Need Some Help And Ideas

Willy

that is correct, the doctors are sorta ok with it, some fight to begin with , but on doctor said there is nothing else to try so wtf not.. and there we are, they looked for a CG and I said i would help out with it, although its not the easiest to work with, my other patients dont have the same issues. but part of the job i guess... 

What is the doctor trying to achieve with the MM? 

What is the doctor trying to achieve with the MM? 

the idea is to get the tremors to subside, its bad enough now that even the simple things like eating without  assistance is close to impossible, the tremors and headaches are the number one issues.. we are hoping to slow down or completely stop. 

the idea is to get the tremors to subside, its bad enough now that even the simple things like eating without  assistance is close to impossible, the tremors and headaches are the number one issues.. we are hoping to slow down or completely stop. 

From what I have seen there's a really good chance that MM will help. I think the best thing that could happen here is for the family and nurses to see how well it works. Then everything should fall into place. You will need to make sure that they all know what worked and what did not. 

I want to be clear on a few points.

• Patient has only partial use of one hand yet must perform medication technique without assistance.
  • Family is against cannabis use.
  • One or more Drs. are supportive, most are not.
  • Nurses need to be able to monitor dosage yet patient can't be obviously medicating.
  • You are currently atomizing an alcohol tincture. (Might be better to switch to PEG 400)

Having been in a situation where I was completely paralyzed and entirely dependent on others my heart goes out to your patient. It's difficult to truly understand what a horrible experience it is unless you've been through it.

Edited by Wild Bill

I want to be clear on a few points.

• Patient has only partial use of one hand yet must perform medication technique without assistance.
  • Family is against cannabis use.
  • One or more Drs. are supportive, most are not.
  • Nurses need to be able to monitor dosage yet patient can't be obviously medicating.
  • You are currently atomizing an alcohol tincture. (Might be better to switch to PEG 400)

Having been in a situation where I was completely paralyzed and entirely dependent on others my heart goes out to your patient. It's difficult to truly understand what a horrible experience it is unless you've been through it.

family is the only reason it needs to be discreet, dosages and records are fine for the nursing staff, however it is from our friends at spectrum.. that dictates what the nurse's can do or not do. assisting is not one of the can do's. there afraid of suits from family since there not on board. liability raises it head yet again.. these nurses are fine with it but wont risk there jobs, other patients are ambulatory enough to self medicate.. 

Why would you suggest PEG?

tinture is to help my patient to self administer.. but yes essentially that is correct.. just the family objects.. and the hospital as usual.some yes and some no. there allowing (not that they can stop it) but we all know treatment issues and narcotics,,  resistant till they see some proof. then it should all fall together.. I hope...the big thing is I need to be able to give some semblance of mg per dose, with in a reasonable estimate. 

How old is the patient?  Why do they need the approval of the family? Is that for legal reasons or other?

If you have ever been in a situation like the one described you will see that the family members matter a lot. They are all grappling with this terrible situation in their family. They really want to help so they will be concerned about any treatment. Best to bring them on board if possible. It's not necessarily a legal thing but it can turn into one right quick.

I cant really come to see how the family would be so selfish in their beliefs as to deny a possible improvement on this patient's condition...? Just dont get it.

Id suggest really delving into their mindset, and attempt to overcome. Seems like a very near impossible situation unless the nurse were not only willing to help, but to conceal. There are a number of ms patients from varying documentaries and/or vids that show dramatic and immediate improvement fron tremors... Perhaps showing those to family might help w the convincing.

Just dont get what would prevent them from trying to help this person out...? You might need help from multiple sources to bend them... Vids/other patients, a compassionate priest, a competent doc, local cop w a relative that was helped...??? Gotta delve into their underlying/deepest objections and hit that from multiple angles.

I cant really come to see how the family would be so selfish in their beliefs as to deny a possible improvement on this patient's condition...? Just dont get it.

Id suggest really delving into their mindset, and attempt to overcome. Seems like a very near impossible situation unless the nurse were not only willing to help, but to conceal. There are a number of ms patients from varying documentaries and/or vids that show dramatic and immediate improvement fron tremors... Perhaps showing those to family might help w the convincing.

Just dont get what would prevent them from trying to help this person out...? You might need help from multiple sources to bend them... Vids/other patients, a compassionate priest, a competent doc, local cop w a relative that was helped...??? Gotta delve into their underlying/deepest objections and hit that from multiple angles.

short an sweet answer, the only reason that people take marijuana is to get high, period that is all there is to it. period.. it was broached, they said they were going to disown them, real winners ya know.. hear no evil, see no evil, but speak lots of evil...oh ya but them opiates,, there just fine and dandy, so good for you,.. I wont deal with the family, i might get a bit angry, and you dont want to see me get angry (hulk smash) ..  just kidding but i wont try to turn them... 

Edited by Willy

What a terrible situation. I'm grateful that if I ever end up in such a debilitated condition that my family will support any medical effort, including cannabis. When I get to a point where I'm confronting end of life issues, I'll probably just want to get high to relive pain but also want to get high so I'm high...and I can just sit back and watch old TV shows and let death creep-up on me.

probably, it will be easier to win-over the caregivers than it would be to sneak cannabis to the patient. Consider vapor bags - use a volcano or similar device to inflate vapor bags, which would be easy for the patient to use.

What a terrible situation. I'm grateful that if I ever end up in such a debilitated condition that my family will support any medical effort, including cannabis. When I get to a point where I'm confronting end of life issues, I'll probably just want to get high to relive pain but also want to get high so I'm high...and I can just sit back and watch old TV shows and let death creep-up on me.

probably, it will be easier to win-over the caregivers than it would be to sneak cannabis to the patient. Consider vapor bags - use a volcano or similar device to inflate vapor bags, which would be easy for the patient to use.

caregivers are good with it, there company is not.. they will do what they can but they obviously dont wish to loose there jobs either...the service dont care as long as there employees dont help or touch it, even touch it is a dismissal.... the only thing is to keep it out of site of the parent. everyone else is good with it.. and really you should have some family support... but so far out of the question. the major issues is someway that the patient can service them selves. I am going to try a volcano come monday... but even filling it will be extremely difficult. however it has a remote. that could help a lot I'll let ya all know monday ... 

Edited by Willy

caregivers are good with it, there company is not.. they will do what they can but they obviously dont wish to loose there jobs either...the service dont care as long as there employees dont help or touch it, even touch it is a dismissal.... the only thing is to keep it out of site of the parent. everyone else is good with it.. and really you should have some family support... but so far out of the question. the major issues is someway that the patient can service them selves. I am going to try a volcano come monday... but even filling it will be extremely difficult. however it has a remote. that could help a lot I'll let ya all know monday ... 

So many things to consider...i feel for you. If they dont have independent finger movement then the remote wont help either.....cant push the button.

If you have ever been in a situation like the one described you will see that the family members matter a lot. They are all grappling with this terrible situation in their family. They really want to help so they will be concerned about any treatment. Best to bring them on board if possible. It's not necessarily a legal thing but it can turn into one right quick.

I live the situation every day but fortunately the family is completely supportive.

I was asking because sometimes in these situations there is a power of attorney issue to deal with and a family member can have control.

short an sweet answer, the only reason that people take marijuana is to get high, period that is all there is to it. period.. it was broached, they said they were going to disown them, real winners ya know.. hear no evil, see no evil, but speak lots of evil...oh ya but them opiates,, there just fine and dandy, so good for you,.. I wont deal with the family, i might get a bit angry, and you dont want to see me get angry (hulk smash) .. just kidding but i wont try to turn them...

Kinda effed up that out of all of his obstacles, the family is presenting itself as one of the biggest, and it's just a darn shame.

I can think of negative outcomes from this, but maybe (if it really gets down to shove) a public hulk smash is what is needed... Sounds like a compelling angle on the realities of a registered mmj patient. Maybe get a local reporter to do a write up in the local paper? Shame them in public, as they really do seem rather selfish in their behaviors. Perhaps pressure over persuasion...?

Really do feel that will be the key... Altering their perceptions.

They should be ashamed.