Michigan Cannabis Coalition Legalization Initiative

Why is "financial ability, and the highest excellence of business savy", being written into the qualifications to open a facility?  This isn't medical, there's no immediate necessity for a business to be successful.  People who need medical, need it fast and now, but with recreational, it should be based on what farm the consumer want's to purchase from.

Whether or not a person can succeed as a farmer (indoors, or outdoors), should have nothing to do with the finances they already have. 

I'm out on this one, and I'm really bummed out, with all the "activists" at MILegalize, you would think they would be working for the citizens of Michigan.  This is exactly why legalization failed in California. 

Why is "financial ability, and the highest excellence of business savy", being written into the qualifications to open a facility? ....

This type of wording is cut and paste from liquor licensing law.  The government wants in insure they get their cut. 

The argument they make is that if you are poorly financed or not "business savy" you are likely to fail.   Now that in itself is not their concern, but think about it, the government expects you to be collecting taxes for them.  If your business is failing they might not get paid.  And, while the business is on its way down the tubes, the owner is likely to cut corners to stay afloat, i.e. sell stuff off the books just to keep cash flow going.  Again, they do not get paid.

Why is "financial ability, and the highest excellence of business savy", being written into the qualifications to open a facility?  This isn't medical, there's no immediate necessity for a business to be successful.  People who need medical, need it fast and now, but with recreational, it should be based on what farm the consumer want's to purchase from.

Whether or not a person can succeed as a farmer (indoors, or outdoors), should have nothing to do with the finances they already have. 

I'm out on this one, and I'm really bummed out, with all the "activists" at MILegalize, you would think they would be working for the citizens of Michigan.  This is exactly why legalization failed in California. 

Hey slipstar,

this one isn't "MiLegalize" 's proposal.

There are 3 proposals being discussed:

MILEGALIZE =  A general group of some community activists.

Michigan Responsibility Council(MRC) = Uber Rich Republican interests headed up by Paul Welday who wish to only allow Ten grows and rescind the medical marihuana law.

Michigan Cannabis Coalition(MCC) = The proposal I posted here as the topic starter.  Generally they are the young republicans headed by  Marsden who are crowd funding it.  They have around $30,000 in the bank and have spent that much already(or close).

If I were to open a medical marijuana facility to supply medicine to patients, for medicinal use only. I would operate as a state non-profit organization. To top it off, it would be 100% transparent. All records would be public. My goal would not be about profits. Yes, a paycheck is necessary to survive and bills need to be paid. It is too bad that there are not really any facilities operating like this, you know, truly wanting to help patients, not make big profits. I don't think medical use should be taxed, at least for the patients. Not that I am interested in doing this, just the way I see it. The reason why, cannabis can make a big difference in people's lives, especially CONCENTRATES.

too bad our government doesn't see things this way, what is best for the people.

Hey slipstar,

this one isn't "MiLegalize" 's proposal.

There are 3 proposals being discussed:

MILEGALIZE =  A general group of some community activists.

Michigan Responsibility Council(MRC) = Uber Rich Republican interests headed up by Paul Welday who wish to only allow Ten grows and rescind the medical marihuana law.

Michigan Cannabis Coalition(MCC) = The proposal I posted here as the topic starter.  Generally they are the young republicans headed by  Marsden who are crowd funding it.  They have around $30,000 in the bank and have spent that much already(or close).

Thanks for clarifying that, BIG mistake on my part.  Edited to say I felt super disillusioned for about a day... :)

Edited by slipstar059

I have recently been convinced to be against dispensaries. At first it sounded good and was all for it until I saw the effects. The media and government seems to be taking sides towards recreational. The recreational suppliers in Colorado are complaining that the medical law is infringing on their profits. That is ridiculous and sickening. That would be no different than a beer company complaining that pharmaceutical pain medicines are infringing on their beer sales. It seems profit is more important than medical benefits. Government typically shows favortism towards large corporations. That is where the money is. That is wrong, un-American. I would assume the same would happen here. Then it would go to the next level. Do the same as what they have done to the tobacco companies to where it is mandatory to spray chemicals on the tobacco before processing for sale.

I would love to see the weed free, I would love that, but I just don't see that happening without high cost.

I have recently been convinced to be against dispensaries. At first it sounded good and was all for it until I saw the effects. The media and government seems to be taking sides towards recreational. The recreational suppliers in Colorado are complaining that the medical law is infringing on their profits. That is ridiculous and sickening. That would be no different than a beer company complaining that pharmaceutical pain medicines are infringing on their beer sales. It seems profit is more important than medical benefits. Government typically shows favortism towards large corporations. That is where the money is. That is wrong, un-American. I would assume the same would happen here. Then it would go to the next level. Do the same as what they have done to the tobacco companies to where it is mandatory to spray chemicals on the tobacco before processing for sale.

I would love to see the weed free, I would love that, but I just don't see that happening without high cost.

I do understand how you feel but as Mal has posted above MILEGALIZE is better then the other two  imho i think someone wants  us to be confused  when we sign the  proposal the most thing as i was told yesterday that it is only a $100 fine if you go beyond the Law 

Are you saying that Law 1 of 2008 was badly written ?

No. Considering the political environment here in Michigan in 2008 , the authors used language as well as bits of other law to compose a bill that they thought would have the greatest chance to pass. It did so in Grand Fashion, confirming the Citizens of this Great State strongly support Medical Marijuana and More importantly the Will of the People to Allow a Person to Grow their Own.

Dispensaries were intentionally and wisely excluded from the law.

Badly written.?....Every jot and tittle will be exploited and used against us by the Prohibitionist.

Our Bill of Rights is regularly attacked even today by those who would corrupt our law , striping us of our liberties and protections for their profit and personal gain. Our Home Grow Law would be attacked by the greedy special interest even if Thomas Jefferson penned it himself.

Our Law, although not perfect, reflects the will of the people and thru vigilant opposition to the republicans can and will be the Succesful Model other states will follow.

Kudos to the authors, sponsors, activists, petitioners and Voters of the Great State of Mchigan for Leading the way and fighting for Protecting Patients and their right to Grow their own Meds or have a CareGiver help them with that.

Eta..I edited my previous post for clarification

Edited by beourbud

Comparing the current language in any of the bills being considered is like comparing which death sentence you prefer for Our Current Law.

Like the Lie of WMD. The bills are Weapons of Mass Distraction. A lie to undo The Will of the Voters and promote system that is only focused on gain and greed of a chosen few republicans.

Warn your children! Don't lie, don't steal and Never trust a fknrepublican!!

I do understand how you feel but as Mal has posted above MILEGALIZE is better then the other two  imho i think someone wants  us to be confused  when we sign the  proposal the most thing as i was told yesterday that it is only a $100 fine if you go beyond the Law 

I'm not pushing any of the bills or whatever. I'm not suggesting what is right or wrong. I just hope they don't F it all up. Improvements would be fantastic as long as they don't take away what we already have. I have a lot invested into this, and many others do too. I hope they don't ruin for us all.

Edit: beourbud and Patman. I am sure one of you two are correct. Whatever happens will happen. I surely don't have any influence on the outcome, just hope and pray for the best.

Edited by GrowGoddess

Patman

thinking once a legalization program is in place, the MMMP will inevitably be judged redundant and unnecessary.

The dispensaries want to eliminate the competition

the competition is the Home Grow

we would be better off expanding and promoting Home grows by removing restrictions on them ultimately including all citizens the right to Grow their Own.

The price for legal weed in colo is $700+ / oz

The price of MMJ currently hovers at @ $ 200 or less,

Edited by beourbud

Patman

thinking once a legalization program is in place, the MMMP will inevitably be judged redundant and unnecessary.

The dispensaries want to eliminate the competition

the competition is the Home Grow

we would be better off expanding and promoting Home grows by removing restrictions on them ultimately including all citizens the right to Grow their Own.

The price for legal weed in colo is $700+ / oz

The price of MMJ currently hovers at @ $ 200 or less,

WHAT??????

Recreational site

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/natural-remedies-adult-use

Unless the taxes are 200% it's only $250 an ounce for ADULT USE.  Trying to scare people doesn't work well.  You may get away with it once but then you loose all credibility.  Where did you get that #?

Mine was updated yesterday and was just the first site I pulled up.  If taxes are 50% the most expensive their is $450/oz.  Maybe you calculated buying an ounce bu the gram? Nopeit's $450/oz by the gram +tax, oops, just read a review and those prices are with tax, I think.  Says the price on the menu is out the door.  So , I don't know where you get your pricing but $250-$300 OUT THE DOOR doesn't sound all that bad to me.

WHAT??????

Recreational site

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/natural-remedies-adult-use

Unless the taxes are 200% it's only $250 an ounce for ADULT USE. Trying to scare people doesn't work well. You may get away with it once but then you loose all credibility. Where did you get that #?

Mine was updated yesterday and was just the first site I pulled up. If taxes are 50% the most expensive their is $450/oz. Maybe you calculated buying an ounce bu the gram? Nopeit's $450/oz by the gram +tax, oops, just read a review and those prices are with tax, I think. Says the price on the menu is out the door. So , I don't know where you get your pricing but $250-$300 OUT THE DOOR doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Watching brekenridge cannabis club.....No oz's. And $25 a gram.... %25. Tax.

$31 a gram out the door

what am I missing? Prices @ here $200 to $240. Top shelf

Does cannabis have to be expensive to be good?

Watch brekenridge cannabis club.. Colo

$31 a gram is pretty scary. Check it Out. very interesting and informative.

I think it was the discovery channel

Edited by beourbud

Check the link I posted.   You seem to be comparing apples and oranges and linking it to dispensaries or something.  The link I posted is to weedmaps and the medical and adult use prices are comparable in the same areas.  You are probably comparing prices in Breckenridge the day after legalization to the prices in Denver for patients or something.  I imagine the price of a gallon of milk in Breckenridge is scary.  But it has nothing to do with dispensaries.

Did you look at the prices there for medical and adult use?  $200 - $300.  Is that expensive?  Is it good?  Why do you think legal has to be expensive?

Edited by Norby

Check the link I posted.   You seem to be comparing apples and oranges and linking it to dispensaries or something.  The link I posted is to weedmaps and the medical and adult use prices are comparable in the same areas.  You are probably comparing prices in Breckenridge the day after legalization to the prices in Denver for patients or something.  I imagine the price of a gallon of milk in Breckenridge is scary.  But it has nothing to do with dispensaries.

well I certainly won't attack your credibility but the program was dated and recent.

I could appreciate your perspective more if you watched the program before making assumptions.

The show points out some interesting challenges \ concerns on both sides. Disp and Local Gov.

FWIW, Breckenridge is a destination ski resort town.   98% of the folks in town are from out of state.   If I recall correctly, legalization started at the peak of the ski tourism season in CO.

jan 1 I believe, so what has the location have to do with price? They appear to purchase product from the same ops the rest do at least until they opened their own grow op.

So should we charge out of state tourists more for bread and milk or alcohol...I don't understand your reasoning.

Do we need to gouge them just because we can?

One thing that stands out, colo is a very progressive state, the republican house, senate and gov are keeping Michigan in a Permanent state of Reefer Madness.