Top 6 Reasons Why Pot Smokers Should Vote For Responsibleohio

bobandtorey

I know right, A Taker by repub definition ,supporting the party that promotes hate and bigotry and war and crimes to humanity and The War on Drugs. A son of a cop / oil maker.

This is irony only life can script.

Well You know what they say about cops and preachers Kids eh?

Peace

Oh man,where to start? I almost forgot why I don't visit here any more...

In my opinion it's not a dem/gop issue,the problem is our 2 party system if the dems put up Mau, and the Republicans put up Stalin were going to vote one of them in.....Right?

Hell ask any brain dead liberal about guns,or organ harvesting at planed parenthood for profit or drilling our own oil or burning clean coal (which we in America have more coal than all of the middle east has oil) Or open borders? Gotta let these Mexicans in to do the work we should be doing....oh but alas were on ssdi because of insert useless diagnosis here.........

What am I forgetting here. . . .

Oh,the work of one madman causes the entire nation of idiots to BAN the Confederate battle flag of North Carolina,while we can't call the gunmen at the Marine recruiting office Muslim Terrorists..Oh and cutting off your weiner doesn't make you a woman,only a man with no weiner...just in case no one told you luberals.

Your forgetting to come in here more often to voice your opinion!

Peace

I support Free the Weed. Decriminalization as in No Crime , No Time, No Fine

Anything else is just a wolf in sheeps clothes.

We the People want Cannabis to be a Cottage industry not another wall street commodity.

The 1% are trying to monopolize cannabis thru legal lies. We are Not going to vote for it.

but then the "other side" may get passed? I hat voting for the lesser of two evils also, but

what else to do on this one. We're al smart enough to know that those in power will get what they are after.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't allow us to do it"

peace

Oh,the work of one madman causes the entire nation of idiots to BAN the Confederate battle flag of North Carolina,while we can't call the gunmen at the Marine recruiting office Muslim Terrorists..Oh and cutting off your weiner doesn't make you a woman,only a man with no weiner...

Imagine what will happen when the next whacko has a rainbow flag in the background before he lets loose, and the next one shows a pink ribbon flag on his facebook page ? The MIA flag has come under serious fire as of recent too.

The Confederate battle flag has flown over South Carolina’s State House for over 50 years. In that time-span, millions of South Carolinians were born, raised, and died with the Confederate battle flag flying over the South Carolina State House. Everyone of them knew the history behind the flag, racist warts and all. Exactly one of them committed a racist massacre ! = this one murderer had a history of drug use, a history of racist comments, criminal record at the ripe old age of 21, and the flags of apartheid-era Rhodesia and South Africa on his jacket.

At least they don't blame the violent video games like they used to, I remember Doom killed over 20 people once! I knew the SC shooter played an xbox before I saw the flag on his page.

http://theantimedia.org/police-charge-native-american-man-with-misdemeanor-for-hanging-american-flag-upside-down/

i fully support everyones free speech to fly any flag they want, nazi, confederate, whatever.

i do not support government of north carolina flying that flag.

as that flag represents a seccession government that started a war and caused the deaths of an estimated 625,000–850,000 people.

but, if any state does wish to leave the union, i also support that, as long as we put it all to a national vote and it passes. then your new country is more than welcome to fly whatever flag it wants.

until then, and as long as my tax dollars are flying into your state, no stupid donkey flag for your statehouse. you are of course, more than welcome to paint it on your house, put it on tshirts, fly the flag at every business you want etc.

The confederate flag is a flag of traitors to the United States.  I cant believe the flag was allowed on  government property this long.  Anyone can have it on their own property, but not government property proudly flown.  It is shameful.  It is a flag of racism and slavery.  And do not give me excuses. Just read why exactly it is was done and no one can deny it. Official declarations of secession and the Cornerstone speech tell it all.  Reason for secession? Slavery and the 4th amendment.  Return of property(slaves) from the Northern states. 

Cornerstone Speech

http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~ras2777/amgov/stephens.html

But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other -- though last, not least. The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution -- African slavery as it exists amongst us -- the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew."

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery -- subordination to the superior race -- is his natural and normal condition. [Applause.] This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

Georgia Declaration of Secession

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html#Georgia

The prohibition of slavery in the Territories is the cardinal principle of this organization.

Mississippi Declaration of Secession

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html#Mississippi

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world.

South Carolina Secession

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html#South_Carolina

The Constitution of the United States, in its fourth Article, provides as follows: "No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up, on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due."

Texas Declaration of Secession

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html#Texas

She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time.

Lol, nah, im the clean cut guy in a golf shirt... Arguing w the hippy, where he was for mass productuon, and i was calling him a sell out... Never would have guessed it from appearances/dress

Im with you, in principle... My only contention w ur decriminalization is whether or not we could actually have something like free market competition in america, which i highly doubt, just as it would be very difficult to realize true decrim in america. I very much would like to see that happen, esp if evryone could participate, especially the small guy. I truly feel it would be much better for quality, selection, and availability... Better for anyone using mj (to go small, not big).

U could even say i support laws that would limit production and distribution, similar (in a way) that the mass produced, limited production peeps want it regulated... I just want to regulate against them in particular.

Right on

Decriminalization as described would win by landslide in a vote

That's what everyone wants..well except el chappo and el Kesto and el leo

Keeping cannabis a cottage industry would help improve the economy of abroader population.

The Farmers Market is the best model imo

These legal lies are just monopolies doomed to failure.

Edited by beourbud

The confederate flag is a flag of traitors to the United States.  I cant believe the flag was allowed on  government property this long.  Anyone can have it on their own property, but not government property proudly flown.  It is shameful.  It is a flag of racism and slavery.  And do not give me excuses. Just read why exactly it is was done and no one can deny it. Official declarations of secession and the Cornerstone speech tell it all.  Reason for secession? Slavery and the 4th amendment.  Return of property(slaves) from the Northern states. 

Cornerstone Speech

http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~ras2777/amgov/stephens.html

Georgia Declaration of Secession

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html#Georgia

Mississippi Declaration of Secession

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html#Mississippi

South Carolina Secession

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html#South_Carolina

Texas Declaration of Secession

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html#Texas

decade after decade after decade.....and nobody gave one hoot until a recent whacko flew it. right on time eh?

wait till someone re-remembers the atrocities committed while flying the American flag, here and abroad.

'He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.'

Edited by grassmatch

That was the flag they picked to represent themselves when they fought to break America in half so they could continue to have black slaves. They lost. The slaves were freed. To fly that flag means the same as it has all along. The only people who like that flag are the knowledgeable that think they are still fighting that war or the ignorant that do not know history. Enlighten the ignorant and kick the rest to the curb just like we did back then. We won. We should be darn proud of it. They lost because they were losers fighting for a bad cause, using the ignorant like they still do to this day. Sometimes the good folks win but it's always a battle to maintain a good win. Just like we see in our own lives day to day. 

I beleive it is part of our history!  good bad or indifferent!

since the north won way back than, why did it take so long to give them and woman voters rights?

When I was born african americans still could not vote!

Just my 2 cnts

Peace

when I was in school we did the pledge of aliegance every morning after the bell rang, and one kid got to lead it on the speaker system every day!  Why dont we do that?

how about city halls that want to put mangers up at christmas, one person complains and it has to stop!

seperate church and state, but put in god we trust on our money!

a few more cents!

Peace

IN GOD we trust= Gold, Oil, Drugs (thanks past poster)

slaves you say?  we're not slaves.....we get a stipend now for working for the same owners!

slave owners got together the night before and developed this strategy to keep workers working.

"heres two dollars a month for your non slave status pay. Rent is due, it is 3 dollars monthly btw. Food is available

on credit for your convenience."

No doubt that flag is a symbol of divisiveness. However slavery was an emotional issue for many people then and now.  It also was NOT the main reason  for the Civil War.

We're also familiar with the concept of the winners writing their own history. Fact: the name of the war alone is fairly divisive as its true meaning would involve 'Civil issues' v political or more  relative to my point: economical. The biggest reason for the secession of the Southern States, couched in States Rights was the unfair tariffs being imposed on their products, which at this time in the history of the US provided a significant chunk of our GDP and provided a significant resource for the North who were busy building out their infrastructure.  The Morrill Tariff Act was the straw that broke the back of the Southern States. In itself it increased tariffs on products produced in the South to 50% and over.  

Protective Tariffs: The Primary Cause of the Civil War

tariffs start around 6:30 on this particular video of an excellent series on this subject: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC57YoyFLTc

Q. What caused the Civil War?

While many still debate the ultimate causes of the Civil War, Pulitzer Prize-winning author James McPherson writes that, "The Civil War started because of uncompromising differences between the free and slave states over the power of the national government to prohibit slavery in the territories that had not yet become states. When Abraham Lincoln won election in 1860 as the first Republican president on a platform pledging to keep slavery out of the territories, seven slave states in the deep South seceded and formed a new nation, the Confederate States of America. The incoming Lincoln administration and most of the Northern people refused to recognize the legitimacy of secession. They feared that it would discredit democracy and create a fatal precedent that would eventually fragment the no-longer United States into several small, squabbling countries."

"To the question as to why Lincoln simply did not 'let the erring sisters go and depart in peace', the prospect of losing three quarters of the Federal revenue stream obviously played a major role in his decision.  Certainly, other factors contributed to the war, but as history is written by the winners, it is totally unsurprising that Northern writers latched on to the high moral issue of ending slavery, rather than more complicated  issues, which  might favor the Southern cause. For example, in September of 1862, President Lincoln announced the Emancipation Proclamation, to take effect January 1, 1863, and free slaves in those states or regions still in rebellion against the Union. If any southern state returned to the Union between September and January, whites in that state would not lose ownership of their slaves. Clearly, the federal government was more interested in regaining power over the run-away states than in freeing slaves. The Northern banner of  "Preserve the Union," might have more accurately read "Preserve the Taxes".

In conclusion, as the crisis between the North and the South reached the critical stage at Ft Sumter in April, Lincoln could have avoided war by abandoning the fort to the South Carolina government and allowing the seven succeeding states to keep their ports. True, the federal government would have had  to find sources of revenue, other than tariffs,  to avoid bankruptcy (something the war forced them to do anyway), but certainly a less costly option than the devastating war that followed."

Economic Factors Leading to the War of Northern Agression

see The Revenue Act of 1861! This was the begining of our National Debt. How did the North populate their Army? Conscription {slavery} unless you could afford the $300 to pay for a replacement ... 

Edited by solabeirtan

"The policies of substitution and commutation were controversial practices that allowed drafted citizens to opt out of service by either furnishing a suitable substitute to take the place of the drafted, or paying $300. ... These two practices were major points of contention among the general public and led directly to the slogan "rich man's war, poor man's fight."

The policy of substitutions was continued throughout the war. ..... In addition, troops furnished through substitution were considered to be of an inferior quality in comparison to regulars and volunteers.

we are one messed up country of old men

If any southern state returned to the Union between September and January, whites in that state would not lose ownership of their slaves. Clearly, the federal government was more interested in regaining power over the run-away states than in freeing slaves. The Northern banner of  "Preserve the Union," might have more accurately read "Preserve the Taxes".

more like, if we can split the enemy or make friends with the enemy via negotiating, we can end the war quicker.

but hey, if you want to try to rewrite history to support a bad flag and slavery, go right ahead.

Solabeirtan,...

That is not the reason for the civil war. That is the excuse used AFTER the civil war, and after secession to get Britain to support the south.

Did you read the actual reasons the south seceded in th eposts I put there?

It is black and white,.... literally.

Southern sympathizers have backstepped to blame the tariffs. The tariffs would not exists unless the south had already started seceding because the votes weren't there to pass it otherwise. Secession allowed passage of tariffs. Since the tariffs were on IMPORTS, it was England who perpetuated the myth because they were losing money due to the high amount of exports into the South. 

And yes,... Saving the Union meant ending slavery.  Please actually read what the states said was the reason for secession.  I posted 5 of the states declarations and one of the speeches by the vice president of the Confederacy.  The south has attempted to rewrite their atrocious reasons for 150 years now.  It wasn't the tariffs.