Adventures In Signature Gathering

4:30pm-6pm

9 signers

Young people are mostly not registered to vote.

"Are you registered to vote?" is a good question as it gets rid of the under-18 crowd.

Had someone come up to me and tell me why he wasnt going to sign, WHILE HE WAS SUCKING ON A VAPE. twasnt no tobacco in that vape either. The rules say not to argue so just smile and nod, and hope he comes around and signs the petition within the 170 days left.

Notes:

Have a sign with TODAYS DATE written on it. no one has a clue what date it is.

Have a sign that says sign the "Legalization Petition" , otherwise people ask if you are doing your paperwork.

Lots of people looking to buy weed, and asked me if I had any to sell.

Need more clipboards!

Comments from signers and non signers:

Will they put this into some kind of database?

"Legalization will be on the ballot in 2016".

Do you have a large group doing this (signature gathering)?

How many signatures do you have so far?

The second quote is horrible. That comes directly from the idiot newspapers who said it is inevitable that legalization will be on the ballot. YEAH BUT YOU NEED TO SIGN IT SO IT CAN GET ON THERE.

Want:

Some literature like MILegalize signs. Maybe a simple Racist War on Drugs sign.

^^^Had someone come up to me and tell me why he wasnt going to sign, WHILE HE WAS SUCKING ON A VAPE

What did he say? Did he mention that the legislature will probably mess it all up? Did he mention he can't afford quasi legal weed? Did he mention that he didn't want any of his cannabis money going to cops who destroy our lives? Must have been something stupid right?

Edited by Restorium2

he said "if everyone in america smoked pot it wouldnt be the greatest country."

and "he didnt want to sound like an donkey rectum saying that he wasnt going to sign".

he was a very polite and well dressed young professional college kid (and also black, this matters because of the racist war on drugs).

your reasoning is very advanced resto, i mean that only someone with in-depth knowledge and absolute history on the subject would form that opinion. the average joe on the street i dont think will make those connections. but i'll keep my ears open and let you know if i run into any smart individuals who have the same qualms with ze leglaization. :)

he said "if everyone in america smoked pot it wouldnt be the greatest country."

and "he didnt want to sound like an donkey rectum saying that he wasnt going to sign".

he was a very polite and well dressed young professional college kid (and also black, this matters because of the racist war on drugs).

your reasoning is very advanced resto, i mean that only someone with in-depth knowledge and absolute history on the subject would form that opinion. the average joe on the street i dont think will make those connections. but i'll keep my ears open and let you know if i run into any smart individuals who have the same qualms with ze leglaization. :)

Informing them whenever I get the chance. I'm asking them to do the same, pay it forward. Don't be surprised if they are just as smart as us in time. We will not be fooled again by our crooked legislature. Tell it like it is. This is a grand opportunity to point out the need for changing out our government officials. We can't even depend on a ballot initiative not getting molested by the legislature. 

patient/caregiver told me his story about getting an improper transport ticket, for a nug the size of the end of his thumb, which was stored in a tackle box. in westland.

he said the judge got to make up the definition of "case".

told me his manager got caught smoking weed , his managers bond was $350 , but his bond for improper transport was $500.

just another horrible story about the system railroading people and patients/caregivers for no good reason. costs more to fight than to pay the court. for what? a plant? that the state has given him permission to possess?

its a legal thing ,all the petitions must be exactly the same, because the board of electors has to verify there are no errors with fonts. if some dirt/dust is found covering some of the words of the petition its all invalid, since they think you might be hiding some words of the initiative.

ask your county contact about when/where to get petitions. they are out there, although i wish they would hand more out.

everyone seems to think its legal already.

or that it will already be on the ballot.

need an education campaign soon...

This is why we need a flat out decrim/legal bill. People will gladly sign it because they've already been told it's coming. They don't care if it's 12 plants or unlimited plants they will vote for whatever comes so why restrict it in terms of plant count?

What I'm saying is everyone knows it's going to be legal and most folks are okay with that. So let's just let it go free market style, No plant counts, no limit on sales.

I think it's because the other side would use it against us they would run Add's about cannabis being  a Free for all and we only have one shot at this imo

many many people still think that legalization is on the ballot for this year.

so many people tell me they are on probation, luckily i tell them they can still sign the petition!

all of the secretary of states offices near me are located in private strip malls, 100 feet away from the public sidewalks. :(

i think i may have gotten over 180 signatures. works out to 1 per day of collecting (180 days to collect sigs). i think my personal set goal to beat is 10+ signatures per day for 180 days. which means my goal is 1800+ signatures.

ugh. 1800 people. CMON I CAN DO IT.

today: 1 iffy signature. 2 blank sheets passed out. bad day, will try harder tomorrow to make up for it.

Anyone who thinks marijuana is already legal should check out their local Regional Airport. The MSP has a new gray-and-blue Bell Helo with state-of-the-art IR sensors that not only see indoor hot spots but allegedly also can detect the heat signatures from plant grown outdoors.

This in addition to the C-182 with the secret suitcase-sized electronic cell-phone snooper the fly regularly.

A new twist this year was a few Suburbans hanging around with a couple uniformed officers who reportedly are dispatched to verify any airborne spotted grow are in compliance if they are mmj licensed.

Everyone whose interest goes beyond a strict interpretation and compliance with the MMJ Act should be actively supporting the best available legalization effort in my opinion. The Prohibition Proponents from the AMA and DEA down to the foot soldiers of the Arrest-and-Punishment Industry will not surrender their budgets and toys peacefully.

i went out again today in Royal Oak  11 mile and Main area at the Library which is next to city Hall 50% said they don't vote 25% where City worker that said they couldn't sign because they work for the City about 15% where police officers out of unform  ( you can tell trust me ) so i got about 20 today

Edited by bobandtorey

got a few with bob yesterday at the library, then another 10 at a different disc golf course yesterday. bad luck at the disc golf course with bob, there was no one there! empty on a saturday! must be busy later in the day after noon. my fault.

got one at the redford farmers market next to the cop shop today. head lady at the farmers market "didnt want anything political" going on there. political? its a democracy lady! if you dont like democracy and free speech and protected political speech, maybe you should go to a dictatorship or communist country.

15 signatures today at the disc golf course.

theres 200+ courses in michigan, every part of the state, even da yoop. lots of smokers play too.

heres a list, includes maps and everything about each course:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/browse.php?private=1&paytoplay=1&zip_distance=25&cname=&city=&state=27&country=1&zipcode=

i got tired of people saying they werent registered to vote, so i printed out some voter registration forms.

two people said they werent registered today.

no takers today on the voter registration forms, but i'll keep trying. :)

total : about 250+ signatures so far.

2015 Michigan Renaissance Festival!

Join us Weekends & Labor Day, August 22nd thru October 4th, PLUS Festival Friday, October 2nd! 

Anyone want to plan for doing it here

I have been to this many times Lots and Lots of people = hard work but many 

Signature

Michigan Renaissance Festival

12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442
Edited by bobandtorey