Milegalize- The Mmma Endorsed Ballot Initiative- Launches Campaign This Week!

just so we have the text relating to meat of what it could mean to the regular guy...

Sec. 3. A consumer shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, for commit- ting any of the following acts:

(a) Acquiring, possessing, internally pos- sessing, using, or transporting marihuana, marihuana products, or marihuana accesso- ries.

(b) Cultivating, growing, harvesting, possessing, propagating, processing, or transporting 12 or fewer marihuana plants, each of which is at least 12 inches high or 12 inches in diameter, and possessing the marihuana derived from those plants. The plants must be grown in a manner so as to reasonably prevent unauthorized access to or harvesting of the plants, and the marihuana produced from the plants must not be made available for sale.

© Possessing, growing, processing, or transporting any number of marihuana plants or their parts that are smaller than those described in subdivision (b). The plants must be grown in a manner so as to reasonably prevent unauthorized access to or harvesting of the plants, and the marihuana produced from the plants must not be made available for sale.

(d) Transferring 2.5 ounces or less of mari- huana without remuneration to a consumer.

(e) Consuming marihuana on private prop- erty, or on public property as otherwise allowed by law.

(f) Assisting another consumer in any of the acts described in subdivisions (a) to (e).

(g.) Manufacturing, acquiring, or possessing marihuana or marihuana products or acces- sories, or selling marihuana or marihuana products or accessories to a consumer.

(h) Cultivating, harvesting, processing,

packaging, transporting, or possessing mar- ihuana or marihuana products, or delivering ortransferringmarihuanaormarihuanaprod- ucts to or from a marihuana establishment, if the person conducting any activity under this subdivision has obtained a current, valid license to operate a marihuana establishment or is acting in his or her capacity as an owner, employee, or agent of a licensed marihuana establishment where such activity is allowed.

(i) Leasing or otherwise allowing the use of property owned, occupied, or controlled by any person, corporation, or other entity for any of the activities conducted lawfully in accordance with subdivisions (a) to ©

Sub sec G seems to read that anyone (a patient, cg, or any person over 21) can sell their personally grown meds... w/o a license. Yet a manufacturing facility and retail store must have licensing.

(g.) Manufacturing, acquiring, or possessing marihuana or marihuana products or acces- sories, or selling marihuana or marihuana products or accessories to a consumer

At first glance, it reads better than the alternatives.

The Marsden initiative MCC specifically states it does not supersede or amend the act.

--- but they dont let the little guy play in the game, limited licensing and rights ---

MIlegalize continues to insist it does not effect the act. They suggest this because the places their initiative intersects the act, they claim provide enhancements to the act.

--- this needs to be double and triple checked, but if it doesn't limit the pat/cg rights and actually extends further protections, well then... That's not so bad ---

The unintended consequence comes if and when they get their signatures, and the ball goes into the legislators ballpark. Some would prefer they not intersect the act at all, in any way, in going for their dream.

--- only way to protect from this is a constitutional amendment, even the current act has been significantly reduced and limited ---

Well there is a big gorilla in the room as well. How to raise 1.5 million or so....

--- each of the 22,000 cg's give up a hundred bucks a head, and potential labs/retailers kick in 1k... Maybe close to 2.5 million right there ---

Serious looks at any initiative must look for the money committed before jumping aboard. It is going to take a bunch.

--- need to double check that it doesn't limit pat/cg rights, but extends them and allows for them to participate... with that, I am in---

so if this doesn't affect any of us registered, are we to vote for the advantages of recreational, court, police, attorney, commercial interests?

Do you think it was ONLY medical patients who voted for the MMMA?  At some point you have to come together with others or they already won.

And I think you missed win for all the people who wouldn't get arrested because it was legal.  Why does everyone always look to who's making money?  It seems to me if the general public was worried about it we wouldn't have walmart, burger king, etc.  We've kinda passed the era of the mom and pop shops and you can't legislate it.

Edited by Norby

Do you think it was ONLY medical patients who voted for the MMMA?  At some point you have to come together with others or they already won.

They didn't understand that the legislature would decide how the actual law would work and how they would muck it up. Just like with the quasi legalization initiatives. It needs to be said loud and often. It seems that no one knows but us.

as there are only 150,000 patients and 30,000 caregivers but more than 2 million people voted for the MMMA, we have to go with their flow too, if they so desire it. stand together and unite

2 million folks that don't know they got flogged unless we tell them loud and often.

I saw my doc on 12/4/08 but never got a card for 5 months. Sometimes I waited for months to get renewed. The MMMA was implement half arse and not really. People need to know they can vote for legalization but they will not get it. No one acts like they know that. They need to know.

And I think you missed win for all the people who wouldn't get arrested because it was legal.  Why does everyone always look to who's making money?  It seems to me if the general public was worried about it we wouldn't have walmart, burger king, etc.  We've kinda passed the era of the mom and pop shops and you can't legislate it.

No, I've long suspected at least three recreational users must have voted for the MMMA. follow the money-whenever something doesn't seem right, that's the ticket to discovery.

I wish everyone was found to be 100% compliant within the Act to date. I wish

Edited by grassmatch

No, I've long suspected at least three recreational users must have voted for the MMMA. follow the money-whenever something doesn't seem right, that's the ticket to discovery.

I wish everyone was found to be 100% compliant within the Act to date. I wish

It's the politicians who are against us and where are the people to get the money to get the freedom themselves?  There will always be "interests" involved in politics but you can't just shut out everything or it'll never change.  Get behind the best law and try and let everyone know which is the best because one will probably make it no matter what happens here.

I wish everyone was found to be 100% compliant within the Act to date ?

OK i also wish but some may say even we weren't and we were does anyone think we/i wounded started a growing cannabis if i wasn't  legal ?  

​No way would i have done so the Law didn't say  and never did and still doesn't say that no one could be in someones grow room until the Courts changed things to benefit them selfs 

sorry my point was to say Leo never liked the Law and neither did the Government Because it's a Peoples Law not a Government Law

It's the politicians who are against us and where are the people to get the money to get the freedom themselves?  There will always be "interests" involved in politics but you can't just shut out everything or it'll never change.  Get behind the best law and try and let everyone know which is the best because one will probably make it no matter what happens here.

I agree Maybe it will if the politicians don't do it first

I just cant vote for the lesser of two evils, sorry.

I know, just like courts and politicians and lawyers did already, any new rules will be shredded.

I am betting whats left will be in favor of commercial interests. I could even live with that, but

I've seen what comes after that.

I wonder if a commercial supplier group of millions of dollars would stand by and allow tens of thousands of

personal medical growers continue to embarrass them with our boutique qualities and lower costs, or if they would use those dollars and lawyers and police etc to help squish out the competition. I'm leary of jumping into a yes vote months before its due, and long before I understand what I am doing.

I see the extra protections supposedly offered, but do those apply to medical registered people also? or is just allowing goofs to be a few plants over etc for a small fee/fine?  believe me, I want decrim/legal, but neither one ticks that box

I just cant vote for the lesser of two evils, sorry.

How about the lesser of three evils?

From everything reported it would seem that when the MRC finally joins the fray (August), their proposal will be to do away with the MMMA all together.  You will be able to have two 12" plants in bloom.

To do away with the MMMA they will need to go heavy with the line that growing in basements is evil/bad/the work of criminals/unhealthy/...  After all, they are good people only interested in protecting children and you can't have thousands of criminals growing contaminated weed in their moldy basements.   

probably not many patients will fall for that one hopefully

The MRC does not care what patients think.   Their target audience is the other 90% of the michigan voters who don't use cannabis What the MRC cares about is caregivers are screwing up their monopoly.

Anyway, at this point, they are but a storm cloud on the horizon.  No point in getting worked up about them now.  Worry if and when they announce.  Just thought I would throw the thought out there that a third choice may make a lesser of three evils decision more attractive.

How about the lesser of three evils?

From everything reported it would seem that when the MRC finally joins the fray (August), their proposal will be to do away with the MMMA all together. You will be able to have two 12" plants in bloom.

To do away with the MMMA they will need to go heavy with the line that growing in basements is evil/bad/the work of criminals/unhealthy/... After all, they are good people only interested in protecting children and you can't have thousands of criminals growing contaminated weed in their moldy basements.

This fallacy just kills me each and every time. The larger the grow, the more commercialized it necessarily has to be. And that means utilizing modern commercial farming techniques, which means the use of known carcinogens on a human consumable. Granted we do to our food, but to claim this is a safer practice than a bunch of smaller, more manageable grows that are entirely possible to operate w/o any chems (and produce a discernibly better quality product)... It is just nonsensical. Beyond that, it is a blatant lie.

Massive 100-500 light grows looks really cool... The first couple of times u c it, and from an arms length. But the 'acceptable' practices they employ r dangerous... To not only the people consuming the product, but also the people operating the grow. This isnt hyperbole.

If u hear this argument (that cg/pat grow r dangerous, and that limited centralized commercial grows r better), know they r liars. And they absolutely have an agenda that doesnt include the wellbeing of others in mind.

It is a sham, for limited private gain.

This fallacy just kills me each and every time....

You are correct, but that is how we will be portrayed by a group, ie MRC and/or current lobbyist in Lansing that created the addendum to 4209,  that wants to eliminate the caregiver system.

Unfortunately the general public (the 95% of the population that MRC will be selling their plan to) do not seem to care.   Tyson and Purdue's mega chicken farms, giant feed lots for cattle, SE Asia fish farms for shrimp, and on and on the list goes.  These are products that the 95% buys.  Given their apparent lack of concern regarding products they buy, what will motivate them to be concerned about products they do not even buy?  

If we truly want to preserve the caregiver system we need to look beyond our own perspectives and commit to a serious marketing research effort to craft a message that that resonates with the 95%.   

My view is,the general public will either vote for legalization(both)or not,...in general.

If we can get all  patients and caregivers and families to vote against the MRC model,...MRC will lose for less votes. 

It will take a lot of work, but if they make the ballot,  it can be the decider.

So far, no one is actually collecting signatures yet. we will see.