Caregiver And Guns

Haz-Matt

http://cannabisnowmagazine.com/current-events/legal/illinois-medical-marijuana-patients-told-to-give-up-guns

"•I have not within the past year (preceding the date of this application) used or been addicted to any controlled substance or narcotics in violation of state or federal law."=eligibility for firearms owner in Illinois https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FOID.aspx

interesting turn of events

I never saw any consideration given at a gun show for a "quick sale' or paperless one. maybe if you knew someone, or perhaps a private sale in the lot, which I have seen at gun shows. two gals walk in with old pistols and guys at the door swarm them with offers maybe=cash sale, paperless. those are not mac 10's though either, or uzi's even.

I never saw any consideration given at a gun show for a "quick sale' or paperless one. maybe if you knew someone, or perhaps a private sale in the lot, which I have seen at gun shows. two gals walk in with old pistols and guys at the door swarm them with offers maybe=cash sale, paperless. those are not mac 10's though either, or uzi's even.

There use to be more transactions before the show in the lot than at the show.  

My comments are based on behavior at ranges and clubs.   Alch and Pharma abound 

the repubs dont own the 2nd amendment

Edited by beourbud

Marijuana and Cannabis News

By Steve Elliott ~alapoet~ in LegislationNews

Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 10:20 am

•  

guns-and-weed-thumb-325x325.jpeg

The Weed Blog

Concealed handgun owners with Oregon medical marijuana authorizations will be allowed to keep their gun licenses after a U.S. Supreme Court decision not to hear a sheriff's legal challenge which claimed U.S. federal law trumps Oregon state law.

Putting the case behind her is a victory for the rights of medical marijuana patients throughout Oregon, according to Gold Hill resident Cynthia Willis, 54, reports Damian Mann of the Southern Oregon Mail Tribune.

The idea that possession of a MMJ card = evidence of MJ use is a stupid and inappropriate assumption made by executive agencies in Michigan. Over the years, I've gotten many Rx's for prescription drugs that I never filled. Authorization to use drugs is not per se evidence that the person is actually using the drug.

The gun laws themselves are illegal on a Federal level.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. - Second Amendment

Sorry, but SCOTUS disagrees with you. In DC vs Heller (2008), described here:

The Court stated that the right to keep and bear arms is subject to regulation, such as concealed weapons prohibitions, limits on the rights of felons and the mentally ill, laws forbidding the carrying of weapons in certain locations, laws imposing conditions on commercial sales, and prohibitions on the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. It stated that this was not an exhaustive list of the regulatory measures that would be presumptively permissible under the Second Amendment.

So, yeah, infringement.

Edited by zachw

you said you saw NO mention of marijuana in this link? https://www.atf.gov/.../61446/download

I saw marijuana in that link, and wondered if you missed it is all. all good my man.

Yep, I did see marijuana mentioned.

Perhaps you missed my point.

The claim was made by Norby (post #58) that the form had changed and now asks if you were an illegal user of mj. But the last revision date of the document is "April 2012 - Previous Editions Are Obsolete".

So the question is: DID something actually change (and rev date is wrong; VERY unlikely) or was this always the wording (contrary to years of claims that cardholders can't legally own guns).

If the wording did change, you would think that there would be plenty of google hits instead of nothing.

Edited by zachw

I will stop getting my card if it interferes in any way of having the right to bare arms!

I have spent thousands on attny's when I was younger so I didnt get convicted of a fellony!  One time my brother, me and a friend, got into a bar room fight in oakland county 28 yrs ago lol,,,,,we wound up getting arrested for 2 10 yr felony's,,,,,intent to do great bodily harm less than murder,,,,,I retained an attny jerome sabbota (oakland county) for 5 k, I got off on my arrignment, no witnesses pointd the fingerr at me as fighting, they all said I was playin pool!  I didnt pay 5k to say no I am the one that thru the first punch lol!

Ive done many stupid things that I should have been convicted of a felony,,,but I dont have one and I will be gettting my dads hand guns,,,I have no clue where we are going to give his rifles and shot guns too! most likely grand kids!

I would seriously choose a gun permit over my mm card!  It dont mean I wont do mm, but I cant get a 2 yr prison term for carrying an 1/8 of mm!

We need to be like texas, open carry!

Peace

I will stop getting my card if it interferes in any way of having the right to bare arms!

I have spent thousands on attny's when I was younger so I didnt get convicted of a fellony!  One time my brother, me and a friend, got into a bar room fight in oakland county 28 yrs ago lol,,,,,we wound up getting arrested for 2 10 yr felony's,,,,,intent to do great bodily harm less than murder,,,,,I retained an attny jerome sabbota (oakland county) for 5 k, I got off on my arrignment, no witnesses pointd the fingerr at me as fighting, they all said I was playin pool!  I didnt pay 5k to say no I am the one that thru the first punch lol!

Ive done many stupid things that I should have been convicted of a felony,,,but I dont have one and I will be gettting my dads hand guns,,,I have no clue where we are going to give his rifles and shot guns too! most likely grand kids!

I would seriously choose a gun permit over my mm card!  It dont mean I wont do mm, but I cant get a 2 yr prison term for carrying an 1/8 of mm!

We need to be like texas, open carry!

Peace

aint about bearing arms bro, its about buying them from a store, and lying on the federal form to obtain one. mj is illegal at the federal level. feds wanna know if you unlawfully, according to their fed laws, use cannabis. If the feds give you a can of cannabis then you are legal, maybe(can those few buy guns while admitting to use I wonder?). If the feds don't supply your herb, then it is unlawful use. look it up. above posts cover those laws. don't lie on a federal form.