Dr Eden Wells And Flint's Poisoned Water

This thing stinks to high heaven. I wonder how nasty the cover-up will get?

Some of the perps are not professional criminals like Snyder and Schuette and will not stand up under federal questioning. Get the guys from the plants, Flint AND Detroit, in the hot seat and it's all over. That DEQ guy is going to cave too. The one I would like to see go down is Schuette. He was The Coach all through this. 

Just in case anyone might be interested: Rachel Maddow did a Town Hall type meeting in Flint today at the Brownell STEP school, unfortunately it was invitation only, so I couldn't get in.  Oh well...  anyway the show will air here at 9:00 pm on MSNBC -Charter ch#738 HD or #58 on the low side.

It might be interesting.

more later...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-moore/do-not-send-us-bottles-of-water-revolt_b_9089592.html

Do Not Send Us Bottles of Water. Instead, Join Us in a Revolt

Many of you have contacted me wanting to know how you can help the people of Flint with the two-year long tragedy of drinking water contaminated by the radical decisions made by the Governor of Michigan. The offer is much appreciated by those who are suffering through this and who have not drank a glass of unpoisoned water since April of 2014.

Unfortunately, the honest answer to your offer of help is, sadly, you can't.

You can't help.

The reason you can't help is that you cannot reverse the irreversible brain damage that has been inflicted upon every single child in Flint. The damage is permanent. There is no medicine you can send, no doctor or scientist who has any way to undo the harm done to thousands of babies, toddlers and children (not to mention their parents). They are ruined for life, and someone needs to tell you the truth about that. They will, forever, suffer from various neurological impediments, their IQs will be lowered by at least 20 points, they will not do as well in school and, by the time they reach adolescence, they will exhibit various behavioral problems that will land a number of them in trouble, and some of them in jail.

That is what we know about the history of lead poisoning when you inflict it upon a child. It is a life sentence. In Flint, they've already ingested it for these two years, and the toll has already been taken on their developing brains. No check you write, no truckloads of Fiji Water or Poland Spring, will bring their innocence or their health back to normal.

It's done. And it was done knowingly, enacted by a political decision from a governor and a political party charged by the majority of Michigan's citizens who elected them to cut taxes for the rich, take over majority-black cities by replacing the elected mayors and city councils, cut costs, cut services, cut more taxes for the rich, increase taxes on retired teachers and public employees and, ultimately, try to decimate their one line of defense against all this, this thing we used to call a union.

The amount of generosity since the national media finally started to cover this story has been tremendous. Pearl Jam sent 100,000 bottles of water. The next day the Detroit Lions showed up with a truck and 100,000 bottles of water. Yesterday, Puff Daddy and Mark Wahlberg donated 1,000,000 bottles of water! Unbelievably amazing. They acknowledged it's a very short-term fix, and that it is.

Flint has 102,000 residents, each in need of an average of 50 gallons of water a day for cooking, bathing, washing clothes, doing the dishes, and drinking (I'm not counting toilet flushes, watering plants or washing the car). But 100,000 bottles of water is enough for just one bottle per person -- in other words, just enough to cover brushing one's teeth for one day.

You would have to send 200 bottles a day, per person, to cover what the average American (we are Americans in Flint) needs each day. That's 102,000 citizens times 200 bottles of water - which equals 20.4 million 16oz. bottles of water per day, every day, for the next year or two until this problem is fixed (oh, and we'll need to find a landfill in Flint big enough for all those hundreds of millions of plastic water bottles, thus degrading the local environment even further). Anybody want to pony up for that? Because THAT is the reality.

This is a catastrophe of unimaginable proportions. There is not a terrorist organization on Earth that has yet to figure out how to poison 100,000 people every day for two years -- and get away with it. That took a governor who subscribes to an American political ideology hell-bent on widening the income inequality gap and conducting various versions of voter and electoral suppression against people of color and the poor. It was those actions that led Michigan's Republican governor to try out his economic and racial experiment in Flint (and please don't tell me this has nothing to do with race or class; he has removed the mayors of a number of black cities.

This, and the water crisis in Flint, never would have been visited upon the residents of Bloomfield Hills or Grosse Pointe -- and everyone here knows that). We have now seen the ultimate disastrous consequences of late-20th century, neo-conservative, trickle down public policy. That word "trickle," a water-based metaphor, was used to justify this economic theory -- well, it's no longer a metaphor, is it? Because now we're talking about how actual water has been used to institute these twisted economic beliefs in destroying the lives of the black and the poor in Flint, Michigan.

So, do you still want to help? Really help? Because what we need in Flint - and across the country - right now, tonight, is a nonviolent army of people who are willing to stand up for this nation, and go to bat for the forgotten of Flint.

Here's what you and I need to do:

1. Demand the removal and arrest of Rick Snyder, the Governor of Michigan.

When the police have an "active shooter" situation in a building, they must first stop the shooter before they can bring aid to the victims. The perp who allowed the poisoning to continue once he knew something was wrong -- and his minions who cooked the evidence so the public and the feds wouldn't find out -- must be removed from office ASAP. Whether it's via resignation, recall or prosecution, this must happen now because he is still refusing to take the aggressive and immediate action needed. His office, as recently as this past Thursday, was claiming the EPA had no legal authority to tell him what to do. You know the EPA -- that federal agency every Republican politician wants eliminated? Governor Snyder is not going to obey the law. He has covered up the crime, and I submit he has committed an act of voluntary or involuntary manslaughter. Last month I posted a meme of me holding a pair of handcuffs with the hashtag #ArrestGovSnyder:

2016-01-27-1453912255-9613407-moore.jpg

It went viral, so I posted a petition (link) to U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch asking her to arrest the governor -- and asking President Obama to send help to Flint immediately. As each day brought a new revelation of the Governor's corruption or incompetence, and with Rachel Maddow on a nightly tear, the momentum built. MoveOn.org and Democracy For America joined me in circulating our petition. We are now on our way to having a half-million signatures! Then Bernie Sanders became the first candidate to call for the Governor's removal. That same day, President Obama issued his first emergency order for Flint. The next night, Hillary Clinton fiercely called out the racist actions of the Governor.

You want to help? Sign the petition -- and get everyone you know to sign it. Now. Another half-million signatures could become the tipping point we need. All eyes are on Flint.

2. Make the State of Michigan pay for the disaster that the State of Michigan created.

The governor wants the president to declare Flint a federal disaster zone and have him send federal money to fix the problem. Not so fast. All relief aid for Flint currently coming from the federal government to Michigan is going through the Governor's office to disburse. That is literally paying the fox to fix the chicken coop he destroyed.

As a Michigan resident and voter, I think that the people who elected Governor Snyder must show some of that personal responsibility they're always lecturing about to the poor. The majority of my fellow Michiganders wanted this kind of government (they elected him twice), so now they should have to pay for it. This year the state treasury posted nearly a $600 million surplus. There is also another $600 million in the state's "rainy day fund". That's $1.2 billion -- just about what Flint's congressman, Dan Kildee, estimates it will cost to replace the water infrastructure and care for the thousands of poisoned children throughout their growing years.

And before there is any talk of federal tax dollars being used (and, yes, they will be needed), the state legislature must remove the billion-dollars' worth of tax cuts the Snyder administration gave the wealthy when he took office. That will go a long way to helping not just Flint but Michigan's other destitute cities and school districts.

3. The federal government must then be placed in charge.

The state government cannot be trusted to get this right. So, instead of declaring a federal disaster zone, President Obama must declare the same version of martial law that Governor Snyder declared over the cities of Flint and Detroit. He must step in and appoint a federal emergency manager in the state capitol to direct the resources of both the state and federal government in saving Flint.

This means immediately sending in FEMA in full force. It means sending in the CDC to determine the true extent of not just the lead poisoning in the water, but also the latest outbreak that has been discovered in Flint -- a tenfold increase in the number of Flint people who've contracted Legionnaires Disease. There have now been 87 cases since the switch to the Flint River water, and ten people have died. The local hospital has also noted sharp increases in a half-dozen other toxins found in people's bodies.

We need the CDC. The EPA must take over the testing of the water, and the Army Corps of Engineers must be sent in to begin replacing the underground pipes. Like the levees in New Orleans, this will be a massive undertaking. If it is turned over to for-profit businesses, it will take a decade and cost billions. This needs to happen right now and Obama must be in charge.

4. Evacuate any and all Flint residents who want to leave now.

They've suffered long enough and, until the water is truly safe, no one should have to stay there who doesn't want to. The state and FEMA should move people into nearby white townships that are still hooked up to Lake Huron water.

5. For those who choose to stay in Flint, FEMA must create a temporary water system in each home.

One idea that has been suggested is to deliver two 55-gallon drums to every home in Flint. Each day water trucks will arrive to fill them with fresh clean glacial water from Lake Huron. The drums will have taps attached to them. People can't be expected to carry jugs of water from buildings that are miles away.

In the end, we will need to create a new economy and bring new employment to this town that created the middle class, that elected the first black mayor, and that believed in and created the American Dream. They deserved more than to be poisoned by their own Governor -- a Governor who thought that, because the people in the town were politically weak, he could get away with this unnoticed and without a fight. He figured wrong.

A crime against humanity has been committed against the people of Flint, making them refugees in their own homes. Tell me honestly: if you were living in Flint right now, and you learned that your children had been drinking lead-filled water for two years, and then you discovered that the Governor knew this and the state lied about it -- tell me, just how fast would your head be spinning? With your children now poisoned, and with the poisoning continuing... is the word "nonviolence" dominating your thoughts right now? Are you absolutely, stunningly amazed how peaceful the people in Flint have remained? Are you curious how much longer that can last? I hope it does.

If you want to help Flint, sign the petition, demand that the federal government take action, and then get involved yourself, wherever you live, so that this doesn't happen to you -- and so that the people we elect know they can no longer break the law as they rule by fiat or indifference. We deserve much better than this.

For a better world,
Michael Moore

Edited by beourbud

If the proper chemicals only cost $100 a day, what was the MOTIVE behind not doing what was so obvious? They argued for months about it. They said they didn't HAVE TO because State Law didn't make them do it. The people told them they had health problems and the officials said they were flat out lying, right while they were having the argument for months about whether they HAD TO use the proper chemicals that only cost $100 a day. 

I don't think I have ever heard of anything this bad outside of a third world country. In fact, many third world countries water puts Flint's water to shame!

The only reason/defence anyone can come up with is that it didn't break state law to omit the $100 a day proper chemicals. 

Who do you think was the expert of Michigan State Law they were drawing their knowledge from? Who was the attorney who so egregiously dictated to follow the bare minimums of state law? Who could have such a cruel and evil legal mind like that? To be able to set aside morals and common decency to save $100 a day because it was legal? Who was The Coach?

Emails Show Flint Govt Bought Clean Water for Themselves While Residents Drank Poison for a Year

Flint, MI — As the water crisis in Flint shows no signs of coming to an end anytime soon, one thing is clear — not one government official has yet to be held accountable for causing it.

As details emerge about how officials have known about the tainted water and simply allowed the public to consume it without taking action, newly released documents reveal that the state wasn’t entirely without action — for themselves.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/leaked-docs-flint-govt-trucking-clean-water-year/#2g8dEgZihYrTf881.99

The town hall meeting last night in Flint went very well I thought. Here is one of the highlights  with  Rev C.Williams,

Mayor Weaver and Sen. D.Stabenow who gets down to the heart of the matter around 3:50...

you can also see her other excerpts from the show there too.

And another detailed explanation of the bankruptcy here .(2013)  enjoy...

*     *     *      *      *      *     *     *     *      *      *      *     *     *     *      *      *      *     *     *     *      *      *      *     *     *     *      *      *      *         

Tonights developments apparently some funds are on the way from Lansing for school nurses for the 6,000 elementary students

as well as more on knuckleheads story above. 

Edited by solabeirtan

Former Flint EM Darnell Earley, DEQ chief invited to testify before U.S. Congress

DETROIT - Former Flint emergency manager Darnell Earley and Department of Environmental Quality Director Keith Creagh have been invited to testify before a U.S. Congressional Oversight Committee on Feb. 3.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/flint-water-crisis/former-flint-em-darnell-earley-deq-chief-called-to-testify-before-us-congress-on-feb-3

They need to get Dan Wyant who was the actual MDEQ head when the water was switched, to testify also. Hopefully it's on their list.

Latest tests on homes in Flint were completed yesterday and still showing extremely high lead levels. 150+ ppb. Filters are not rated for dealing with this level.

Levels have tested as high as 4000 ppb. Pregnant women, babies and children are being told not under any circumstances to drink any water from faucets even if it is filtered water. 

Rotten claims he didn't know anything about state employees having water and coolers being shipped to state office buildings in Flint. Yet they are still shipping water daily to their offices. 

Feds are now demanding to see all documents, from Rotten, relating to the Flint Water decision... 

Edited by solabeirtan

In possibly related events the WMDs were found today in IraQ...

ps...
   Note: Apologies for going on a tangent here. Seriously not wanting to divert attention from the seriousness of the Flint Leaded water crises. It is much more relavent and deserving of our resources and attention. Especially as it relates to offering any help or expertise that could possibly help the victimized citizens of Flint to wither the effects of our irresponsible penny-wise, pound foolish methods of our current administration. Since they have showed little if any compassion or consideration for its tax paying citizens.  

Just to make a little sense of my outburst here I will present some more lead truths that affect our lives daily. For instance even though they have ceased adding lead to the gasoline we put in our cars,
not so for airplanes. Not jets as they burn a kind of kerosene type mixture, only propeller driven planes with 'ic' engines. This accounts for half of the lead pollution in our atmosphere and needs to be addressed, now. Lead is also emitted when coal is burned.

gallery_2767_472_268480.png

As for my graphic this shows which countries are still using leaded gasoline. Even though these countries are separated by thousands of miles, there is only one supplier of TEL(tetraethyl-lead) and that is in the UK, that's where the plant is located. Strangley the co. is incorporated in the USA as a Delaware Corp.  and it also has a Swiss connection. Even though the graphic shows 3 countries this otherwise very helpfull but slightly dated(2011) link shows 5 - Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Myanmar (Burma), North Korea and Yemen.

They were sued  in March 2010 and pleaded guilty to 12 charges involving wire fraud related to paying kickbacks to secure contracts with the Oil Ministry of Iraq as well as violating the UN Oil for Food Program. And they got the usual proverbial slap on the wrist detailed here in the WSJ when they were sentenced back in 2012. It doesnt seem to have affected their business much if any as you can see here on their Wall St listing

Edited by solabeirtan

thats odd for schuette to say that.

think hes just stalling for time?

I believe he's trying to form a confidentiality clause of some sort between him and Snyder to make some emails and other correspondence  confidential, attorney client privilege. At the same time, they are about to throw the DEQ head under the bus and help Snyder plead ignorance. The DEQ head was caught dead to rights arguing for months that the pipe protecting chemicals were not mandatory under State Law. He's caught because of the emails between him and the EPA. Everything Schuette says and does is to keep the whole house of cards from falling down. They want the buck to stop at the DEQ head. It's all on him. That is their firewall. 

by odd, i mean , i think its the ag's job to be legal counsel to MDEQ employees. odd as in "i'm ignoring my duties to defend state employees".

now, if you're in the MDHHS or other state agency, would you defend snyder? when schuette says "get your own lifeboat" ?

i think this plan will backfire on schuette and snyder.

also if dan wyant gets his own lawyers, they arent going to be friendly to snyder and schuette. game on.

Dan Wyatt obviously got legal advice about State Law from someone. He fought the EPA for months saying he had state law backing him up to not use the chems needed to save the pipes. Schuette will have to throw one of his assistants under the bus too if he wants to stay separated. Or say Wyatt went rogue. Wyatt doesn't have any legal experience to draw from so where did he get the advice he talks about? If it was just verbal then it's going to be a war in court unless they can somehow convince Wyatt into shutting up. I think the feds have been all over this all along and have given Snyder/Schuette a lot of rope so they can break some more laws as they cover up. The cover up might be the only thing that they can actually legally get them for. Snyder/Schuette are probably already in this too deep to come out of this cleanly. It's a dam good thing we have a D federal executive branch. Someone like Jeb Bush wouldn't go after Snyder/Schuette as he has already practically said as much.  

Edited by Restorium2

yeah , i dont get the whole 'epa has no authority to tell mdeq what to do' thing.

this though , pisses me the flower off big time.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/22/michigan-questions-legality-epa-directive-flint/79202618/

Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Director Keith Creagh, in a Friday letter to EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy, disputed whether the EPA “has the legal authority” to require a state to take the actions outlined in the order, saying the state would share those concerns by letter or in person.

flower KEITH CREAGH

THE BLOG

10 Things They Won't Tell You About the Flint Water Tragedy. But I Will

02/01/2016 11:15 am ET | Updated 4 hours ago

Michael Moore

Oscar and Emmy-winning Director

News of the poisoned water crisis in Flint has reached a wide audience around the world. The basics are now known: The Republican governor, Rick Snyder, nullified the free elections in Flint, deposed the mayor and city council, then appointed his own man to run the city. To save money, they decided to unhook the people of Flint from their fresh water drinking source, Lake Huron, and instead, make the public drink from the toxic Flint River.

When the governor's office discovered just how toxic the water was, they decided to keep quiet about it and covered up the extent of the damage being done to Flint's residents, most notably the lead affecting the children, causing irreversible and permanent brain damage. Citizen activists uncovered these actions, and the governor now faces growing cries to resign or be arrested.

Here are 10 things that you probably don't know about this crisis because the media, having come to the story so late, can only process so much. But if you live in Flint or the state of Michigan as I do, you know all to well that what the greater public has been told only scratches the surface.

1. While the Children in Flint Were Given Poisoned Water to Drink, General Motors Was Given a Special Hookup to the Clean Water.

A few months after Gov. Snyder removed Flint from the clean fresh water we had been drinking for decades, the brass from General Motors went to him and complained that the Flint River water was causing their car parts to corrode when being washed on the assembly line. The governor was appalled to hear that GM property was being damaged, so he jumped through a number of hoops and quietly spent $440,000 to hook GM back up to the Lake Huron water, while keeping the rest of Flint on the Flint River water.

Which means that while the children in Flint were drinking lead-filled water, there was one -- and only one -- address in Flint that got clean water: the GM factory.

2. For Just $100 a Day, This Crisis Could've Been Prevented.

Federal law requires that water systems which are sent through lead pipes must contain an additive that seals the lead into the pipe and prevents it from leaching into the water. Someone at the beginning suggested to the governor that they add this anti-corrosive element to the water coming out of the Flint River.

"How much would that cost?" came the question. "$100 a day for three months," was the answer.

I guess that was too much, so, in order to save $9,000, the state government said f*** it -- and as a result the state may now end up having to pay upwards of $1.5 billion to fix the mess.

3. There's More Than the Lead in Flint's Water.

In addition to exposing every child in the city of Flint to lead poisoning on a daily basis, there appears to be a number of other diseases we may be hearing about in the months ahead. The number of cases in Flint of Legionnaires Disease has increased tenfold since the switch to the river water.

Eighty-seven people have come down with it, and at least 10 have died. In the five years before the river water, not a single person in Flint had died of Legionnaires Disease. Doctors are now discovering that another half-dozen toxins are being found in the blood of Flint's citizens, causing concern that there are other health catastrophes which may soon come to light.

4. People's Homes in Flint Are Now Worth Nothing Because They Cant Be Sold.

Would you buy a house in Flint right now? Who would? So every homeowner in Flint is stuck with a house that's now worth nothing. That's a total home value of $2.4 billion down the economic drain. People in Flint, one of the poorest cities in the U.S., don't have much to their name, and for many their only asset is their home.

So, in addition to being poisoned, they have now a net worth of zero. (And as for employment, who is going to move jobs or start a company in Flint under these conditions? No one.) Has Flint's future just been flushed down that river?

5. While They Were Being Poisoned, They Were Also Being Bombed.

Here's a story which has received little or no coverage outside of Flint. During these two years of water contamination, residents in Flint have had to contend with a decision made by the Pentagon to use Flint for target practice. Literally. Actual unannounced military exercises- - complete with live ammo and explosives -- were conducted last year inside the city of Flint. The army decided to practice urban warfare on Flint, making use of the thousands of abandoned homes which they could drop bombs on.

Streets with dilapidated homes had rocket-propelled grenades fired upon them. For weeks, an undisclosed number of army troops pretended Flint was Baghdad or Damascus and basically had at it. It sounded as if the city was under attack from an invading army or from terrorists. People were shocked this could be going on in their neighborhoods.

Wait -- did I say "people?" I meant, Flint people. As with the governor, it was OK to abuse a community that held no political power or money to fight back. BOOM!

6. The Wife of the Governor's Chief of Staff Is a Spokeswoman for Nestle, Michigan's Largest Owner of Private Water Reserves.

As Deep Throat told Woodward and Bernstein: "Follow the money." Snyder's chief of staff throughout the two years of Flint's poisoning, Dennis Muchmore, was intimately involved in all the decisions regarding Flint. His wife is Deb Muchmore, who just happens to be the spokesperson in Michigan for the Nestle Company -- the largest owner of private water sources in the State of Michigan.

Nestle has been repeatedly sued in northern Michigan for the 200 gallons of fresh water per minute it sucks from out of the ground and bottles for sale as their Ice Mountain brand of bottled spring water. The Muchmores have a personal interest in seeing to it that Nestles grabs as much of Michigan's clean water was possible -- especially when cities like Flint in the future are going to need that Ice Mountain.

7. In Michigan, from Flint water, to Crime and Murder, to GM Ignition Switches, It's a Culture of Death.

It's not just the water that was recklessly used to put people's lives in jeopardy. There are many things that happen in Flint that would give one the impression that there is a low value placed on human life. Flint has one of the worst murder and crime rates in the country. Just for context, if New York City had the same murder rate as Flint, Michigan, the number of people murdered last year in New York would have been almost 4,000 people -- instead of the actual 340 who were killed in NYC in 2015. But it's not just street crime that makes one wonder about what is going on in Michigan.

Last year, it was revealed that, once again, one of Detroit's automakers had put profit ahead of people's lives. General Motors learned that it had installed faulty ignition switches in many of its cars. Instead of simply fixing the problem, mid-management staff covered it up from the public.

The auto industry has a history of weighing the costs of whether it's cheaper to spend the money to fix the defect in millions of cars or to simply pay off a bunch of lawsuits filed by the victims surviving family members. Does a cynical, arrogant culture like this make it easy for a former corporate CEO, now Governor, turn a blind eye to the lead that is discovered in a municipality's drinking water?

8. Don't Call It "Detroit Water" -- It's the Largest Source of Fresh Drinking Water in the World.

The media keeps saying Flint was using "Detroit's water." It is only filtered and treated at the Detroit Water Plant. The water itself comes from Lake Huron, the third largest body of fresh water in the world. It is a glacial lake formed over 10,000 years ago during the last Ice Age and it is still fed by pure underground springs. Flint is geographically the last place on Earth where one should be drinking poisoned water.

9. ALL the Children Have Been Exposed, As Have All the Adults, Including Me.

That's just a fact. If you have been in Flint anytime from April 2014 to today, and you've drank the water, eaten food cooked with it, washed your clothes in it, taken a shower, brushed your teeth or eaten vegetables from someone's garden, you've been exposed to and ingested its toxins. When the media says "9,000 children under 6 have been exposed," that means ALL the children have been exposed because the total number of people under the age of 6 in Flint is... 9,000!

The media should just say, "all." When they say "47 children have tested positive", that's just those who've drank the water in the last week or so. Lead enters the body and does it's damage to the brain immediately. It doesn't stay in the blood stream for longer than a few days and you can't detect it after a month. So when you hear "47 children", that's just those with an exposure in the last 48 hours. It's really everyone.

10. This Was Done, Like So Many Things These Days, So the Rich Could Get a Big Tax Break.

When Governor Snyder took office in 2011, one of the first things he did was to get a multi-billion dollar tax break passed by the Republican legislature for the wealthy and for corporations. But with less tax revenues, that meant he had to start cutting costs.

So, many things -- schools, pensions, welfare, safe drinking water -- were slashed. Then he invoked an executive privilege to take over cities (all of them majority black) by firing the mayors and city councils whom the local people had elected, and installing his cronies to act as "dictators" over these cities.

Their mission? Cut services to save money so he could give the rich even more breaks. That's where the idea of switching Flint to river water came from. To save $15 million! It was easy. Suspend democracy. Cut taxes for the rich. Make the poor drink toxic river water. And everybody's happy.

Except those who were poisoned in the process. All 102,000 of them. In the richest country in the world.

I have to ask.

How come all my friends and family know youth going to jail for minor possession when Gov Genocide poisons thousands and walks?

Them fknrepublicans got their own set of rules.

Looks like Bernie and Hillary are coming to Flint for an additional debate.

This will help bring attention to the plight of our brothers and sisters in Flint and to the crisis Snyder created.

Edited by beourbud

yeah , i dont get the whole 'epa has no authority to tell mdeq what to do' thing.

this though , pisses me the flower off big time.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/22/michigan-questions-legality-epa-directive-flint/79202618/

Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Director Keith Creagh, in a Friday letter to EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy, disputed whether the EPA “has the legal authority” to require a state to take the actions outlined in the order, saying the state would share those concerns by letter or in person.

flower KEITH CREAGH

In context; They might not have the authority to make them do the right thing in the first place, but they just might have the authority to make them pay for damages caused by not following the proper advice. There's no way to play stupid when it's on record you had the right advice but chose not to use it and people died and you damaged the gene pool for generations.