Whats The Fuss About Gorilla Glue? The Stuff Must Be Hi % Sativa? November Finish?

pic book

After spending all this money up front to become "legal commercial grows", aren't they still susceptible to the Feds to come swooping in, shut them down & take all those nice new Gavita's?

Probably not while they are following state medical rules. If they ever get a shot at recreational, years from now, maybe then the feds might swoop down. All depending on who wins the next elections. The federal government accepts medical right now but doesn't accept recreational as legal even if it's legal in the states, as they have said publicly just recently(AG). 

That's my worry. When they discover that the millions aren't rolling in the way they expected will they blame it on caregiver/personal grows and then try to legislate to force the market to go to commercial interests?

This IS an attempt to force the market to go to commercial interests. Caregivers have been here years prior, have weathered immense resistance, and have pride of place.Commercial ventures know that full well. Watching them twist in the breeze because they bought into a ridiculous failure would be satisfying to watch. We are a known quantity. If they discount that they were unaware, it is their, not our, doing. They might be expected to carp and whine about us, but that is nothing more than sour grapes, and we can effectively argue that with little effort. Edited by GregS

How about some examples from caregivers how much their typical patients buy per month.

Not the ones swinging down the line,... how much your typical patient actually buys.

An ounce a month average is a generous expectation in my experience, and that counts patients with very serious debilitating conditions.

The funny thing will be when their own marijuana starts leaking out into the "black market" in search of higher profit margins than they can get from selling (or not selling) to processors and provisioning centers.

I think you are on to something here, but i believe thats what the state wants to happen. That way they can say the home growers need to be regulated more. And that all product must be purchased threw a state regulated store. They will intentionally do this to make things look bad to the public imo...

My point of being a sell out which not sure why was deleted. If we didn't have caregivers so ready to forget about compassion and run to be part of a commercial grow. Maybe us caregivers would have a better chance of sticking around. But since so many people want pursue large scale grows it's gunna be hard for us to have a voice. Like was stated the people running these grows are already rich. Friends in high places. They don't like competition. We as caregivers are their biggest threat to staying afloat. Without us their business would do alot better.

My point of being a sell out which not sure why was deleted. If we didn't have caregivers so ready to forget about compassion and run to be part of a commercial grow. Maybe us caregivers would have a better chance of sticking around. But since so many people want pursue large scale grows it's gunna be hard for us to have a voice. Like was stated the people running these grows are already rich. Friends in high places. They don't like competition. We as caregivers are their biggest threat to staying afloat. Without us their business would do alot better.

Excellent point. Your post is still there, was not deleted. 

I think what is happening, which has been happening since the beginning of the law, is that some caregivers thought they would have an easy job and make a lot of money. Those folks are still looking for that job. They are not happy doing actual work for a small amount of money, not something you can easily live off of, let alone get rich. So we get the disgruntled here commenting often. They come in waves as these 'new ideas' get floated out there. The grass is always greener ..... money fo nothin'.

Excellent point. Your post is still there, was not deleted. 

I think what is happening, which has been happening since the beginning of the law, is that some caregivers thought they would have an easy job and make a lot of money. Those folks are still looking for that job. They are not happy doing actual work for a small amount of money, not something you can easily live off of, let alone get rich. So we get the disgruntled here commenting often. They come in waves as these 'new ideas' get floated out there. The grass is always greener ..... money fo nothin'.

Interesting take on it.

I think what is happening, which has been happening since the beginning of the law, is that some caregivers found they did have an enjoyable job and have been making a lot of money. Those folks don't want to lose that job. They are happy doing actual work they love for a pretty decent amount of money, certainly something they have been able to live off. So you get anxious people here commenting often...

Money fo nothin'? Naw just looking to continue growing cannabis for a living.

Interesting take on it.

I think what is happening, which has been happening since the beginning of the law, is that some caregivers found they did have an enjoyable job and have been making a lot of money. Those folks don't want to lose that job. They are happy doing actual work they love for a pretty decent amount of money, certainly something they have been able to live off. So you get anxious people here commenting often...

Maybe you can explain how caregivers would 'lose that job'?

That's the con job Pinconning is trying to sell, restricting caregivers when the new grow tracking law comes out. 

Are your fears of losing your caregiver job coming from these con jobs by municipalities or from some other source?

If they do a good enough job scaring people then I'm sure our numbers will be depleted. Depleted numbers is depleted strength.

Passing the word around that we will be defeated is a self fulfilling prophecy. In all essence, it's working to be defeated. 

Edited by Restorium2

If a caregiver was selling to a few dispensaries that will soon have invasive seed to sale tracking you could see how they might feel squeezed.

I don't look at it like that. I look at it as trying to shut home grows down. If they were selling to a dispensary they will have no problem selling to the black market. Both have the same risks. Our job as a caregiver is to supply our registered patients with the highest quality meds.

Interesting take on it.

If a caregiver was selling to a few dispensaries that will soon have invasive seed to sale tracking you could see how they might feel squeezed.

Let's be completely honest. What you are doing isn't just caregiving. You are using caregiving to divert to the black market so you can make more money. You need to keep your anonymous grow to be able to keep doing what you want to do(as you say). So you really are cutting your own throat with this new adventure. You are buying into law enforcement's venture to stop you. Exactly you. You are the drone they are looking for. You are why we are being flogged with this seed to sale tracking.  You are the cause and now you want to help them with that. While the caregivers that are not making all that money you are making are pleading with you now to open your eyes and save yourself and quit selling us out. 

I don't look at it like that. I look at it as trying to shut home grows down. If they were selling to a dispensary they will have no problem selling to the black market. Both have the same risks. Our job as a caregiver is to supply our registered patients with the highest quality meds.

Dispensaries are and have been the black market.

I love listening to these past dispensary owners complaining about the black market.

attachicon.gifhang.gif

Well I guess we now have two black markets. The carded black market and the rec(uncarded)black market. Of coarse the big money move is to sell to the non-carded as they will pay a premium to not be on a state registry. I've played that game since the 80's, I'm tired of it. I would rather know my flowers go to carded patients.

As the kids say, don't hate the player, hate the game.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had my way, I would grow outdoors and stock up for the winter. But, with MI laws I am not allowed the overages. So only plant a few plants outside. And yes, no electric bills.

A caregiver is allowed to have a so called inventory called a reasonable amount for the uninterrupted supply of medicine for your patients. If patient 1 medicated 1 oz. a week a crop takes say 8 weeks veg 8 weeks bloom you can have 16 oz in reserve for that patient as sec. 8 states of the mmmp law. I keep a log of each patients use in case the azz wipes try and say you can only have 2.5 per patient which is only when transporting medicine NOT the reasonable amount for uninterrupted supply you can have saved for your patients.

A caregiver is allowed to have a so called inventory called a reasonable amount for the uninterrupted supply of medicine for your patients. If patient 1 medicated 1 oz. a week a crop takes say 8 weeks veg 8 weeks bloom you can have 16 oz in reserve for that patient as sec. 8 states of the mmmp law. I keep a log of each patients use in case the azz wipes try and say you can only have 2.5 per patient which is only when transporting medicine NOT the reasonable amount for uninterrupted supply you can have saved for your patients.

I'm not sure you're looking at this correctly. 

Section 4 limits possession to 2.5 oz. per patient.  Section 8 allows possession of any amount if you prove is wasn't more than enough for an uninterrupted supply.

Neither section draws a distinction between how much you can possess vs. a different amount you can transport. 

If you as the CG have the needed proof to support possession of 16 oz. of meds for the patient, the same proof would support you transporting 16 oz. to the patient and would support the patient possessing 16 oz. of meds.

I wouldn't call someone an azzwipe for advising staying within Section 4 (2.5 oz. possessed per patient).  If you have to assert a Section 8 defense, this means you have been arrested, possibly had some of your stuff seized, jailed and/or bailed, paid for attorney's fees....and you still haven't had your day in court, let alone a positive outcome.  Smart people, not azzwipes, try to help others understand how to avoid such outcomes.