Whats The Fuss About Gorilla Glue? The Stuff Must Be Hi % Sativa? November Finish?

pic book

Its like the plant 'stretches' in veg, with 5 to 6 inches between nodes. And now that it has begun the actual flowering stretch the nodes are only 3-4 inches between. while the gg#4 is the same height and width as blue dream, free leonard #2, pre-1998 bubbba kush, g13, and deathstar; and just a bit smaller than skywalker, the gg#4 has nowhere near the number of budding sites of those other strains... And it doesn't respond to fimming.
Blue dream, by far the leader in budding, has buds running up and down the stems, while gorilla glue is only beginning to stretch and no buds formed yet, on august 16. Looks like a thanksgiving finish. So....
looks gorilla glue is gonna need a one-plant framed-up greenhouse to keep it warm. a more accurate name would be lagging glue.  only high sativa makess me drink a gallon of water after and gg$4 sure does.  Hi sat.

Edited by pic book

maybe ops GG isn't authentically GG ?  or maybe his grow op is subjected to different conditions than

others?  different fertilizers, light availability, ph, water quality, air quality, all could be responsible.

plant that seed, smoke that bud, now, what do you think of the quality ?

GG is good mama, and this pot prick likes it much.

you could always cull her ya know, wouldn't want you to be pizzed at it all its life  :P

Truth be told I've only grown her indoors and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. When running outdoors in MI you are at the mercy of what strains will finish here. I know of some strains that will finish in mid Sept in MI but they aren't the best quality. I'm kinda surprised people still try to grow outdoor meds in Michigan. Greenhouse yeah, light dep definitely but straight outdoor? No thanks, mother nature can be a mother...

Truth be told I've only grown her indoors and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. When running outdoors in MI you are at the mercy of what strains will finish here. I know of some strains that will finish in mid Sept in MI but they aren't the best quality. I'm kinda surprised people still try to grow outdoor meds in Michigan. Greenhouse yeah, light dep definitely but straight outdoor? No thanks, mother nature can be a mother...

If I had my way, I would grow outdoors and stock up for the winter. But, with MI laws I am not allowed the overages. So only plant a few plants outside. And yes, no electric bills.

I'll admit I'm a snob, no surprise for some of you lol. Michigan outdoor is fine for concentrates but as flower I've yet to see anything that has impressed me. Not even a little bit and not talking greenhouse here, straight outdoor..

Blackhorse, how would growing outside give you overages? Do outside plants self-devide? Would you suddenly find yourself with more than X amount of plants?

I think he meant weight overages, I grew GG I liked it but for me it was a stretcher for sure, light branches that tended to fall from the bud weight, but tied up she was great. not the best high although nothing to complain about,,, tasted real nice, flavor was a bouquet of senses, I liked it alot, and yield was in the 4-6 zip range.. real nice meds.. but I just got a cut of las vegas bubba kush.. real strong and nice flavor and is a yielder for sure... this is my first try, but if its anything like the samples i have tasted, its a keeper for sure...

Edited by Willy

Blackhorse:  This year I ended up with 3 phenos of blue dream (yah, 3) and one of them had to be tied up tied up today--august 16--due to the weight of the buds.  the other 2 phenos are also in flower since july 10, just not as quick and different morphology.  the early one has no low branches, the others many low bottom suckers for clones.

GM:   if I culled her it would leave a hole ten feet square in the garden, and I'd miss the circus of trying to heat a clear plastic tent with propane.

Willy:  light branches that fall of their own weight even way before there's any buds...on the downer list, today my pre-1998 bubba outdoors--is a boy, but indoors was a girl.  the 3 dogs, chasing, ran over it early and often...STRESS?  gonna fill the hole with a white widow in a 20-gallon smart pot, a miniature beside giants.  just plug it pot and all in the hole.  so that's why to plant direct in ground, in pot stays 1/5 the size. 

shiska:  u r a true snob and gourmet pottifer.  maybe you' like one of the 3 phenos of blue dream.   For a week I've been eating buds off the earliest flowering pheno.  by oct 13 (harvest target for blue dream) half the earliest pheno-plant will have been consumed.  an easy way to harvest and a green treat while sweating for other flowers.

KD:  prolly not due to cloning a flowered stalk but other factor(s).

• 2 weeks later...

I think he meant weight overages, I grew GG I liked it but for me it was a stretcher for sure, light branches that tended to fall from the bud weight, but tied up she was great. not the best high although nothing to complain about,,, tasted real nice, flavor was a bouquet of senses, I liked it alot, and yield was in the 4-6 zip range.. real nice meds.. but I just got a cut of las vegas bubba kush.. real strong and nice flavor and is a yielder for sure... this is my first try, but if its anything like the samples i have tasted, its a keeper for sure...

I really liked the taste of that vegas cut,  made my mouth water literally. 

• 10 months later...

My gorilla Glue's are coming in like crazy.  a tree compared to many in my herd. Very large buds, caution to mold sufferers. Mine were indoors all their life. The ones grounded to the earth finished nicely in 65 while the others are taking a little longer to fully express.

mine do look similar to the pic (fargo=baybhuey maybe?), maybe I'll snap a shot or two after the weekend of mine. She's huge, tight, good smell, nice appeal, no complaints. Not a negative but the taste and effects are making me only desire more chemdawgs, my  pure ones. Had I sampled this one and never new a real chem.....gg4 would have been on my top 5, but....she didnt make my top 10 this time around, and thats what it takes to stay in my garden full time. I'll likely revisit her another time, you never know, new day, new life, different effects.

"Strain: Gorilla Glue #4
Photo Credit: BayBHuey   http://darkheartnursery.com/strains/gorilla-glue-4/
Comments: this is an amazing plant that produces a ton of juicy resinous bud...she definately needs to be topped,LST or what have you...this gal will be a staple in my garden for a long while

BayBHuey_GG4.jpg

I must concur. Although I'm still a bit wet behind the ears as far as growing the stuff (Hydro pun????), from a connoisseur's consumer standpoint, I have YET to find ANY outdoor grown strain that tickled my fancy. Atleast not grown here in Michigan, that is. And yes, here in Michigan, not Mexico. Quality reigns supreme for me!! Edited by Alleyenoisdope

[quote name="grassmatch" post="559316" timestamp="1468508422". The ones grounded to the earth finished nicely in 65 while the others are taking a little longer to fully express.

Hey gm, I noted your comment re "grounded". First time? I was going to exp. with grounding some plants this time, but ...

What can you tell us about it? Is "finishing on time" connected? Any diff in qty, quality, taste, etc.?

[quote name="grassmatch" post="559316" timestamp="1468508422". The ones grounded to the earth finished nicely in 65 while the others are taking a little longer to fully express.

Hey gm, I noted your comment re "grounded". First time? I was going to exp. with grounding some plants this time, but ...

What can you tell us about it? Is "finishing on time" connected? Any diff in qty, quality, taste, etc.?

Electroculture

I gave up trying to figure out what the deal is, but I still keep half of the flowering plants grounded and half not. Seems to me grounding allows for a healthier existence, while that probably accounts for overall funs of doing it. Anecdotal is all, really just an experiment turned habit. I detect no differences in finished product only the growing one.   The grounded flowers on the gg showed a slight difference in finish time, but grounding is no way a means to expedite the finish. There are no tricks I know of to accomplish this, except maybe some ruderalis genes in the mix, and even then, only marginal time gains ime.

The grounded ones do show slightly different brix readings throughout flower, possibly indicating  metabolic differences?  Really the only reason to try this is for the experience, not the results imo.  wires are a pita in the grow room, adjusting plants for this is too. I move my plants around the room often and this does hinder my activities.

I think more differences might be seen when growing in hydro. There is an electric current running through the res when using submersible pumps ime, and this current will affect growth and health. Not sure how, or what to do with it or against it, but it is detectable. Increasing the currents will  affect growth patterns at minimal ime. My plants will grow taller and faster(not flower any faster though) when "charged". electrical fields around plants will show similar. Not sure though of health or if I would suggest it. My ion generator shows promise in my Electroculture experiments, but I still dont turn it loose in the garden yet. I run one inside of a tent for the fun of it, and the differences are noticeable, again, I have no idea why nor do I care much anymore, just for fun.

Tissue culture callus will respond to volts of electricity in all kinds of cool ways, none of which will ever result in faster flowering I think, but some freaky aliens instead.   Electricity is used to revive long dead tissue samples, maybe one day I'll be able to sprout a plant from a bagged bud.

peace

• 3 weeks later...

Found one gorilla glue seed and saved it. Germinated the seed and plant was growing great (5' tall and was planted the first of July).

Yesterday was checking the plants and saw all these small pods all over. Sure enough, the plant is male!

Chopped it down and destroyed a beautiful plant.

With the possibility of moving, did not take any clones from plants earlier.

Like the GG plants and will get more later.

• 7 months later...