Hello Everybody

Finally thought Id say hi to everyone. I have been around for awhile in our lovely mmj comunity. Posted in the past through some of the other online forums. Im always creating and hunting for new strains but still love running the clone only strains.

Ill be happy to help where i can and excited to learn where i can.

-J

I propose their is no such thing as a "clone only" cultivar unless a terminator gene has been inserted(gmo) to produce non viable seed.

ANY cannabis plant can be induced to produce seed and many do this without a coach on their own in late flower.   If stuck with a "clone only" a quick trip to the grow store,

some chems, or patience for the long flower, and seeds will be  bountiful in no time.

what's in your garden these days? :P

Clone only is just one of the terms thats used in the industry. Maybe i should have stated that differently.

I agree grassmatch that seeds can/have/will be made of them. I just have never seen a s1 that is exactly the same as the parents. Theoretically it should be the same I just havent experienced that yet in my years.

As far as the cuts that i have Ive been through several but currently have my hands on ECSD, Silver Mountain, Dr. Who, Master Yoda, Ken's GDP,Krome's The White, Astro dawg, and a couple of my own creation. I believe variety is the spice of life and without a wide gene pool to select from my medical goals for myself and patients would be harder to achieve.

seeds are the combo of genetics, which are ancient, and prone to pop up anomalies all the time. Other factors like air borne spores, bacteria, virus', and pathogens, jus like humans, our downline is ever changing. Every virus cold we contract performs permanent changes in our genome. good/Bad? who knows, but it happens. Same with plants. agrobacterium is a rascal within living plants. This is the bacteria  that facilitates genetic/viral/bacterium infection of living organisms, including plants, animals and more. google Morgellons for more on human transformations.

Cultured plants are sterile, with no bacteria/virus to pass on. In vitro breeding will eliminate outside influence, at least until the plant is released into the garden.

Cultured "artificial seeds" are optional also. I have many in use, some stored, and some just "popping" 

To demonstrate the "genetic drift" occurrence I clone from a clone often times several hundred times a year for about two years before I notice any issues in the line. Usually a diminished yield, health alarms, etc, and sometimes nothing at all. I cancel the line and begin with a fresh cultured "seed" or explant.  Unsterile cloning tools, dirty plants, dirty are, and most often an infected knife/scissors are used, becoming an infection vector. In a way all of our mj plants are recombinant genes today in the garden. We don't know yet what common gardening chemicals, municipal water chems etc do to the genetic stability of cannabis plants to boot.  

I recall margarine was going to save all of our lives too, and then "they" were wrong once again. I aint claiming nothing except that "Googling" provides lots of information on plant/animal integrations, such as the purported Morgellons disease. It used to be called "The Match Box" disease, as patients would bring in strange fibers in a match box to their doctors for examinations. The only treatment offered to patients until recent have been antidepressants, like many other "dis-eases" are prescribed for.

the largest concentration of the "strange fibers growing from the skin" is said to be in Russia, for miles surrounding a plant engineering facility. The place specifically produces designer gmo plants  that are capable of doing many things, producing many things like drugs, fuel, bio weapons, and more.  There is also talk of the GMO plants being less than healthy for us and cattle too. Commercial cattle farms are overcome with this same/similar disease of the skin of cattle. This is one reason for antibiotics, manual stomach clearing and such.

Agrobacterium is used almost exclusively to GMO plants, like corn and soy beans and wheat etc. The bulk of cattle food is GMO crops/trim. It is known that the agrobacterium vector, used to carry transgenic genes into the genetic chain of dna for the purpose of changing/enhancing a genome, is not always killed by the stomach acids of mammals.

the affected people, along with the Russian areas, are tested positive for elevated (plant) growth hormones, such cytokins. these hormones are also found elevated in commercial cattle infected with a "skin dis-ease) yet not in naturally grazing cattle. countries not using gmo crops to feed their cattle do not report issues as  those who do.

I claim to know little of the worldly goings on, but I do know that if it can be imagined, we humans are the only animals to manifest the reality. We are up to some very slimy goings on in our past, and this reeks of slimy goings on to me. Some things are way over my head and I choose to not believe them either. but in the back of my head.......I've seen much worse things done by humans to other humans, and this one is small in comparison. Everything online that has been said is also fairly debunked on the next google search. I suspect those infected are not feeling debunked yet. You be the judge of course. but googling it does show some strange human anomalies. The same said dis-ease of fibers has been seen once in the past on mummified remains of ancient. The tell tale criss cross of fibers showed up in the skull of a corpse supposedly. They were curiously developed into the bone and provided superior UV protection, blunt force armor and more . but then again, their is a VW KombiVan on Mars right...

Has Morgellons not been thoroughly debunked and identified as a delusion? Are you trying to attribute a fake disease to human genetic drift from catching a cold? I'd like to hear more of this crazy bunny muffin.

I recall margarine was going to save all of our lives too, and then "they" were wrong once again. I aint claiming nothing except that "Googling" provides lots of information on plant/animal integrations, such as the purported Morgellons disease. It used to be called "The Match Box" disease, as patients would bring in strange fibers in a match box to their doctors for examinations. The only treatment offered to patients until recent have been antidepressants, like many other "dis-eases" are prescribed for.

the largest concentration of the "strange fibers growing from the skin" is said to be in Russia, for miles surrounding a plant engineering facility. The place specifically produces designer gmo plants  that are capable of doing many things, producing many things like drugs, fuel, bio weapons, and more.  There is also talk of the GMO plants being less than healthy for us and cattle too. Commercial cattle farms are overcome with this same/similar disease of the skin of cattle. This is one reason for antibiotics, manual stomach clearing and such.

Agrobacterium is used almost exclusively to GMO plants, like corn and soy beans and wheat etc. The bulk of cattle food is GMO crops/trim. It is known that the agrobacterium vector, used to carry transgenic genes into the genetic chain of dna for the purpose of changing/enhancing a genome, is not always killed by the stomach acids of mammals.

the affected people, along with the Russian areas, are tested positive for elevated (plant) growth hormones, such cytokins. these hormones are also found elevated in commercial cattle infected with a "skin dis-ease) yet not in naturally grazing cattle. countries not using gmo crops to feed their cattle do not report issues as  those who do.

I claim to know little of the worldly goings on, but I do know that if it can be imagined, we humans are the only animals to manifest the reality. We are up to some very slimy goings on in our past, and this reeks of slimy goings on to me. Some things are way over my head and I choose to not believe them either. but in the back of my head.......I've seen much worse things done by humans to other humans, and this one is small in comparison. Everything online that has been said is also fairly debunked on the next google search. I suspect those infected are not feeling debunked yet. You be the judge of course. but googling it does show some strange human anomalies. The same said dis-ease of fibers has been seen once in the past on mummified remains of ancient. The tell tale criss cross of fibers showed up in the skull of a corpse supposedly. They were curiously developed into the bone and provided superior UV protection, blunt force armor and more . but then again, their is a VW KombiVan on Mars right...

I like acid because it opens visions and sensations of all and everything as a single whole.

I saw God man.

Clone only is just one of the terms thats used in the industry. Maybe i should have stated that differently.

I agree grassmatch that seeds can/have/will be made of them. I just have never seen a s1 that is exactly the same as the parents. Theoretically it should be the same I just havent experienced that yet in my years.

The term 'clone only' is applied to a strain that had the S1 back crossed to the mother many many times without success in creating an exact match. Only honest breeders that are willing to admit failure used the term. You don't see many honest breeders or breeders admitting failure so the term is fading away. There are still many real 'clone only' strains out there. Nothing has changed other than the people reporting and their honesty. 

Keep in mind that anyone can claim successfully making perfect seeds that came from a clone only strain. All it takes is a key board these days. Be all you can be on the 'net'. Reality is still the same, some strains are 'clone only'. 

Intersting stuff there grassmatch. I knew you could make synthetic seeds to carry on the genetics its just nice to hear its being used......I just love science.

Would love to dive deeper into that brain of yours sometime.

Here is Granny's directions from 420mag .

The stuff is ancient history really, and easily performed from a grow store shelf these days. Some growers still cannot root cuttings,some here even admit to not being able to bring a cannabis plant to harvest.....don't let that sway your heart in the craft. All things are possible, and selfing is age old tech. The drawback is you'll only get some of what the mom is bred for true. It might take a few generations to get back to the true breeding genetics targeted. An understanding of a Punnets Square is essential to grasp the generational target movement. Most grow bibles explain in detail the history of selfing, the ups and downs, and even the old hit or miss techniques used by the hippies. Today there is no hit or miss though, every gen F cannabis plant can be made to produce seeds without another plant present , and those will be 100% female. yep. done it lots. many here do to. Those old cats used to stick pins in the stalks, use heaters, red lamps, all kinds of weird stuff.

check out google for 10,000 other folks in the grow world making their own delicious female seeds every day from a single female plant, regardless of its name, with a few spritz's of a bottle.

How to Use Colloidal Silver to Produce Feminized Seeds

Since professional growers produce feminized seeds, I decided to research how they did it. There were a few different ways suggested, but the one that interested me the most was using colloidal silver. Some articles said this is the main way seed growers develop feminized seeds and/or "self" the plant.

HOW TO USE COLLOIDAL SILVER TO PRODUCE FEMINIZED SEEDS

A very basic description of colloidal silver and it's actions: It is a solution of pure silver particles suspended in distilled water. It is often taken orally for health benefits (easy to purchase). When used on marijuana plants, it inhibits ethylene production needed (and normally produced) by the plant to produce female flowers, thus forcing the plant to produce male pollen sacs instead. Since there are no male chromosomes, the pollen is female (listed in many places as 99.99% female) and will produce female seeds.

CAUTION: First be completely aware that any part of a plant that you spray with colloidal silver IS NOT SAFE FOR CONSUMPTION (smoking or ingesting). The pollen created is completely safe to use and all seeds created with that pollen are safe.

BE SAFE!!! For this reason, I highly recommend using a complete plant (small clone or plant) to produce your pollen. Separate this plant from all other plants so you do not get colloidal silver spray on any consumable plants.

What you will need:

1) Colloidal Silver (CS) Spray (at least 40 ppm and pure - not too strong either!) and a spray bottle. I purchased Bio-Silver Ultra Colloidal Silver 50 ppm online and it worked.

2) One female plant to turn male. From seed or clone doesn't matter - but it should be the best looking female with all the characteristics that matter to you, since it will be used as a parent for your seeds. This can be a small plant in a small pot.

3) One female plant to pollinate. You can pollinate just a few flowers on a branch (do not use bottom flowers because they may not produce finished seeds), an entire branch, or the entire plant.

The day before you change your light cycle to 12/12, you will begin to thoroughly mist all new growth areas with the CS spray on the plant you wish to turn male. Repeat this at least once daily until you see male pods forming (use magnifying glass to watch closely - approximately 10 to 21 days). If the plant begins developing flowers quickly (as with auto-flowering strains), spray 2 to 3 times daily (dependent upon the plant's tolerance of the solution) until you see male pollen sacs forming where female flowers were developing). Once daily is the recommendation unless otherwise needed. Be sure to store your CS in a dark place between uses as light can degrade the CS solution. AND REMEMBER TO AVOID SPRAY TOUCHING CONSUMABLE PLANTS!!!

Once you are sure male sacs are developing, separate this male plant from your females to avoid accidental pollination. I simply took my female-turned-male plant to a different room with no air movement and let it survive on window light. A closet with a CFL would do nicely too. Heat and moisture are pollen killers, so avoid hot or moist areas.

Once male sacs begin to develop on the plant, it will be a bit of time before the majority of the sacs open to release pollen. With the auto strain I did, it was about 2 weeks, but this time varies with different strains. Don't disturb this plant (no air flow) and simply wait for numerous pollen sacs to open. Even the slightest air draft carries the pollen adrift... but it also makes it so very easy to collect too! When numerous pollen sacs are open, a gentle tap makes the pollen easy to collect on any clean smooth surface like glass or a mirror. It will be slightly yellowish in color. Use immediately, or dry and freeze for later use.

Need I say it is very important to change clothes and wash yourself completely before re-entering your flowering room!!! Pollen is very small and clings to clothing, hair, etc very easily.

Now, if you prepared ahead, you will also have a female plant flowering very nicely by the time you have your pollen. Isolate the plant, or branch, and pollinate. This info isn't geared towards detailed pollination methods, so please check other sources for that information. I used a Q-tip and tapped it gently over the flowers I wanted to pollinate.

Allow the female plant (or branch) adequate time to finish producing viable seed. If you take her early, your seeds will not be viable. The time needed for viable seeds varies with different strains and can range from 3 to 6 weeks with an average of 4 to 5 weeks.

Wah-lah... you now have feminized seeds... at least that's what the info said SHOULD happen!

Last... my own experience...

Before deciding to try colloidal silver, I had already purchased 10 regular (not feminized) auto-flowering seeds because I wanted to be able to have male pollen to use to create my own seeds. After planting those seeds, I got to reading about CS and decided to try this too.

Nine out of ten seeds came up. My biggest concerns were that I couldn't simply start spraying the day before light change because I didn't have feminized seeds and the strain is auto-flowering. I knew I would have to wait until the plants showed their sex and worried it wouldn't work because I couldn't start it soon enough and autoflowering plants go direct into flowering once they preflower.

I ended up with 5 females and 4 males. I watched closely for preflowers and identified the females as quickly as I could. I saved the two best males in case the CS didn't work. I did find out it is very easy to collect pollen with those first males... and I did pollinate a female just to assure I would have seeds and the CS procedure wasn't finished by the time the true males pollen was.

I took the largest and best looking female and began to spray her once daily as soon as she clearly showed preflowers. But since this is an auto flowering plant, she began to grow small hairy flowers in the first few days. I increased to spraying the new growth areas (basically small flowers beginning in all nodes) to 2 to 3 times daily for the next 10 days, but this solution is pretty hard on the plant. When I began to feel I was seeing changes (looking at thru 20x magnifying glass), I decreased to once daily again for the remainder of the 21 days it took to have this lil lady turn male.

She put up a good fight. She kept shooting out hairs everywhere and I kept spraying them, which ultimately killed them and turned those female pods into male sacs. I am not at all concerned about hermie traits because she was definitely all girl being forced to grow balls. But balls she did grow in the end! I will also say, her leaves were shriveled pretty bad and her growth was definitely stunted with this procedure - but she ended up giving me all the pollen I would ever need for this strain.

Since it worked with an auto-flowering strain, I have now taken 2 clones from each of the non-auto strains I have vegging (I prefer pure strains, not cross-strains). I will use one to create a small male and the other as a small female to flower. Won't need to put them in anything but small pots, won't take up too much room, can remove from the room easily for safe pollination... and will sure give me nice returns with pure strains seeds I can pop anytime I want!!!

I hope others find this useful too - because I am in no way a professional!! If I can do it, so can others! "

Im very familiar with cs, and other techniques of reversing a strain to produce female seeds. I just prefer regular seeds or cuts. Not saying that it dosent make good seed stock I just have seen/ heard of inter-sex traits showing up more easily with cs made feminised seeds. Most have great success I just find the offspring are not able to deal with stress as easy without popping male flowers.

-J