Sanilac Countys Outrageous Tactics

wow. well, its of importance to the rest of us how they found you out, especially as how careful you were. sorry to assume, its just most people arent able to hide marijuana from their family like that.

kudos to you sir , you are way more prepared and safe than anyone i've seen here on the forums.

That's what has us so confused as well... We don't advertise that we grow, don't have parties at our home, we have very few visitors, no neighbors to tinkle off, we live miles down a dirt road and my property is surrounded on all sides with thick pines. Hell, even our children who live here have no idea I grow anything in the building that I am using. Our patients all have legitimate medical conditions (cancer, brain tumors, glaucoma, chronic pain from numerous back surgeries, etc) and all got their recommendations from their family doctors, not one of those doctors that gives everyone that walks into their office and pays a fee cards...

I took every possible precaution and spent a ton of time, money, and effort in covering all my bases. To say the last thing I ever expected (especially since I am well within my limits and followed the law to the letter) was police officers at my door telling me they where concerned that I was in violation of the law would be a huge understatement.

Edited by MI Compassion

I use a separate phone # I give my patients that is from an online SIP provider and is registered to a made up name using a prepaid card, no way it can be tracked to me.

I also have a separate email account that was registered to someone that doesn't exist for all MMMA related activities online, and this false name is what I use for ordering my hydroponic supplies. 

I own the building, but like I said I took great effort to make it well insulated, sound proof, 100% sealed, with no outwardly visible vents. It just looks like an old storage building. We have a 10 acre property and the building is a long ways from the house and driveway so no one is ever really near it. 

And I don't grow outside and like I said my grow is carbon filtered and 100% sealed so no smell escapes the building.

my guru from years ago...is that you GrCr? :blow-a-heart:

you talk to your parents/uncle then? maybe one of them let it slip one day to a "born again christian" who did the "moral thing" and called the popo on you

did you ever advertise your caregiving services anywhere? with a phone or email or nickname on any website ?

then i'm assuming you have an offsite grow? who owns that building? are you renting it? landlord?

eventually i'm going to play the 20 questions and win here. :P

prying? yep, the only way to understand right?

you know that this is not my guru, but a shout out to someone doing it right, just like my guru did.

This guy sounds like a stand up grower, and I'm sorry this happened to him. He may never know why, even with answered questions it seems.

I think 2 cg's can grow on the same property, but they don't like that.

smells of a co op, or such to them maybe?  unless you are an unregulated dispensary in Sanilac county of course, I'd keep it to one grower per address.

I also believe they can 2am your naked butt for the smell of cannabis, along with their other probable causes they invented.

its like breaking into a home because someone heard an Rx bottle shaking, or a gun firing in the back yard.....gotta bust in to see if there is

a legitimate prescription, or gun permit....  build a big stink sock, and garden within!

I cannot agree with any of that gm. A duly issued card provides a presumption that the holder is permitted the accommodations of the law, which in no way permits inspections or reporting to government. When a card or its equivalent, i.e., copies of applications that have lapsed in excess of 21 days, are presented to police officers a search cannot continue without a duly sworn warrant. That they play head games and use violence is old news. One solution is to work with the press and the local government to ensure they know and understand that and that the people in the community understand.

That said, I am seriously debilitated with pain and unable to walk. I would very much like to be there tonight to testify or observe things in Brown City. That would take help to push my wheelchair and do the driving.

You just have to be smarter than a meathead in a uniform.

Edited by GregS

you think 2 cg's are not allowed on the same property? or that cops don't pay closer attention to family plots?

you think a card stops a raid like its supposed to? I read this too, and believed it for a year or so, till I read posts here.

you don't think raids have happened due to smells escaping a garden?

im confused, nothing new of course, and I expect a full understanding soon. :)

you think 2 cg's are not allowed on the same property? or that cops don't pay closer attention to family plots?

you think a card stops a raid like its supposed to? I read this too, and believed it for a year or so, till I read posts here.

you don't think raids have happened due to smells escaping a garden?

im confused, nothing new of course, and I expect a full understanding soon. :)

So we push back. We know what the law says and sometimes have to

feed it to them, like hot schit by the shovelful.

I totally agree. But often patients and their caregivers are without enough money to pay a lawyer. Those private attorney costs stop many from actually getting the defense they deserve. Plea bargains have taken the place of proper defenses imo. Plea bargains are encouraged this way. Police, courts, judges, and attorneys count these as a win, while they all continue pursuing even more wins in similar fashion. no regard to stopping an investigation when a card is shown. :money:

I totally agree. But often patients and their caregivers are without enough money to pay a lawyer. Those private attorney costs stop many from actually getting the defense they deserve. Plea bargains have taken the place of proper defenses imo. Plea bargains are encouraged this way. Police, courts, judges, and attorneys count these as a win, while they all continue pursuing even more wins in similar fashion. no regard to stopping an investigation when a card is shown. :money:

That's old news. It is also old news that there are those who had the resources and stood tall and proud to see to it that rogue court and police departments had their azzes handed to them.

I've seen a few of these cases, but have you missed the others?

now families at risk in growers homes, roofs are mandatory, unlocked doors are tragic, improper transportation tickets flying off the pad,

compliance checks and the rest doesn't show a positive change just yet imo.  When courts are producing more winner registrant defendants than victims we'll see some good changes.

I've seen a few of these cases, but have you missed the others?

now families at risk in growers homes, roofs are mandatory, unlocked doors are tragic, improper transportation tickets flying off the pad,

compliance checks and the rest doesn't show a positive change just yet imo.  When courts are producing more winner registrant defendants than victims we'll see some good changes.

Which is all the more reason that we get loud and stay loud.

Oh. And smart.

I think im starting to make small success withthem. At last nights meeting they avoided the topic of medical marijuana. When marijuana was brought up it was not blamed on the medical community. The sherriff also spoke with me after the meeting and agreed we were wasting taxpayers dollars and they were willing to possibly work with some local cgs and patients to find a solution.

I think im starting to make small success withthem. At last nights meeting they avoided the topic of medical marijuana. When marijuana was brought up it was not blamed on the medical community. The sherriff also spoke with me after the meeting and agreed we were wasting taxpayers dollars and they were willing to possibly work with some local cgs and patients to find a solution.

The only real solution is to stop doing anything that contradicts the MMMA. Period. That was our message to Saginaw, and the Supreme Court's message to the City of Wyoming and every other municipality that toyed with the notion of enforcement contrary to it in Ter Beek v City of Wyoming. It worked in both circumstances and should work in yours. You can get a little lawyerly and tell them that possession of a card provides a presumption that the holder is engaged in medical use in conformance with the law, and puts a stop to any further police intrusion without a duly sworn warrant but on probable cause. You know. That pesky Fourth Amendment thingy. It sounds like they might be ready for that. The City Attorney is key in these matters too. You might want to send him/her a nice letter.

Edited by GregS

Good work. Keep it up. You might consider contacting your council person to speak with him/her directly. Some kind of correspondence between you and the head of the council is also appropriate. In some cities it it the Mayor. In other cities and townships they are sometimes elected by the council at large.

And again, the press can and should play a significant part in this. Small town media outlets eagerly seek interesting stories. I don't recollect what local tv news channels you have, but you can start locally with these:

http://sanilaccountynews.mihomepaper.com/common/Misc/Contact_Us.html

http://www.sanilacbroadcasting.com/

Here is a little history:

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2009/12/protesters_speak_against_sagin.html

http://abc11.com/archive/7210678/

This is a copy of the press release I put out to a number of media outlets. It resulted in a local tv station knocking on the doors of club officers for interviews and cameras in the council chambers:

http://www.cnycentral.com/community/press_release.aspx?id=392076

Edited by GregS