Nanners In The Canopy?

medmanmike

Are these what I think they are??  Green Crack, 62 days, new pistils forming daily, trichomes mostly clear.  Looks like they're hermie-ing a bit.  3-4 "flowers" on the top of each cola,  I wanted to let these go another week, but now I'm not so sure.  Also have 6 other ladies in various stages of flowering.  

I've read that:  1) this late in the game, let them (the nanners go) - though I'm concerned about the ladies in mid flower.  and, 2) remove the nanners with sterilized twizzters while spraying with water. (supposedly the water sterilizes the pollen??)  Any advice will be appreciated.

IMG 1687

IMG 1688

IMG 1690

if the trichs are cloudy kill it and smoke it.

If not, kill it and feed the rabbits

If you wait until the pollen shows up, the medicinal effects are negatively altered imo.

If its an important genetic to you clone it now, pinch off the flowers and apply Reverse to stop the confusion forever, and save the line.

If you have others not in flower yet applying Reverse to those will stop their confusion also. Reverse is plant lipids that block the hormonal confusion.

I've used it one time in 09 and still run a clone of a clone on that line with no issues.

sorry this happened in your garden(b'stard light flicking breeders) :P

Edited by grassmatch

I have had some strains that got nanners on top. I usually just flower them out. Never really had a problem. Once in a while I will find a seed here and there. Sometimes with the same strain, next grow, no nanners at all. I get most concerned when I see male flowers at the bottom of the plant, hiding, waiting... Those have opened up on me, but still, just a seed here and there.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. On the advice of a well respected grower, Doc Bud, over at 420magazine.com, I opted for the following:

Covered the offending plant with a large, clear, plastic bag. Pulled off one of the nanners and inspected it for pollen. Hard to know for sure, but there appeared to be some (small grains of a yellowish powder). Whether it is viable or not, who knows?

(Doc said that often the nanners that appear this late in the game, especially those at the top of the plant, don't produce any pollen, or are not viable)

However, based on what I observed, there appeared to be some pollen, and not wanting to take any chances, I followed Doc's advice. First, I drenched the plant -inside the plastic bag- with a foliar spray that's part of Doc's nute kit (could have used water instead). Then, Removed the bag and chopped the plant. Finally, I drenched the remaining plants (7) with the foliar spray, which should neutralize any stray pollen that escaped.

I did a thorough inspection of the remaining plants and did not find one nanner on any of them. Hopefully, it was just the one plant that hermied a bit, and none of the others were pollinated.

I'll provide a followup in a few days. Thanks again.