Milegalize Known Pitfalls ?

Some of those legislators won't even be in office when/if one of these initiatives gets enacted. I guess I'm going to go study possible candidates for the next 3 years.

There you go man. That is real. It's tedious work. Check out who is going to be governor and attorney general too. Check out who will be running for governor in 2018 on both sides. It all matters.

Yeah, 1600 an elbow in Washington last fall. I heard the grower that sold at this price has since gone on two vacations, bought a boat and paid off the mortgage.

Kind of scary when you lump it all together like that don't you think? In my world there are different prices for different levels of quality. 

this is what rest fears  

Submissions Boulder, Colorado $100 an ounce high quality June 24, 2015 Denver, Colorado $175 an ounce high quality June 22, 2015 Silt, Colorado $50 an eighth high quality June 22, 2015 Denver, Colorado $18 a gram high quality June 22, 2015 Denver, Colorado $180 an ounce medium quality June 20, 2015 Vail, Colorado $30 an eighth medium quality June 18, 2015 Greeley, Colorado $105 an ounce high quality June 13, 2015 Evergreen, Colorado $100 an ounce medium quality June 10, 2015 Boulder, Colorado $60 a half ounce medium quality June 10, 2015 Denver, Colorado $120 a quarter high quality June 10, 2015 Denver, Colorado $300 an ounce medium quality June 8, 2015 Durango, Colorado $40 5 grams medium quality June 4, 2015 Denver, Colorado $150 an ounce medium quality June 3, 2015 Denver, Colorado $200 an ounce medium quality June 2, 2015 Dillon, Colorado $60 5 grams medium quality June 1, 2015

Medium quality??? LOL 

Given what has occurred with MMM Act thus far, I think it foolish to NOT consider what might occur.

and act accordingly. 

We should be fully aware by now how gov't behaves and how hard they have worked to tear apart

our law.  Do people really think this quasi legalization bid will be treated differently?

Oh i can see what they have done to the Act well whats left of it anyways if something isn't done their will be no Act left 

Right Bob, quasi legalization will replace it... doesn't matter what the initiative reads.

Does anyone think that legislators will not futz with such an initiative (if voted in) to

best benefit gov't profit margins?  It is what they must do for job security after all.

Cannabis users will be screwed, again.

Total repeal of cannabis prohibition in Mi is the only viable solution, imo.

If we repeal prohibition then it will be the Dea busting all of us instead of msp. That's the only difference. Fewer regulations = greater federal involvement.

I haven't seen so many worried people since the dead went on a few hours late in '78.

Edited by suneday11

Out of all the fallacies this one is the worst because it leads people to believe the money will dry up for law enforcement:

how about not having your taxes spent on police and courts for marijuana?

They always get a lot of the money to prosecute those that do not follow their rules to keep their cash cow alive.

40000 less arrests in colo/wash. That's a lot of saved tax dollars.

Why must we follow other States examples?

We are innovators here in MI so, why not lead a new frontier?

Why vote in law that plays right into the hands of the 1%ers?

Once we give them the power to tax and regulate it will be hella fight to reclaim any rights. 

Looking at our gov't track record and thinking we are not going to get screwed is plain old false hope imho.

Voting in people who best represent my values is of course imperative.  I find that most times they will lie

to get the votes or even if they begin with righteous intentions they will soon get sucked into the game and change.

That doesn't mean I will quit casting my vote for whom I think has my best interests at heart.

Smokers rejoice! The number of cases filed in Colorado state court involving at least one marijuana offense has plunged 77% between 2012 and 2013, according to a Denver Post analysis of data released by the state's judicial branch.

And the number of marijuana petty possession charges has fallen from 714 a month during the first nine months of 2012 to just 133 per month a year later.

What's more, prosecutors aren't even pursuing marijuana-related charges that remain illegal after the state passed an initiative legalizing recreational marijuana in November 2012. Charges for possession of more than 12 ounces of weed have plummeted 73%. Cases with possession with intent to distribute fewer than five pounds have fallen 70%. And even though Denver police have increased the number of tickets issued for public consumption of marijuana smoking, the overall number of such citations statewide has fallen 17%.

Even the number of prosecutions against people under 21, who can't legally handle or use marijuana under the state's new laws, has dropped. According to state Attorney General John Suthers, "I think [the police have] kind of thrown their arms up in the air" and given up arresting or citing marijuana users, thanks to the complexities of the new law.

And even when marijuana results in an arrest, petty possession cases are being dismissed from court at an unprecedented rate. In 2012, 79% of such charges were dismissed by a judge or prosecutor; in 2013, 84% were.

- Read the entire article at Policy Mic.    

Why must we follow other States examples?

We are innovators here in MI so, why not lead a new frontier?

Why vote in law that plays right into the hands of the 1%ers?

Once we give them the power to tax and regulate it will be hella fight to reclaim any rights. 

Looking at our gov't track record and thinking we are not going to get screwed is plain old false hope imho.

Voting in people who best represent my values is of course imperative.  I find that most times they will lie

to get the votes or even if they begin with righteous intentions they will soon get sucked into the game and change.

That doesn't mean I will quit casting my vote for whom I think has my best interests at heart.

Right On

We Do have the best Medical Laws in the Country, but we need to move in a direction that removes prohibitions and restrictions like counts, weights,  testing, licenses, zoning ord,inspections,  outdoor grows and strengthen the protections of the citizens who overwhelmingly support cannabis consumption

Lowering plant counts and reducing weights and regulating grows is NOT progress.

Legal Liesation is a scam !  Any Plan to legal lies through tax and regulate will only be used to eliminate home grows and set up a monopoly for a chosen few.  

Hell NO, We juana Grow!

MORE CO LAW

Distribute, Transfer, or Possess with Intent 2 oz or less Misdemeanor 6 - 18 months $ 5,000

More than 2 oz – 6 oz Felony 6 months - 2 years $ 100,000

More than 6 oz – 2.5 lbs Felony 2 - 6 years $ 500,000

More than 2.5 lbs – 25 lbs Felony 4 - 16 years $ 750,000

More than 25 lbs Felony 8 - 32 years $ 1,000,000

http://norml.org/laws/item/colorado-penalties

Edited by Restorium2

Michigan over an OZ   felony  1 to 4 years   1 plant 1 to 4 years how do you feel ? NO oil   COA destroying the law  but you guys like this,

I see no difference because you KNOW a lot of people are going to grow more than 6 and ruin their lives. Who grows less than 6 and is happy with that? NO ONE.

Resto you and IBM  are just caregivers that are afraid your patients will get a better deal  that is all ,   You say the dispensaries are greedy and want to control the market  when it is you guys that are doing it,  Shame on you guys,

What the hell are you smokin over there?  This is about expanding/protectiong  our rights for citizens not corporations

Edited by beourbud