substance with a room full of plants for them.  I think you understand.

I drive no less than 2 hours for all but one patient, always have.  And those patients are in the marijuana mecca. bad growers, bad dispensary product, they move on. I love meeting mature experienced cannabis users who represent well in life and in our Act, preferably  discerning adults ready to settle down with superb medicine.   The people I've registered are genuine candidates for great friends, in any other scenario. These days only cool people have approached me.

I figure up north where I am people are most likely and have always(?) been growing their own supplies.  Believe me, all my life I wanted to also.(tiny testes)

So is the core of your position that most other caregivers are incompetent or worse, and that only people like you can be a good caregiver? That is what this sounds like. 

That's silly, I could introduce you to much better caregivers than myself, some whom I've learned a wealth of knowledge from. Within context this may have made better sense to you?  My response was to beourbud, once again, to this post of his, one I suspect was facetious form the get go. "

LOL Not enough caregivers?

No One wants to be a Patient But Everyone Wants to Be a caregiver.

Heck Detroit is wall to wall caregivers

Will someone next attempt to tell me that the 300 plant plots in backyards of Detroit homes

is all about the amount of pot a patient needs to use for his conditions? c'mon?

my facetious answer to his post, lol'ing with him, makes more sense now?

I don't understand what dispensary patrons you are looking at, and you really do claim that you are not tied in or participating with dispensaries, so where does your wealth of knowledge come from about their patrons?

I haven't visited one in years, and ever did sell to one, but the ones around here have folks standing around outside most days I drive by. I don't have a wealth of knowledge, but I do see the people I'm talking about, and its been discussed here in the forum in the past. I don't see the same folks hanging out where you may frequent possibly? ann arbor vs up north hoky? who knows. This may be a demographic issue of misunderstanding. You have had these in the past, where your area is different than ours maybe.

No need for the pigeon hole attempt right

I totally understand why you would not want to serve as caregiver for a patient that you personally feel uncomfortable or morally judgmental towards, around, but that does not mean there is no caregiver that will feel comfortable with them. I just can't wrap my head around this idea of yours that all people are like you and that somehow no patient with a face tattoo could feel comfortable with a caregiver with a face tattoo, for instance. It just doesn't make sense. You've heard the saying "different strokes for different folks?"

See, this is what I mean.  You are either on one side or another side here.  i don't know if I can help Tarzan and meet people who think I am the enemy.  I've hed too much of my words twisted on this board to feel anyone thinks I'm "for the caregivers".  I'm a lone wolf looking for a pack and maybe mine's not out there.  I thought moving to a medical state with the act being taken backwards tehre would be more unity.  I don't do well in cliques and internal drama.  I don't know maybe this life is for me to see people just can't get along.  I guess I have some thinking to do.  This is really a dilemma.  I can't take the negativity, it's everywhere I look.  People just trying to destroy the other way of thinking.  Trying to twist things to make it look the enemy.

I am not whining I just think a lot of people don't put there feelings on line for people to see, just showing you what is going thru my mind, no other intention.  I just think maybe people don't see how they make people feel and maybe that's something different to give them perspective, i don't know.  I'll most likely go, maybe I just won't bring the dog and not tell anyone who I am, look like a local or something.  It's just maddening to still have to tip toe thru life.  To be paranoid that your friends are your enemies.

Edited by Norby

I have tat'd friends, even one face tat'd one. no patients though. mostly because they were all under 30 ! oh yeah..... ride him for the under thirty rule too !!!! that's the ticket.

some goofs in the registrations have no worries registering just anyone in need. then, they are busted for something, wrig up a gofundme, and blame a faulty Act, take a plea, phaq us all. me, I just use natural instinct, and learned lessons. Its my fault really. I cannot properly serve the under thirty crowd, or the the face tat'd drunks either. nothing personal against them. but why waste their time if I already know the outcome, and why take a chance on the outcome. we see how that works out for the busted among us. cops just don't somehow know of those extra clones, or that pound in the closet, do they, nope, someone tells them. who could that be I often wonder.... bad Act my azzzs ! maybe bad character judgment plays a part in bust too, duh?

yep, like pic says, yards and yards of 300 plant plots, all very helpful caregivers serving patients, face tats, drunks included.

might be more to being a cg than growing pot. at least I used to think so.

WOW

Hey,  I am on the human side.

We can all be human,  Cant we?

Tat or not....yes?

Edited by beourbud