It Is Time We All Come Together!

Reasonable and rational discourse does not engage in or with speculation, lies, hyperbole, insults, and fallacy. These I work to abide by and require a little work to understand and sometimes lots of fortitude to stick with. Sometimes there is antagonism carried to extremes that cannot be shut down with that in mind, and I choose then to return in kind when pushed past reasonable limits. For instance, my reaction to personal insult toward me or my friends is to throw down. I am only too glad to call out those who choose to converse without them. That should be no secret here. I find resto the most extreme example on the part of any regular poster, and a quick study of his contributions will clarify that.

Edited by GregS

Reasonable and rational discourse does not engage in or with speculation, lies, hyperbole, insults, and fallacy. These I work to abide by and require a little work to understand and sometimes lots of fortitude to stick with. Sometimes there is antagonism carried to extremes that cannot be shut down with that in mind, and I choose then to return in kind when pushed past reasonable limits. For instance, my reaction to personal insult toward me or my friends is to throw down. I am only too glad to call out those who choose to converse without them. That should be no secret here. I find resto the most extreme example on the part of any regular poster, and a quick study of his contributions will clarify that.

post-31484-0-42497500-1433453697_thumb.jpg

Im very proud of you Jim, I hope that video shows you the info and lite you need to have a better life!

Thank you so much for trying to help your self, Im always up for people helping them selves and others!

Peace

Here Jim for you

Wow sledge I love that song!

I have seen pearl jam!  I wish they would have been able to play at tiger stadium with kiss, alice in chains, they were supposed to but the singer was in rehab!

I guess it was best because kiss dont let other bands that back them up play loud or sound better than them, and pearl jam is so much better than kiss live!

The kiss show at tiger stadium was one hot azz day, people getting sick every where, had to be like 20 yrs ago. not sure but I beleive it was the first yr the tigers quit playing there,,,,,,,time realy fly's when your having fun :bong2:  :hair:

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

Last concert I went to, sorta, was the Monsters of Rock, with barely audible metallica,  van halen, lip synch Kingdom Come,  Dokken, Scorpions.

Problem was the people. booze fueled chaos.  Bottle rockets going off in peoples faces all over the place around me in in the other areas. I had front row seats too. People were bleeding, flipping out, we moved to the bleachers, then left with our lives. I've never seen fighting like that, like the place exploded with anger and fury.

I left joking

many many years later was convinced The Foreigner Blue Oyster Cult concert would be nothing like that, and it wasn't.  Before they played they talked with lots of people in the audience, very friendly. Joints were passed from row to row, I was third row front center. I had a great time.

Last concert I went to, sorta, was the Monsters of Rock, with barely audible metallica,  van halen, lip synch Kingdom Come,  Dokken, Scorpions.

Problem was the people. booze fueled chaos.  Bottle rockets going off in peoples faces all over the place around me in in the other areas. I had front row seats too. People were bleeding, flipping out, we moved to the bleachers, then left with our lives. I've never seen fighting like that, like the place exploded with anger and fury.

I left joking

many many years later was convinced The Foreigner Blue Oyster Cult concert would be nothing like that, and it wasn't.  Before they played they talked with lots of people in the audience, very friendly. Joints were passed from row to row, I was third row front center. I had a great time.

I was lucky enough to see the black and blue tour, black sabbath and blue oyster colt, man you wanna talk about a great show!

honestly the best show that sounded like their albums was deep purple, they sounded awsome, maybe the lipp synched but I highly doubt it, I seen metalica at the palace, they put on a realy good show, they had 2 stages, one was bigger and quite aways from me, and the smaller stage was real close to me, they sounded great!

I seen uriha heep at royal oak music theater in the early 80's, we had front row center seats, me and a few friends were on some qualudes and I was passed out with my feet on the stage when they came on,,,,,the singer kicked my feet off of the stage and yelled wake up mother phaqer lmao! a true story, I have many concert storys from back in the day, before they had computer tickets, I worked for a guy who new a ticket printer and for 5 bucks over cost we got front row center at cobo, pine knob, olympia, royal oak, I pretty much did concerts just about every weekend, wish I had them ticket stubs and my match box cars lol, I have american made schwinns though lol!

The good old days!

Peace

we got front row center at cobo, pine knob, olympia, royal oak

I've had good luck going to a venue right before the concert starts and asking for the best seats they have. 

Frequently promoters will save a few choice seats for their friends and if they don't show up 20 minutes before the show then the tickets go on sale. I've had seats in the first few rows for a number of shows by doing this.

Edited by Wild Bill

• 3 months later...

I've had good luck going to a venue right before the concert starts and asking for the best seats they have. 

Frequently promoters will save a few choice seats for their friends and if they don't show up 20 minutes before the show then the tickets go on sale. I've had seats in the first few rows for a number of shows by doing this.

Good planning. I went to an Elton John concert at the Palace about 20 years ago. The four of us got there really early and took our seats. A promoter came by and offered to trade our tickets for front row tickets if we agreed to be enthusiastic during the show.

Years later, I went to see Kid Rock at the Saginaw Civic Center. I saw a concert promoter making the rounds and talking to people. I assumed he was offering upgraded tickets so I went over to him and asked him if we could upgrade tickets. He told me that he was offering 8th row tickets to people and they were getting mad at him. I told him I'd be happy to have the 8th row because I had looked at the seating charts and knew that the 8th row was actually the first row in front of the main runway. I guess he was looking for people who understood what he was offering because he told me that he hadn't told anyone how good the seats were.

A couple of years ago I went to see Gordon Lightfoot at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor. Again, I spotted the promoter and told him that I have listened to Gordon since I was eight years old and that I'd love to be closer to the stage. He gave me two tickets in the front row at center stage and said that if we waited in the alley after the show, we could meet Gordon in person. (Which we did)

Another time, I took a date to see Chris Isaak at the Whiting Auditorium in Flint. It was mostly a black tie event - lots of wealthy older people. Again, I spotted the promoter and told him that my date would love it if we could get closer. He gave us two front-row tickets next to the main aisle. They were the best seats in the house.

Those are the only four big name concerts I've been to, and I got prime seats every time. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you learn how to work the system.

Good planning. I went to an Elton John concert at the Palace about 20 years ago. The four of us got there really early and took our seats. A promoter came by and offered to trade our tickets for front row tickets if we agreed to be enthusiastic during the show.

Years later, I went to see Kid Rock at the Saginaw Civic Center. I saw a concert promoter making the rounds and talking to people. I assumed he was offering upgraded tickets so I went over to him and asked him if we could upgrade tickets. He told me that he was offering 8th row tickets to people and they were getting mad at him. I told him I'd be happy to have the 8th row because I had looked at the seating charts and knew that the 8th row was actually the first row in front of the main runway. I guess he was looking for people who understood what he was offering because he told me that he hadn't told anyone how good the seats were.

A couple of years ago I went to see Gordon Lightfoot at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor. Again, I spotted the promoter and told him that I have listened to Gordon since I was eight years old and that I'd love to be closer to the stage. He gave me two tickets in the front row at center stage and said that if we waited in the alley after the show, we could meet Gordon in person. (Which we did)

Another time, I took a date to see Chris Isaak at the Whiting Auditorium in Flint. It was mostly a black tie event - lots of wealthy older people. Again, I spotted the promoter and told him that my date would love it if we could get closer. He gave us two front-row tickets next to the main aisle. They were the best seats in the house.

Those are the only four big name concerts I've been to, and I got prime seats every time. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you learn how to work the system.

I know You are a realy Nice guy and could get what you want in life!

Im looking forward to getting together again, maybe we can talk concerts in real life :drinking-coffee:

Peace

Jim

I sincerely hope you did not spend too much time dwelling on this over the past 4 months,  And I hope you did not invest too much thought into your response.  

But in case you did....Good one!

I dont consider myself a dem or rep or independent or anything!  As far as I am concerned they are all crooks and only have their own selve's that they care about!

I am not happy with our choices this time around or last time around, It dont mean I wont be voting, Im hoping some one on either side can get me to want to vote for them , so far nothing!

Peace

Jim

I didn't even know of "lip synching" concerts then but it sure was strange that Kingdom Come turned on the lights and the music started. The exact same sequence as their first album, breaks and all. Not one word to the audience, no nothing. They played each song in a row, "sounded " better than any other band there, and was gone.

they were a sham in my opinion. at the time I thought their music was interesting, but the hype surrounding it was lame marketing to me.

Someday we'll be able to go see a hologram of a phony  Kingdom Come performance. Imitation art, intimidating imitation life :blink: