Booby Trap Your Grow? Maybe Not...

Indigro

My home is my kingdom, so yea its legal to shoot an intruder in the middle of the night in my kingdom!  :watching:

I dont need to see a gun or anything, if some one who dont belong in my house gets shot, I bet I wouldnt go to jail or even get charged, unless of course the person was a dif color or cread than me, than I would get accused of profiling!

Peace

any legal beagles on this ? i am not one of them but Imo killing someone ant easy if someone has not done it before i guess killing comes a lot easier the more you kill 

is it legal to kill an unarmed burglar rummaging through your jewelry at midnight in your home in MI ? Imo it is hard to see at midnight = Dark so someone may not know if the burglar is or isn't armed or not until they are lying on the floor

Michigan adopted "The Castle Law" a few years ago.   768.21c Use of deadly force by individual in own dwelling; "dwelling" defined.

(1) In cases in which section 2 of the self-defense act does not apply, the common law of this state applies except that the duty to retreat before using deadly force is not required if an individual is in his or her own dwelling or within the curtilage of that dwelling.

(2) As used in this section, "dwelling" means a structure or shelter that is used permanently or temporarily as a place of abode, including an appurtenant structure attached to that structure or shelter.

But this Guy needs to stay off TV , shut up & lawyer up.

Edited by Bon Scott

and don't forget to save up for the ensuing civil suit lodged by the perpetrators family. Sums have been paid to burglars and their families in this way.

"Essentially, deadly force is only authorized in self-defense when preventing: great bodily harm that could lead death, death, or rape (known modernly in Miichigan as sexual assault.)"   excerpt from http://www.ammoland.com/2009/08/michigans-castle-doctrine-law-and-you/#ixzz3mUIYeOw4

MCL 780.951 (Public Act 311 of 2006) states:

“(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), it is a rebuttable presumption in a civil or criminal case that an individual who uses deadly force or force other than deadly force under section 2 of the self-defense act has an honest and reasonable belief that imminent death of, sexual assault of, or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another individual will occur if both of the following apply:

(a) The individual against whom deadly force or force other than deadly force is used is in the process of breaking and entering a dwelling or business premises or committing home invasion or has broken and entered a dwelling or business premises or committed home invasion and is still present in the dwelling or business premises, or is unlawfully attempting to remove another individual from a dwelling, business premises, or occupied vehicle against his or her will.

(b) The individual using deadly force or force other than deadly force honestly and reasonably believes that the individual is engaging in conduct described in subdivision (a).”

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2009/08/michigans-castle-doctrine-law-and-you/#ixzz3mUInJcIe

Edited by grassmatch

Those are wrongful death suits. If the shot perp survives, he might try to sue you himself. I don't know which one is looked at more favorably in court: is suing more successful if the perp dies and his family sues you, or if the perp is only injured, and sues you himself.

Someone I know carries his pistol (with concealed carry permit and "one in the chamber") everywhere, even to church. He says that if he is convicted of shooting someone to protect his life or the life of a loved one, then that's fine: he'll serve the time because he survived to serve his prison sentence. He figures if he doesn't shoot, he may loose more than merely going to jail.

So, don't hesitate after your pistol is out of the holster. Likewise, don't draw your pistol unless you plan to use it.

What the cops practice saying (if only under their breath) is, "I used deadly force to stop the threat, not to kill. I kept firing until the the threat stopped.", thus diminishing a life taken to a threat stopped.

he let fire contact solvents sadly !! man oh man....he's been at this a long time....I wish I knew exactly what went wrong.

I had numerous discussions with this member before, including the need for anyone making an MJ extraction to be certified in HazMat and have a fume hood with intrinsically safe equipment. In addition, I tried to caution people that there are two general forms of naphtha- light naphtha and heavy naphtha, and that if you use heavy naphtha, you'll boil away the THC before you boil away the petroleum compounds.

The response on May 20, 2013:

"You are teaching people to blow themselves up"

It might be a good learning experience for people to read the entire discussion

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/43174-need-help-grandpa-has-cancer/?hl=+you%20+are%20+teaching%20+people%20+to%20+blow%20+themselves%20+up

I had numerous discussions with this member before, including the need for anyone making an MJ extraction to be certified in HazMat and have a fume hood with intrinsically safe equipment. In addition, I tried to caution people that there are two general forms of naphtha- light naphtha and heavy naphtha, and that if you use heavy naphtha, you'll boil away the THC before you boil away the petroleum compounds.

The response on May 20, 2013:

"You are teaching people to blow themselves up"

It might be a good learning experience for people to read the entire discussion

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/43174-need-help-grandpa-has-cancer/?hl=+you%20+are%20+teaching%20+people%20+to%20+blow%20+themselves%20+up

not sure how much help the thread can be with upset like that, but thanks for the share, I don't recall that one.

naptha for cannabis extractions without a rotational evaporator is foolish. There are no short cuts, just fools and their follies.

If boiling off volatile solvent fumes into the air is part of someones tutorial I'll have nothing to do with it. Cheap simple no brainer tools exist today that negate the whole warming plate/evaporating/blasting/fumes/danger/environmental discharge.

I could see how pure profits/savings would influence a person to cut corners and take risks with patients' medicine, but I don't like it.

What do you want to be legal?  Growing or bear traps?  either way it will never stop thieve's from stealing your grow if they find out it is there!

Do you actualy think just because they make growing legal it will stop lying fricking lazy arse thieve's?

Wake up bro, only law abiding citizens obey the laws,,,,,,,,,,,there will always be thieve's!

Bear traps and bombs is not a good idea, shall we just shoot them when they trespass?

Peace

both i guess. booby traps would maybe at least take some of these criminals out of the gene pool. i'm not advocating for bear traps or booby traps though, i'm just having a laugh. like they say, the gun most likely to shoot or kill you is YOUR OWN GUN. derp.

i mean, to follow your logic, nothing should be a crime because there will always be criminals. lulz.

peace jimbo peace.

Police in Detroit arrested a man they say set up booby traps to protect his marijuana-growing operation.

They say a man stepped on one of those traps and set it off Sunday morning.

The explosion left him with scratches but he will be okay.

A bomb squad later found more explosives near a house in the area.

The man does have a license to grow marijuana, but police say he was growing much more than he was allowed.

http://www.9and10news.com/story/30079808/detroit-man-arrested-for-using-explosives-to-protect-marijuana-growing-operation

A friend of mine got murdered in cold blood over his crop outdoor thought cash was in the house.kicked his front door in which is right around the block. Im done for im goin to prison and i know it. All thiefs do is get high and sell what we worked hard to grow and we get the blame for it getting stolen if he got caught sellin and it matched my stuff i go to jail either way it isnt hard for them to kill me or get someone while thier outside

I have an almost 3 year old im leaving behind because i stood up to dangerous people that were already there and know what they were commin for i have cameras. By the time i get out my old donkey parents wont be alive and my kid will be grown. Never was in trouble. I have already been beaten on my porch 2010 from robbers i got the dents in my skull to prove it tbi contusions concussions all in my records i have headaches all the time legitly high blood pressure hurts my head i cant function correctly half the time eye pains and have to deal with a fed case. By tge time this is overwith imma have a stroke or heart attack