Sanilac Countys Outrageous Tactics

Grassmatch, i have not had police interaction yet but i have spkoen to multiple people that have. If you havent be prepared they specifically stated they will be using the grant money from lara to complete compliance checks on caregivers and patients.

Their is no such thing as a compliance check in the MMMA.

Greg S, im going to PM you with a couple questions?

It doesnt state wheter it was mmj siezed or illegal marijuana.

I hope more residents from Sanilac County will come to the upcoming town hall meeting, Thursday June 25th at flynn township hall, brown city, mi

You dont have to say anything just come listen to the way they talk about us mmj patients its horrible..

So tell them to find another job. Law enforcement is becoming a pain in the azz occupation. The heat is on and they are under close scrutiny. They can do a little math and know that ending prohibition will diminish much of the need for them. They lose their jobs, we smile.

Edited by GregS

Were you at the meeting in deckerville town hall meeting. Their holding meetings on drug and crime speciffically right now. Anytime they mention marijuana they say medical in front of it and bash caregivers and patients saying their responsible for children accessing marijuana. They continue to to tell the public they do compliance checks and give the people tips if their in violation.

I was not in Deckerville.

I wonder if, when a cop gets a phone call tip, and is told to check it out, if he then identifies those checks as compliance checks?

My understanding is they will come and knock if they get a call. They say thy need to make sure you are legal at that point.

Not sure how I feel exactly, but that's better than a no knock @ 2am, which they also could do with a warrant based on a tip right?

let growers know to use precautions to avoid detection. I've spent a fortune attempting that. Even the most innocent puff on the porch could attract the attention of a neighbor playing with her kids outside maybe, and Bam! It aint right, I don't like it, all investigations are supposed to stop at the validation of a legitimate state issued card, and it rarely does I hear.

Caregivers are the last group I would suspect of providing children with edibles. My first thought would be the unregulated dispensaries allowed to flourish. They sell to anyone with(or without?) a card, without validating the card with the state. I know what time of day that is for a teenager with todays computers and printers.

In the beginning I was hoping for the day I could alert the police to my activities and feel good about it, for my own protections....yeah, right..

I think 2 cg's can grow on the same property, but they don't like that.

smells of a co op, or such to them maybe?  unless you are an unregulated dispensary in Sanilac county of course, I'd keep it to one grower per address.

I also believe they can 2am your naked butt for the smell of cannabis, along with their other probable causes they invented.

its like breaking into a home because someone heard an Rx bottle shaking, or a gun firing in the back yard.....gotta bust in to see if there is

a legitimate prescription, or gun permit....  build a big stink sock, and garden within!

I found it most concerning that Sanilac County DTF had entered my property illegally. They came without a warrant, without probable cause to believe a crime had been committed, and where not responding to an emergency so simply stepping foot on my property was illegally trespassing. The only people that have any idea I am growing a VERY close family members (Mother, Grandparents, and my Uncle) and the couple of patients we have... none of which have any reason to call and make an "anonymous tip" about me growing so I am very skeptical of DTF's claims. I don't sell to anyone who is not my patient, ever. We live in a rural area, our only neighbors for almost a mile are fields and woods and we have thick trees around our entire property that completely block visibility from the road. We leave nothing growing related in plain view.All growing is done in a completely sealed building (separate from our house) and we use carbon filters to keep smell non-existent. We burn all plant material and growing related items and don't have trash pickup.  I have a 3'x3' "No Trespassing" sign clearly posted and visible from the road. Thier very presence on my property was in violation of MCL § 750.552. Pay special attention to the wording of the parts that I put in bold & underline and note the fact that they never requested my permission to be on my property. 

THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 328 of 1931

750.552 Trespass upon lands or premises of another; exception; violation; penalty; "process server" defined.

Sec. 552.

(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2), a person shall not do any of the following:

(a) Enter the lands or premises of another without lawful authority after having been forbidden to do so by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.

(b) Remain without lawful authority on the land or premises of another after being notified to depart by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.

© Enter or remain without lawful authority on fenced or posted farm property of another person without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent. A request to leave the premises is not a necessary element for a violation of this subdivision. This subdivision does not apply to a person who is in the process of attempting, by the most direct route, to contact the owner or his or her lessee or agent to request consent.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a process server who is on the land or premises of another while in the process of attempting, by the most direct route, to serve process upon any of the following:

(a) An owner or occupant of the land or premises.

(b) An agent of the owner or occupant of the land or premises.

© A lessee of the land or premises.

(3) A person who violates subsection (1) is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than 30 days or by a fine of not more than $250.00, or both.

(4) As used in this section, "process server" means a person authorized under the revised judicature act of 1961, 1961 PA 236, MCL 600.101 to 600.9947, or supreme court rule to serve process.

History: Add. 1951, Act 102, Imd. Eff. May 31, 1951 ;-- Am. 2007, Act 167, Eff. Mar. 20, 2008 ;-- Am. 2013, Act 230, Imd. Eff. Dec. 26, 2013

Source: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(mxogxlbuv2buumdux0h5zxvt))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-750-552

Edited by MI Compassion

did you talk to your patients yet? any of them talk to police?

did you ever go into a dispensary where they copied your mmmp card w/ your addy? did your patients go to a dispensary?

what dr certified you, or your patients? did the DTF raid any of those drs?

do you have an outdoor mmj garden visible from plane/copter/drone?

if you want to track down how the dtf found you, please feel free to pm me and i'll try to think up other scenarios where they could have got your info from.

I am starting to believe they got a lot of peoples information when that big daddys hydro store was raided last year. If your patients used the store they got copys of their cards on records. Law enforcement confiscated all that information and now im wondering if its being used against us.

That information was protected under HIPPA, so just like when anyother doctors office gets raided they return all patient information on file.

Readthe sanilac county news this week they mention how children are stealing legally grownmedical marijuana from parents and selling it in school.

Where is the proof of this?

They also reported they had the first physical evidence of a new way of extracting thc. This extract is toxic and leads to hallucinations and suicide.

They said all of these things at the meeting in deckerville last week. Their is another meeting tomorrow night at the flynn township hall. Hopefully, more of you will come and sit in and listen to what the DARE officers, sherriffs office, and the sanilac county dtf have to say. Its a repeat of the same meeting last week just a different town.

once a supposed tip comes in, that tip is used to visit, then they smell, then they get in if they want with a warrant. happened a few times like that I've heard. Could the tip have been avoided? who knows if it even real? could the smell at the door have been avoided? who knows if there even was one to begin with. compliant? depends on the particular cop aiming a laser guided rifle at your head, counting your plants, etc.

do your best to avoid detection, I cant think of any better advice than to attempt to stay out of the radar of LEO>

did you talk to your patients yet? any of them talk to police?

did you ever go into a dispensary where they copied your mmmp card w/ your addy? did your patients go to a dispensary?

what dr certified you, or your patients? did the DTF raid any of those drs?

do you have an outdoor mmj garden visible from plane/copter/drone?

if you want to track down how the dtf found you, please feel free to pm me and i'll try to think up other scenarios where they could have got your info from.

Yes I talked to our patients, they had no police contact. All our patients are very happy with us. Never any issues there. 

I never went to any dispensaries, nor have any of my patients to my knowledge. 

Me and my patients all got our recommendations from our personal family physicians, no raids as far as I know.

I've never given my name or address to any hydro stores, and I purchase a lot of my supplies from ebay/amazon which get delivered in plain boxes...

There is NOTHING visible outdoors that would indicate I am growing anything in the building. It's just a small 3000w indoor grow... couple of lights 10-20 plants max (this is including clones, and I am legal for a lot more than this)... very sealed and securely locked down with padlock + dead bolt + motion sensors + alarm + video cameras + carbon filtration to kill any smell. I even went as far as hiding intake and exhausts under the building to avoid FLIR detection from overhead helicopters and to eliminate any hot air being vented outside that they could detect.  Building is well insulated both on the walls and ceiling. 100% sealed environment with co2 generator. 

I am at a loss and it makes me sick that our government is using my tax money to fund armed men unlawfully entering my property and treating me like a criminal when I'm the one following the law... simply for growing a medicinal herb that has never caused a single overdose death and which has scientifically been proven to help treat many conditions while being far less addictive and far less intoxicating than many potentially fatal liver toxic pharmaceutical drugs.

Edited by MI Compassion

you talk to your parents/uncle then? maybe one of them let it slip one day to a "born again christian" who did the "moral thing" and called the popo on you?

99 times out of 100 , its someone you know that called the police.

1 out of 100 , its some guy that was hunting and sniffed out some plants on your property.

and of course there is a 1 in 1mil chance that someone sniffed your phone or got your records illegally.

you might also try calling lara and asking them about the education and enforcement grant and see what kind of information they give to the local pd.

its also a possibility that they just came up on you bluffing that they knew you were a caregiver. like the police officer that says "let me see your mmmp cards" at a traffic stop. he has no way of knowing if you do or do not have a card, but he can say that and if you pull a card out .... boom.

did you ever advertise your caregiving services anywhere? with a phone or email or nickname on any website ?

also, you said your family does not know you grow?

then i'm assuming you have an offsite grow? who owns that building? are you renting it? landlord?

eventually i'm going to play the 20 questions and win here. :P

you talk to your parents/uncle then? maybe one of them let it slip one day to a "born again christian" who did the "moral thing" and called the popo on you? 

99 times out of 100 , its someone you know that called the police.

1 out of 100 , its some guy that was hunting and sniffed out some plants on your property.

and of course there is a 1 in 1mil chance that someone sniffed your phone or got your records illegally.

you might also try calling lara and asking them about the education and enforcement grant and see what kind of information they give to the local pd.

its also a possibility that they just came up on you bluffing that they knew you were a caregiver. like the police officer that says "let me see your mmmp cards" at a traffic stop. he has no way of knowing if you do or do not have a card, but he can say that and if you pull a card out .... boom.

did you ever advertise your caregiving services anywhere? with a phone or email or nickname on any website ?

also, you said your family does not know you grow?

then i'm assuming you have an offsite grow? who owns that building? are you renting it? landlord?

eventually i'm going to play the 20 questions and win here. :P

The only family members that know I grow are pro-marijuana themselves and very supportive of me growing. None of them have any motivation to call on me, whatsoever.. I talked to them, and they where as upset as I am about the situation. The couple of very close family members that know also know the importance of not telling other people about it.

I use a separate phone # I give my patients that is from an online SIP provider and is registered to a made up name using a prepaid card, no way it can be tracked to me.

I also have a separate email account that was registered to someone that doesn't exist for all MMMA related activities online, and this false name is what I use for ordering my hydroponic supplies. 

I own the building, but like I said I took great effort to make it well insulated, sound proof, 100% sealed, with no outwardly visible vents. It just looks like an old storage building. We have a 10 acre property and the building is a long ways from the house and driveway so no one is ever really near it. 

And I don't grow outside and like I said my grow is carbon filtered and 100% sealed so no smell escapes the building.

At this point though the way they found out is pretty irrelevant, what is relevant is the fact that they showed up at my home illegally, acted like I was the criminal, made thinly veiled threats about raiding my home and me having kids here, demanded that I give up my Constitutional rights against unreasonable searches, and threateningly telling me they will be back when I refuse their scare tactics.... even though they had zero probable cause or articulable evidence that I committed ANY crime.

EVEN IF THEY HAD EVIDENCE I WAS GROWING MARIJUANA DOING SO IS NOT A CRIME AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED AS SUCH UNLESS SOMEONE IS FOUND TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW. 

Edited by MI Compassion

wow. well, its of importance to the rest of us how they found you out, especially as how careful you were. sorry to assume, its just most people arent able to hide marijuana from their family like that.

kudos to you sir , you are way more prepared and safe than anyone i've seen here on the forums.

as for your second point, yeah well its the cops, they do as they please.

"diplomatic immunity!"

i'd link to the clip from lethal weapon, but its pretty violent.