Caregiver And Guns

Haz-Matt

1. I bleed for this country, i am afforded my 2nd amendment rights. Anti's spew all your garbage about illegally owning firearms. because of my choice of a legal med, that i am precribed, does not take away my 2nd amendment rights, as a citizen of the United States. 

i just filled the form out, for a new deer rifle. it asked are you addicted to ILLEGAL Drugs, what part of NO, don't you get. I have a prescription, a doc cert, so i am not ILLEGAL. I got the federal background ck done over the phone, and my new deer rifle came home with me....

aint about bearing arms bro, its about buying them from a store, and lying on the federal form to obtain one. mj is illegal at the federal level. feds wanna know if you unlawfully, according to their fed laws, use cannabis. If the feds give you a can of cannabis then you are legal, maybe(can those few buy guns while admitting to use I wonder?). If the feds don't supply your herb, then it is unlawful use. look it up. above posts cover those laws. don't lie on a federal form.

I already own rifles and shot guns, and I will be getting my dad's hand guns, my sister only wants his service revolver, My brother is a fellon, so there are at least 5 hand guns coming my way!

so do I have to reregester them when they are left to me from my dad?  (hand guns) I dont know what to do with all of his rifles when that time comes. I have all of my own, im not looking to stock pile lol!

Peace

aint about bearing arms bro, its about buying them from a store, and lying on the federal form to obtain one. mj is illegal at the federal level. feds wanna know if you unlawfully, according to their fed laws, use cannabis. If the feds give you a can of cannabis then you are legal, maybe(can those few buy guns while admitting to use I wonder?). If the feds don't supply your herb, then it is unlawful use. look it up. above posts cover those laws. don't lie on a federal form.

Supreme Court OF THE UNTIED STATES: Oregon Marijuana Patients Can Keep Their Guns

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/01/supreme_court_oregon_marijuana_patients_can_keep_t.php

Pain, dude, I know you got  bone to pick, I get it, but did you see the part where I say "I don't like it" ?   I DO NOT believe your marijuana use is ILLEGAL man, get it?

But THE FEDS DO, get it?  Furthermore their is no "prescription" for cannabis in our state recognized by the Feds, or the state for that matter. You have a recommendation from a physician suggesting that cannabis could alleviate your symptoms=not a prescription. 411

what I am saying is

1)lying on a federal form is illegal. 

2)Your marijuana use is not yet recognized by the feds as legal.

3)The feds could say you are in violation of a federal law, regardless of your state issued card, if you lie on a federal form.

will they? of course not. but if they got involved with your marijuana use they could find you falsified a federal form as a way to acquire a firearm, I know this for fact. If you don't believe it perhaps I could share a court case with you in private, to show you exactly what the feds think of lying on fed forms to get a gun while in the commission of a felony.   will they get involved with your use?  no , you're a good guy. but that doesn't change what they can legally do to someone for the same thing.

carry on for freedom!  I would never give up firearms for a permit. I do not believe the state sees this the same as the feds though. Personally I'd be worried more about the multiple personality disorder medications, and the manic depressive ones too. Legal  Medical cannabis users don't commit gun felonies.  I see all of the nations school shootings involved anti depressant users. Doctors would be scared if held to the same accountability as bartenders imo.

do you agree with those ^?

furthermore the law has  not  suggested taking away your rights to own arms silly. read the posts, read the laws.

Pain, dude, I know you got  bone to pick, I get it, but did you see the part where I say "I don't like it" ?   I DO NOT believe your marijuana use is ILLEGAL man, get it?

But THE FEDS DO, get it?  Furthermore their is no "prescription" for cannabis in our state recognized by the Feds, or the state for that matter. You have a recommendation from a physician suggesting that cannabis could alleviate your symptoms=not a prescription. 411

what I am saying is

3)The feds could say you are in violation of a federal law, regardless of your state issued card, if you lie on a federal form.

will they? of course not. but if they got involved with your marijuana use they could find you falsified a federal form as a way to acquire a firearm, I know this for fact. If you don't believe it perhaps I could share a court case with you in private, to show you exactly what the feds think of lying on fed forms to get a gun while in the commission of a felony.   will they get involved with your use?  no , you're a good guy. but that doesn't change what they can legally do to someone for the same thing.

carry on for freedom!  I would never give up firearms for a permit. I do not believe the state sees this the same as the feds though. Personally I'd be worried more about the multiple personality disorder medications, and the manic depressive ones too. Legal  Medical cannabis users don't commit gun felonies.  I see all of the nations school shootings involved anti depressant users. Doctors would be scared if held to the same accountability as bartenders imo.

furthermore the law has  not  suggested taking away your rights to own arms silly. read the posts, read the laws.

We don't need you here to argue what The Supreme Court of the United States will not ..... we get to be legal if we have a card. Not illegal. We can legally buy and hold guns and be medical marijuana patients. 

good article resto.  very nice for patients who already own their weapons, like those in this thread, and want a concealed carry permit.

"A concealed handgun license can be issued to medical marijuana patients who are law-abiding citizens, but state law doesn't allow the sale of a weapon or ammunition to medical marijuana patients."

good article resto.  very nice for patients who already own their weapons, like those in this thread, and want a concealed carry permit.

"A concealed handgun license can be issued to medical marijuana patients who are law-abiding citizens, but state law doesn't allow the sale of a weapon or ammunition to medical marijuana patients."

Nope. You are wrong. We can buy guns. All the guns we want. Any day of the week we want to. An arsehole sheriff was saying what you are and he was wrong just like you are. 

Edited by Restorium2

you can buy guns of course as a marijuana patient. but you cannot deny marijuana use legally on a federal form if asked.  comprehende?

or does someone believe that lying on a federal form is legal ?

The Supreme Court of the United States didn't have a problem with it. It's obviously a State's Rights Issue and they sided with the States. Enjoy your rights. You legally consume cannabis because you have a State Medical Marijuana Card.

mean ole state there, its not even the feds bitsin, its the state. says NO MARIJUANA PATIENTS CAN BUY A GUN OR AMMO. im not too smart but this certainly implies that a gun or ammo sale in that state to a state certified medical marijuana user would be unlawful. this makes my point nearly

dude, you play dumb really well. saying a hundred times does not make it true here resto, give it up, go to the gun store, show them your legal marijuana card, and buy a gun, whatever. goodluck, I don need to convince anyone, just hate to see people misguided by anyone. happens a lot here.

I can fill out the form correctly without lying, and buy a gun. My card is my business. Get a life.

what I am saying is

carry on for freedom!  I would never give up firearms for a permit. I do not believe the state sees this the same as the feds though. Personally I'd be worried more about the multiple personality disorder medications, and the manic depressive ones too. Legal  Medical cannabis users don't commit gun felonies.  I see all of the nations school shootings involved anti depressant users. Doctors would be scared if held to the same accountability as bartenders imalling the sky o.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, gheez dude give it a break yourself, every thread you pick apart. the sky is falling the sky is falling

Why not call some gun shops and get their opinions?

Legal marijuana use, is your own business. You have 2nd amentment rights. You may choose to stand on the street, holding a poster that Says "I smoke legal marijuana", i choose to stay underground. I was in a gun shop, 2 days ago, and bought a rifle. And NO iam not using illegal drugs. went thru the background ck, like a breeze. Gun went home with me.

here's a copy of the law, not a new law, an old law actually. The ATF sent letters out to remind gun sellers that marijuana use/cultivation/distribution remain a felony and there are no exceptions in fed law for marijuana "purportedly used for medicinal purposes even if sanctioned by the state" feds say mj users should check the box "yes" and then be denied a firearm. https://www.atf.gov/file/60211/download

MKomorn has a radio show here somewhere about it. Trix also has some real life experience concerning firearm possession and cultivation of cannabis I've seen. gun store will NOT sell you a firearm if you show the your card, tell them you use cannabis, or smell like your garden, because it would be against the law for the to do so according to the ATF.