4 Arrested In Macomb County Raids, Illegal Marijuana Dispensary Busted

SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) - Four people were arrested following police raids in Macomb County on Friday.

Shelby Township police tell us the four were arrested after their medical marijuana dispensary was discovered. They were believed to be making $8,000 a day with the operation.

We're told this investigation started in the spring with about 50 local and federal officers working on the case. The Shelby Township Police Department had assistance from the Drug Enforcement Administration and the FBI.

Officers raided a business near 23 Mile Road and four homes in Macomb County. 

http://www.wxyz.com/news/4-arrested-in-macomb-county-raids-illegal-marijuana-operation-busted

At least four people were arrested July 10 after the Shelby Township Police Department, U.S. Drug Enforcement Adminstration and other law enforcement officials raided five Macomb County locations accused of illegally dispensing marijuana.

"Today is the culmination of several months of investigation resulting in multiple search warrant executions," said Shelby Township Police Chief Robert Shelide.

"With cooperation from our federal partners in the DEA, the FBI and other law enforcement agencies, we were able to rid this community of the harmful effects of a few individuals who attempted to circumnavigate the law to peddle marijuana to our residents."

According to Shelide, four of the alleged suspects arrested during the raids were affiliated with Advance Medical Supply, a facility located at 51310 Van Dyke.

"We have made several undercover buys at this location of illegal products, including Wax, Shatter, and Illegal Edibles, along with marijuana."

Shelide said evidence against the alleged suspects arrested at the Shelby Township business, as well as narcotics, documentation, proceeds, and other evidence taken from four residential locations in Roseville, Shelby Township, and Sterling Heights will be turned over to the prosecutor's office for review of charges.

"We want to make it clear to every resident of (southeast) Michigan that running an illegal dispenser in Shelby Township will never be accepted," Shelide said. "I can confidently say that the overwhelming majority of Shelby Township residents don't want this in our community, and we will eradicate it as quickly as it pops up."

http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/articles/2015/07/10/news/doc55a004f9d452c892155151.txt#

Edited by bobandtorey

"We have made several undercover buys at this location of illegal products, including Wax, Shatter, and Illegal Edibles, along with marijuana."

very interesting

someone finally found a use for the coa ruling in carruthers. since not many prosecutors dare touch that ruling in michigan, they got the feds to bite it instead.

Why would you believe it would be legal to buy "with" a card?

He was contemplating the federal case....

Were the grounds for arrest the presumed illegal goods or the lack of a connection through the registry? What came first, the chicken or the egg? What will be dropped and what will be going to the higher court is the main question in most of our minds. Since there are a variety of products involved it could be very enlightening.

“We want to make it clear to every resident of southeast Michigan that running an illegal dispenser in Shelby Township will never be accepted,” Shelide said. “I can confidently say that the overwhelming majority of Shelby Township residents don’t want this in our community, and we will eradicate it as quickly as it pops up.”

He was contemplating the federal case....

Were the grounds for arrest the presumed illegal goods or the lack of a connection through the registry? What came first, the chicken or the egg? What will be dropped and what will be going to the higher court is the main question in most of our minds. Since there are a variety of products involved it could be very enlightening.

The Higher Court has already turned down two cases  Clinical Relief , and Blue Water

What makes you sure of this case ?

variety of products will have nothing to do with other then more time in Jail  imo

“We want to make it clear to every resident of southeast Michigan that running an illegal dispenser in Shelby Township will never be accepted,” Shelide said. “I can confidently say that the overwhelming majority of Shelby Township residents don’t want this in our community, and we will eradicate it as quickly as it pops up.”

Y'all need to take some of those dang petitons on over there and stand in front of the Dairy Queen all day long. lol

The Higher Court has already turned down two cases  Clinical Relief , and Blue Water

What makes you sure of this case ?

variety of products will have nothing to do with other then more time in Jail  imo

The 'variety of products' might provide us with some sort of distinction between them, if we can get past the registration part.

I am not familiar with all of Macomb Cty, but it seems the county is about as friendly to MMJ as Oakland.  I would guess this is a straight forward arrest for dealing w/o getting into federal or medible issues

A check of Leafly shows only one other dispensary in Macomb Cty.

Edited by semicaregiver

Why would you believe it would be legal to buy "with" a card?

waxes? why not, they drip right out of the flowers when exposed to ultraviolet light, I believe these are preparations thereof.

besides, a patient can make a buy anywhere.

brownie mixes....maybe they were illegal because the possession outweighed the allowable amount for the cg on staff?

resto hit the winner though, I was contemplating the fed case, why they were there in the first place, and how they were able to make undercover buys. If they can do it, so can kids without real cards, an obvious source of illicit supply maybe.

The feds are often part of the regional drug task forces.   My guess would be the local leo mentioned them to make it seem that the raid was so important that the feds were a part of his team.

It is and always has been illegal to buy with a card from someone that is not your caregiver, i.e. the McQueen case.   They do not need to focus on the medibles.    

Edited by semicaregiver

waxes? why not, they drip right out of the flowers when exposed to ultraviolet light, I believe these are preparations thereof.

besides, a patient can make a buy anywhere.

brownie mixes....maybe they were illegal because the possession outweighed the allowable amount for the cg on staff?

resto hit the winner though, I was contemplating the fed case, why they were there in the first place, and how they were able to make undercover buys. If they can do it, so can kids without real cards, an obvious source of illicit supply maybe.

Thanks

How they were able to make undercover buys.? they have been doing that from the start and how would someone know the differences in Fed or city Leo's they are undercover  ?

There was a quote, I believe in the Cervantes bible regarding this very problem.

It ran something like, "Once you begin to believe that what you are doing is legal you end up in trouble".   

I am located in Detroit and can walk (within a mile radius) to 17 dispensaries.   This could give you the illusion that they are legal.  Apparently the store operators in Shelby were drinking the koolaid.

The feds are often part of the regional drug task forces.   My guess would be the local leo mentioned them to make it seem that the raid was so important that the feds were a part of his team.

It is and always has been illegal to buy with a card from someone that is not your caregiver, i.e. the McQueen case.   They do not need to focus on the medibles.    

Thanks

It is and always has been illegal to buy with a card from someone that is not your caregiver,? I didn't know that are you sure ?