Iso Caregiver Willing To Pay For Card And Take My Plants

Mcfrock13

teams of co ops have been taken down in the past.

If a patient knowingly is involved with an illegal scheme of free pot for selling off my 12 plants deal,  designed to outwit the Act, by selling to unregistered people, not one of your own five patients, .....I can see how they would want to rob those individuals, without or without charges, as they might have video games and such to play on break.   when the cg is busted, because maybe the dispensary was busted with his cards and info on file of course, so is the patient names and info on those cards. cops might want to implicate a larger conspiracy to justify their looting and fleecing of  doctor/state certified ill  citizens.

Im sorry but yo guys are sounding like drug dealers and not caregivers ive never met a true caregiver that is more concerned about the money and helping some in need of meds so as you are not helping any situation just wasting time

It's not about money for us. It's about staying within the law because others depend on us and need us. I don't jay walk because I know how important it is to my patients that I be here as long as possible and without interruption.

It seems to me like many were trying to help. I'm sorry you feel like they are somehow wasting your time.

Edited by suneday11

Why would it affect someone if their CG sells overages to a dispensary? Besides if the garden gets shut down.

I'm just curious, it seems you're implying a patient could be in legal trouble if their GC did that.

Yes, I am implying that and more, including issues of confidentiality.  It is pretty commonly known that dispensaries will copy the records of a CG who sells to them.  I would not want a CG to give a copy of my card/his card to a dispensary.  Worse yet, the CG might be inclined to give a copy of the actual paperwork if the buyer requested it. 

As far as legal issues, it could be as simple as a CG selling to 10 patients, getting arrested, and having to launch a Section 8 defense, requiring the testimony of his patients.  I would not want to get wrapped-up in that...the hassle and likely loss of confidentiality that would result.

Worse still :  http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/01/bill_schuette_new_state_attorn.html

Im sorry but yo guys are sounding like drug dealers and not caregivers ive never met a true caregiver that is more concerned about the money and helping some in need of meds so as you are not helping any situation just wasting time

I'm sorry this has frustrated you.  I'm simply offering food for thought.  It isn't clear how familiar you are with the program in Michigan.  I guess I figured you don't know a whole lot about it, mostly because you said you know lots of CGs who grow for free and don't sell overages.  Your experience is not representative of the norm.  I've met lots of compassionate people, but a CG paying expenses and giving stuff away for free and not selling overages is very rare by my observations of the program since it started.  Many others here would agree.  It may be a waste of your time to read and consider the possibilities of why a CG would take such a deal.  Maybe you already thought through all of that (seems you did).  But other people will be reading your post and possibly assuming that it's always a great idea to sign up a "free med" CG.  Such people should be given the full picture so they can make an informed choice.

Maybe your approach has a little something to do with it.  When you ask strangers for something for free and offer to start paying when "work picks up," it kinda begs the question why you aren't offering something in return now, like helping to trim, mow the CGs lawn, make concentrates, make edibles,  - I dunno - since it would appear that you're able to work and would have the time for it.  Or, if I'm mistaken, and you can't work, it would go a long way if you said "I'm really sick, I need meds, I can't work, I'd love to help a CG off-set the time/expense by helping him in some other way, but I just can't."

I'm not judging you - just telling you how maybe people will perceive you.  You might find the CG you're looking for if you take some of this advice from someone well over twice your age.

I see what your saying and im am more than willing to help a cg with anything in return i can do everything you stated im a handyman and mechanic and love learning all i can and i would be more than willing to spend hours of my time helping tend to whatever and im just getting confused cause one of you say you cant sell overages one say you can so i clearly just said do whatever with them throw them away if they had to was trying to make it where they wouldnt get in trouble for having to much

Cannabis can only be sold legally to up to five patients connected to the caregiver by the state registry. Any sales outside of this relationship is against the law.

No patient to patient sales, no caregiver to caregiver sales, no caregiver to a patient not registered to them and no sales to dispensaries.

The courts have said that the dispensaries are public nuisances and can be closed. It is at the sole discretion of the individual community whether or not they enforce it. They let them operate in Detroit but not across the street in Oakland county. It's a crap shoot.

Patients can buy anywhere from anyone and are protected.

I see what your saying and im am more than willing to help a cg with anything in return i can do everything you stated im a handyman and mechanic and love learning all i can and i would be more than willing to spend hours of my time helping tend to whatever and im just getting confused cause one of you say you cant sell overages one say you can so i clearly just said do whatever with them throw them away if they had to was trying to make it where they wouldnt get in trouble for having to much

Looks like we are making progress. That's what this site is all about.

Now you sound like your grossly uninformed in how much time and money goes into growing medical cannabis calling someone a "drug dealer" because they lay out the true financial facts for you makes you look like you would be a difficult person to work with.

I pay upwards of $500 a month for electric alone not counting genetics dirt nutrients and since I don't go outside of my garden to make up the difference I should be called a drug dealer because I cant come out of my pocket to pay your way?

good comprehension, you'll fit right in here!

when you find a cg to help, please stick around, we love the patients' point of view here.

Your best advice comes from the gov site with the rules http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869---,00.html

some other behavior outside of those rules may have protections offered by the Act, but to some of us its just not worth the extra risks of operating outside of the safest place we can be. As far as overages, although sometimes embarrassing, are not an issue for anyone really. Real quick a keen grower, after he grows his first trees indoors, will tame the beast, trim the fat, and reduce power consumption to just whats needed to make exactly what he is compensated to grow. Any more is a total waste. I look at it as a snickering failure in my garden, but I just make a pile of fluffy hash, or a big pot of Bhang, sometimes with a whole fresh plant if needed. We're a creative bunch, and none of us wants legal problems. Keep in mind we've all but given up many friends and associates, limited our home visits, left vacations behind, and are at a constant beckoning call to our garden. Not one moment of any day passes without the thought of that space for some of us. Its not the money strangely. It really has to be experienced to understand. The craft of growing any plants is magical itself, Put that craft indoors, and make it the medicine you knew you always sought your entire life, and things become entangled. There is a special relationship between humans and cannabis. Some believe the plant has used us, instead of the other way around, to spread itself around the world in many ways for all of time. Like the apple.

I urge you to begin your personal garden as soon as you can. Your children will understand if they need to know. Your wife will see a better person, and your life will have added value. Then, when you're good, share the expertise with someone else and feel what that connection does to your insides. trust me, as soon as you can.

peace