Caregiver And Guns

Haz-Matt

Why would i worry about getting raided by LEO, if i am legal, and keep my mouth shut, stay in compliace. I want a firearm by my chair for the rippers or home invaders at my door, thats more likely the case, i said my piece on this, i don't believe in beating a dead horse. Live and let Live i say. just don't step on my toes.

have no doubt I'm hearing you loud and clear, and agree with your ideals mostly. Its not a dead horse until its settled, and it has not been settled. Shoot a person dead in your home while growing cannabis is a different scenario than shooting one dead while not growing cannabis. This is my point, gun ownership of cannabis manufacturers should be carefully considered, especially with children in the home. I do believe an mj card does not preclude us from gun ownership for the record.

seems the least worried among us are the ones getting raided for their supposed compliancy, making the consideration very real.

even when no arrests or charges result, and compliancy was not even an issue, only stealing and breaking property.

peace

cops are very fast acting in these raids. this taught me lessons in security. when I was younger and raided I actually did have time to arm myself and had no thought that the intruders were cops. Had I not set my shotgun down to awaken a family member in another room, instead of being struck on the head with great force from behind I believe I would have been shot.

I'll guess of all the medical marijuana raids several were gun owners. I cant think of a person who was not armed in my life so it seems like a viable stat, to me at least.

I also bet none were fast enough to arm themselves against intruders in the middle of the night. If they were I think we might here of more gunshot victims in raids of marijuana raids, and the results of those would be newsworthy here for sure. I imagine a cops zeal during a raid when a firearm is actually used against them. They train for this, and the ones I met were very aggressive with those military weapons, against  naked sleeping  and unarmed adults, and a toddler. no cash, no inventory, no scales, packaging, plants, but a shoe box with a half ounce of schwag n seeds. I've lost more than that on a road side "dump it out, yes sir officer" before that day. That day crushed me for a few years, my job, probation, cessation, remodeling a rental, landlord/family chagrin, as well as legal fees, court costs and probation/fine costs.

They knew I had the gun in hand moments before and laughed, but I didn't hear what they said, I imagined though.  they stacked my collection of long guns against the kicked in door  when they left.

As a kid my family was victimized by armed men,  and thrashed for about 30 minutes while our home was torn apart. Even though armed to the gills, each end of the couch, every inside door, and more, with pistols to each of our heads we were frozen until the police came. The armed men put masks on after they entered the home, the cops wore them before they entered, for thought.

Today and since my raid, believe it or not,  I will assume an invasion is police. They are recorded now and I'll take my lickin's. they frightened me 100 times more than the thugs who attempted to rob us. My family felt like we would be killed at any minute, and the thrashing was near the same as the thugs. Cops held my 4yr old at gun point while they shoved him through the home asking him about drug related paraphernalia and left bruises and lacerations on each of us.  They pointed and laughed at all of us in court.

Dad didn't even press charges against the robbers when I was a kid, not to say justice wasn't served.

Edited by grassmatch

have no doubt I'm hearing you loud and clear, and agree with your ideals mostly. Its not a dead horse until its settled, and it has not been settled. Shoot a person dead in your home while growing cannabis is a different scenario than shooting one dead while not growing cannabis. This is my point, gun ownership of cannabis manufacturers should be carefully considered, especially with children in the home. I do believe an mj card does not preclude us from gun ownership for the record.

seems the least worried among us are the ones getting raided for their supposed compliancy, making the consideration very real.

even when no arrests or charges result, and compliancy was not even an issue, only stealing and breaking property.

peace

GM, Wow Man get with the times. it has been settled by our forefathers, and of late. Its our Constitutional Right, Gheez. you keep beaten the dead horse, i refuse too. Back underground for me, I hide more now being legal, then i ever did, before i was legal.   

GM, Wow Man get with the times. it has been settled by our forefathers, and of late. Its our Constitutional Right, Gheez. you keep beaten the dead horse, i refuse too. Back underground for me, I hide more now being legal, then i ever did, before i was legal.   

if i am correct? i thought a grower shot and killed a ripper around Lansing? And did,nt get charged awhile back. Any body sure on this, chime in.

I didn't know a person could legally shoot someone for attempting to steal their cannabis plants, that's news to me and good to know, I guess.  I tell people if they are deciding to make the choice of arming themselves, once they begin farming cannabis, to consider the decision. For instance, if I felt like I feared for my life, or that people were now targeting me because of my medicine, I would not be growing. If I felt I had to carry a gun to go to a particular neighborhood, I'd avoid the place first etc. but that's just me maybe.

I'm not challenging your rights Pain, or trying to convince you of anything. Forefathers have nothing to do with shooting a marijuana ripper today. That may be a right of possessing a firearm and bearing it, but says nothing of doing so while in violation of federal laws. You are certainly free to believe and act as you wish of course. Have no worries, my opinion here is not able to change policy or threaten any of your behavior. just an opinion man, not beating a dead horse. YOu hide more now, sit with a gun waiting for rippers, You say you are compliant, yet more afraid now, and going underground. I get it really. But do you see now that growing cannabis while sitting next to a gun may need further consideration?

I am not anti gun btw, or anti cannabis. Did you sit in your chair with your gun waiting for rippers and home invaders before you grew cannabis? just curious.

you do not think this statement is true? " gun ownership of cannabis manufacturers should be carefully considered, especially with children in the home. I do believe an mj card does not preclude us from gun ownership for the record." whats here "behind the times"?

a lawyer told me of the different degrees of possession. I would not want my wife holding the bag with a firearm, seemingly guarding the cannabis manufacturing/distribution process, when a cop pokes a few stems in the dirt and counts them as plants, or finds the key on her key ring magically,

or aiming a gun, in the dark, at a masked armed man climbing through the window hiding his badge. think real hard. but know that there is at least one poster here

who's gun and ammo and cannabis plants were returned after a raid. I suspect it cost him more than the value of the property to set the course.

Motion detection, dog, alarms, stink socks, more stink socks, common sense, tight lips, all go a long way to staying safe with a cannabis garden.

If you lie to buy a gun, you're in trouble when they find it. If you're not home its your wife in possession of the (open) garden and firearm, not you.

and by the way, who is "concealed carrying" in your scenario, and why? If you are pulled over with a firearm and cannabis, you'll go directly to jail I think.

please stay safe as you can, and try not to worry. If nobody knows, then nobody knows.

good luck, and know that many of us have worked through the same scenario.

dont conceal it. open carry your pistol, it is not ilegal to open carry a weapon, it is ilegal to carry a concealed weapon w/o a permit!

Phaq leo if one of them phaqs crash my door down dressed in black like a bunch of thugs im shooting their arss, you cant fire your weapon with a lock on it!

Lock your room at all times, what is so hard about that?

Peace

I didn't know a person could legally shoot someone for attempting to steal their cannabis plants, that's news to me and good to know, I guess.  I tell people if they are deciding to make the choice of arming themselves, once they begin farming cannabis, to consider the decision. For instance, if I felt like I feared for my life, or that people were now targeting me because of my medicine, I would not be growing. If I felt I had to carry a gun to go to a particular neighborhood, I'd avoid the place first etc. but that's just me maybe.

I'm not challenging your rights Pain, or trying to convince you of anything. Forefathers have nothing to do with shooting a marijuana ripper today. That may be a right of possessing a firearm and bearing it, but says nothing of doing so while in violation of federal laws. You are certainly free to believe and act as you wish of course. Have no worries, my opinion here is not able to change policy or threaten any of your behavior. just an opinion man, not beating a dead horse. YOu hide more now, sit with a gun waiting for rippers, You say you are compliant, yet more afraid now, and going underground. I get it really. But do you see now that growing cannabis while sitting next to a gun may need further consideration?

I am not anti gun btw, or anti cannabis. Did you sit in your chair with your gun waiting for rippers and home invaders before you grew cannabis? just curious.

you do not think this statement is true? " gun ownership of cannabis manufacturers should be carefully considered, especially with children in the home. I do believe an mj card does not preclude us from gun ownership for the record." whats here "behind the times"?

How the H..l do i know what somebodies breaking in my house for, thier dead meat, they might be coming in to rape my wife and 4 yr old girl. My Castle it ain't gonna happen. 

Nope, don't sit waiting for them, i am just ready to defend my self. I have a right "To Stand my Ground".

If you bring your kids up right, and learn em to respect firearms, then you should'nt  have a problem with firearms in the home. Duh

In my experience, due to the speed that events take place once someone is in your home, unless the firearm is loaded and within arms reach you're not going to have time to use it anyway.

The cartridge makes a big difference when shooting in a residential situation. A 7.62x39 round will go right thru the intended target and may very well hit someone behind them. (I lost an old friend this very way)

Stick with a shotgun or a pistol loaded with wadcutters for home protection. I was once told by a LEO in Detroit to keep a .410 loaded with birdshot. Not lethal but very unpleasant when it hits you.

My personal preference is a 12 gauge loaded with one #6 bird shell then loaded up the rest of the way with #1 buckshot. If the birdshot doesn't change their minds they don't get a second chance.

Wadcutters are particularly nasty at close range, a low velocity round that inflicts a civil war type injury, similar to a musket ball.

If you so much as hold something in your hand that might be mistaken for a firearm during a raid you will likely be shot and killed.

Edited by Wild Bill

In my experience, due to the speed that events take place once someone is in your home, unless the firearm is loaded and within arms reach you're not going to have time to use it anyway.

The cartridge makes a big difference when shooting in a residential situation. A 7.62x39 round will go right thru the intended target and may very well hit someone behind them. (I lost an old friend this very way)

Stick with a shotgun or a pistol loaded with wadcutters for home protection. I was once told by a LEO in Detroit to keep a .410 loaded with birdshot. Not lethal but very unpleasant when it hits you.

My personal preference is a 12 gauge loaded with one #6 bird shell then loaded up the rest of the way with #1 buckshot. If the birdshot doesn't change their minds they don't get a second chance.

Wadcutters are particularly nasty at close range, a low velocity round that inflicts a civil war type injury, similar to a musket ball.

If you so much as hold something in your hand that might be mistaken for a firearm during a raid you will likely be shot and killed.

Yup looking down the barrel of a double barrel shot

Ya Looking down the barrel of a double barrel shotgun, will strilke fear into the bad guy. old school assault firearm

I don't know that you are characterizing this situation the right way, though I do believe the advice you are giving is sound, grassmatch. I am quite sure there is no patient or caregiver sitting in a chair with a gun waiting for rippers,

I know right, I thought so too, until I read the post from Pain that said;

"I want a firearm by my chair for the rippers or home invaders at my door"

this was telling for me, no judgment, but telling.  I'm guessing Pain cannot be the only grower  who wants a gun at their chair for rippers ?

Why do you assume i have a grow?

boy, chatty one aren't you...talking to yourself too...

I felt you had a grow when you said this;

"Why would i worry about getting raided by LEO, if i am legal, and keep my mouth shut, stay in compliace. I want a firearm by my chair for the rippers"

never heard anyone use those words in a sentence, in a cannabis forum,  without being a cannabis grower, fair enough?

dont conceal it. open carry your pistol, it is not ilegal to open carry a weapon, it is ilegal to carry a concealed weapon w/o a permit!

Phaq leo if one of them phaqs crash my door down dressed in black like a bunch of thugs im shooting their arss, you cant fire your weapon with a lock on it!

Lock your room at all times, what is so hard about that?

Peace

specifically though, open carry while transporting your meds will not fly I bet. do you think it would ?

I hope you are never raided, or get killed, because that is exactly how leo comes through your door. you will shoot, and they will kill you, then justify it with some phony cannabis confusion. don't shoot cops.

Edited by grassmatch

I know right, I thought so too, until I read the post from Pain that said;

"I want a firearm by my chair for the rippers or home invaders at my door"

this was telling for me, no judgment, but telling. I'm guessing Pain cannot be the only grower who wants a gun at their chair for rippers ?

iv been around guns as a kid... shot em and what not. have to say i respect them, but not afraid. that said, never been a gun owner until very recently... guess i never felt a pressing need.

fast forward to several weeks ago... guy pounds on my door around 2am... does it three times and rings the bell. im standing at the front window looking at him, and on his fourth pounding of the door i scream a 'greeting' at him through the door. he pauses, then asks for some guy, i respond that no one by that name lives here now (nor was it the previous occupant btw). he promptly turns and walks down the reaidential street. a car parked across the street turns on its lights, cone out the lot and up my street. it stops in front of the guy (about 40 yards down the street now) and he walks across the street to get in the car. they drive off.

just a few days later, really close to my place, several houses had their door kicked in and robberies ensued. this isn't my grow but personal residence. so now i own a shotgun and sit here waiting for someone to kick in my door. if im in the living room, ao is the gun. if im in the bedroom, so is the gun. if i take a shower, the gun is by the toilet.

just to say

boy, chatty one aren't you...talking to yourself too...

I felt you had a grow when you said this;

"Why would i worry about getting raided by LEO, if i am legal, and keep my mouth shut, stay in compliace. I want a firearm by my chair for the rippers"

never heard anyone use those words in a sentence, in a cannabis forum,  without being a cannabis grower, fair enough?

He is probably or she on a phone or slow pc, I tend to push buttons impatiently bawahahahahaha!

Chatty one and talking to them selves,,,uummmmmm the kettle and pot smiley comes to mind rotglmfao!

Peace

specifically though, open carry while transporting your meds will not fly I bet. do you think it would ?

I hope you are never raided, or get killed, because that is exactly how leo comes through your door. you will shoot, and they will kill you, then justify it with some phony cannabis confusion. don't shoot cops.

No I dont think it would fly here, in alaska it would, if leo pulls you over the first thing you tell them is you have a weapon and where, and keep your hands on the steering wheel where they can see them, dont try to show them your gun lol, unless you want to get shot, and No I prob wouldnt open carry on a transport, but I dont think it would matter if  I had mm or not in that situation!

Either way I would not carry a weapon unless it was loaded, I dont have unloaded weapons in my home, I dont have locks on my guns, I realy dont get that, how are you going to stand your ground, ask leo or the ripper to wait a sec I have to unlock the lock or load my gun? lmao!

Peace

No I dont think it would fly here, in alaska it would, if leo pulls you over the first thing you tell them is you have a weapon and where, and keep your hands on the steering wheel where they can see them, dont try to show them your gun lol, unless you want to get shot, and No I prob wouldnt open carry on a transport, but I dont think it would matter if  I had mm or not in that situation!

Either way I would not carry a weapon unless it was loaded, I dont have unloaded weapons in my home, I dont have locks on my guns, I realy dont get that, how are you going to stand your ground, ask leo or the ripper to wait a sec I have to unlock the lock or load my gun? lmao!

Peace

thats the idea phaq....I dont use them locks either and mine are loaded as well...

I was a long haul trucker for several yrs, And twice my firearm saved me from thugs. I refuse to be a victim. Let Freedom Ring.

Ya right, you got 6 thugs coming at you, And opps wait a minute felllas, i gotta load my gun. Ya right. if i would,nt have made it known i was armed, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd have killed me or cripple me for life. Some peeps don't realize how dangerous it is out there.

Ya right, you got 6 thugs coming at you, And opps wait a minute felllas, i gotta load my gun. Ya right. if i would,nt have made it known i was armed, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd have killed me or cripple me for life. Some peeps don't realize how dangerous it is out there.

oops that truck stop coffee makes you chatty