Net Oakland County Raids

alright, some things to remember when in court:

file a motion to have the case sealed due to confidentiality

file a motion to dismiss under sec4 as soon as possible

file a motion to dismiss under sec8 as soon as possible, must be pre-trial.

if the judge says dont file a section 8 motion because he will deny it, file it anyway. its the only way to appeal.

I'd ask for sanctions too. It's violation of attorney rules for them to argue stuff that is clearly not grounded in law. I say the courts made it clear that homegrown are allowed...even in the devil's territory. Nothing will come of it, but if we all request sanctions then maybe the prosecutors pause a little?

Edited by suneday11

Great i am glad i hope others do also to many grow too many plants

not only a good idea to stay legal, but also to know police do not have magic xray glasses that allow them to mysteriously know how many plants you have, or how many you are permitted to have. what they do have though, is an ever growing network of the types of people that are allowed to visit the gardens, of the types of people who are over their plant counts. Those visitors, often referred to as "buddies" may be the very ones informing the police perhaps.

sounds like the only things you could have done to prevent the raid might have been, move, employ more stink socks, and make sure there are no pending police issues before you grow. these are good lessons for new growers. Unfortunate for you, big time, and hopefully helps someone else avoid the intrusion.