Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Ballot Question Committee Amendment...

Timmahh

After the hard-line approach from the abrogate team earlier this fall, I was shocked by this as well. However, there was a medical emergency in the heirarchy. bunny muffin happens, but I agree....I'd have more confidence if it seemed a little more organized.

If the ml petition fails to get the sigs what good did all the organization and $$$$$$$$$$ do?

We been round this block before....

I suspect all those looking for mercy will be merciless after the fail to get the sigs. But we shall see.

Perhaps we can then all come together to Abrogate.

Timing is everything and everyone now knows Abrogats time has come.

Til then sign a petition.

If the ml petition fails to get the sigs what good did all the organization and $$$$$$$$$$ do?

The short answer is that the money and organization did nothing if it fails. The long answer is, why not just say that instead of asking it? It would have been so much easier to say, "all the $$$$$$ and organization won't matter if the petition fails."

Abrogate had a chance to get this thing in on dec. 3, they didn't. Two people are slightly concerned, beour. Thanks.

There should have been more support for Decriminalization a long time ago.

We have been waiting for you guys to catch up.

It might take a little longer but blame yourselves.

Either way 2016 , 2020. Abrogate will come to fruition. It is the Will of the People

"you guys" "blame yourselves" I truly don't get your angle, man. Please stop jamming the threads with this stuff. Please, beour. We have been asking nicely. Edited by suneday11

I don't have an angle. You are just obsessed with me.

wow. OK, moving on now. Please research the effects of excessive blue light exposure on the mind.

Tim, if you ever need anyone in lansing to help you out with running around, pm me. I'd be more than happy to be a lifeline if you ever need. Sorry about ^^^ this.

We have not missed any goal, other than one I had hoped to move up a few weeks to a month.. So we are right on Track. 
A.P.M. has always intended to start gathering signatures beginning of the year. 

I find it interesting that some try to imply conjecture of unorganized, or unaware of the situation.

If one were to look over the last 6 months of conversations, everything is pretty much right where it was projected to be when the Committee was officially recognized by the State on August 20th.

So you can rest assured, nothing is 'behind' schedule, or there have been no 'missed' deadlines.

As of this time, we are right on time and already worked through all of the other issues. 

Now it is up to the people. Everything is set once we gain Board of Canvassers Approval over the next week or two.
Now we just need to keep adding Petitioners and meet our 1st Campaign Donation Goal of 5,000.00 over the next few weeks to cover the cost of Petition Printing and allow for funds to start distributing them around the state to the Petitioners for the Kick Off of the Signature part of the Campaign.

So if you want to volunteer to end prohibition in Michigan, instead of continuing to beg the State for compassion and empathy, then we can use your help.  If you can, we could also use donations to help meet our first donation goal.

We are a fully recognized Committee, with proper donation structure in place and can give you a receipt for your political donation to use upon your next years taxes.

Any checks or money orders need to be payable to Abrogate Prohibition Michigan.

You can beg the State for redress, or you can do what our grandparents did, pull up the boot straps, put on your big boys and girls britches, and just repeal prohibition like they did with alcohol prohibition.  Otherwise, all you will end up with is the MMM Act 2.0 but under a new name and indirect legislative amendment..

That is why a Constitutional Amendment is the only fix.  This is not about not supporting recreational, this is about supporting everything, including recreational, and removing the government authority to use cannabis as a club against the citizens of this state.

The short answer is that the money and organization did nothing if it fails. The long answer is, why not just say that instead of asking it? It would have been so much easier to say, "all the $$$$$$ and organization won't matter if the petition fails."

Abrogate had a chance to get this thing in on dec. 3, they didn't. Two people are slightly concerned, beour. Thanks.

The Board of Canvassers meetings are scheduled as needed.  So when the language is submitted it pretty much a moot point.  There was a BoC  meeting last Thursday too. and there is one this Coming Monday, and there will be one or two more before holiday break.  

All that said, The 15 Copies are at the BoC, and ready for the next appropriate meeting, That may be this Monday's meeting, or the next one following I am not sure yet. 

I have always anticipated having the language approved by the end of the year, though I did want to have it approved by the 1st week of December, as we all know bunny muffin happens, and sometimes it's serious bunny muffin that can not be put aside or delayed.

Abrogate Prohibition Michigan has been organized and ready every step of the way, and things have been done within the time span I anticipated when starting this thing out around June...  Just wanted to be sure everything was ready before the language was approved by the BoC.  I dont believe in putting the Cart before the Horse.  We are also a bit more conservative in our approach to this process and not reactionary or haphazard in that approach. Everything in it's place, and a place for everything.   I am just one set of flapping lips after all. lol   It's not like I have a full team doing this stuff for me. heh.  But luckily that is not needed so....

And yes, I was kind of sidelined for 2 weeks as my mother had a severe heart attack, and then passed away a week later. Last week I was taking care of funeral and burial arrangements and last Saturday had her burial. So that did put me a few weeks behind where I had originally planned.  I didn't quite foresee my Mother having a heart attack and passing a week later.  But as she always taught me, One foot in front of the other, and you just walk through the tough stuff to the other side and get it done.

wow. OK, moving on now. Please research the effects of excessive blue light exposure on the mind.

Tim, if you ever need anyone in lansing to help you out with running around, pm me. I'd be more than happy to be a lifeline if you ever need. Sorry about ^^^ this.

Thanks Suneday11. Yes we will need people willing to be a petitioner, not just in Lansing but pretty much the rest of the State as well.  

Im not quite sure who beourbud is, but he/shes not all bad. lol  Makes many good points, though I may not agree with all of them, heh.

At any rate, Abrogate Prohibition Michigan expects BoC Approval at the Meeting it is seen at, whether that is Monday's or the next one.

We are ready to Collect Donations to cover cost of printing and beginning campaign costs, all we need besides that is Petitioners.

So you have no money.

Timmah, I would LOVE to be able to vote for this...,

But this is a dream with no money.

Have you done any polling on a Con Amend. for legalization? Con Amends always lose votes because people are hesitant to amend the constitution.

You will likely need 400k signatures by July 11th.

No money. Minimal organization. Petitioners not lined up(You need hundreds). Scrounging just to be able to print petitions.

Tell me why exactly you feel this even has the slightest chance of being accomplished without money. As in like a million bucks is needed.

This sounds like NORMLs last attempt to get 20,000 sigs.

I do wish you the best, but once you get serious, let me know.

If everyone who has a card donated $40 to a gofundme fund , it would be the last $$ you would ever pay for the Right to Grow your own, go to a farmers market or dispensary.

No more doc cents, card and background check fees.

Not to mention lower prices of cannabis.

What a deal

I have yet to meet anyone who would not sign this petition.

Between the frracing folk, the prevailing wage folk and legalise ,lots of folk are training to be Abrogate petitioners.

Mal I appreciate your skepticism but I think you are underestimating the passion at the grassroots level.

The risk and cost now is to high. Even paying for a card and cert now does not keep you out of jail.

$40 is nothing compared to the alternatives. IMHO

This will work.

Edited by beourbud

....and unrealistic.

Better get a better funding plan than that.

p.s. and I truly want to see this on the ballot. I aint trollin, just seriously wondering if this thing stands even the slightest chance.

I will tell yall what I told the other campaigns, call me when ya got $200,000. At least I will know it is somewhat serious then.

Btw, MRC failed the 200k test, so they are considered not serious right now.  MCC passed the test but puked out at 170k signatures.

And this has $5000 only. Still not enough to print everything even....

No regional managers? County custodians?

Sigh'

Nothing is not an option!

The legalize petitioners don't sound like they are ready to quit , the ones I talked with say they would rather petition for Abrogate.

Thinking you might want to consider a plan b , as good as the legal guys are it doesn't look good.

So if anyone is on the fence....your sig counts

if MiLegal is what you want you need to get to a petition and Sign it

If it fails Abrogate is on deck ready to close the deal.

Whatever your position is be proactive.

Edited by beourbud

Actually the sigs are a given, it's just a matter of time

Abrogate is Law for We the People, Not for a select few or gov run.

A fertile and even playing field for entrepreneurs to flourish.

A new Grass Roots Mega Economy. A shift from petroleum to a renewable, GREEN, medicine, textile, feed, fuel, bedding, insulation, seeds are a Super Food.

Michigan Will lead the World in research, education and Production of CannaProducts

It will eliminate the Black Market and reduce price of AAA meds.

It will Stop raids, trauma, jail, broken homes and abuses by drug dealers , courts and Leo alike.

All the long timers anymore are hippies anyway, they don't want their grandkids going to jail for something they know is harmless

By 2018 people will be Sick and Tired , Perhaps the Dems will be motivated enough for a midterm.

By 2020. It will be a landslide

2016 Maybe overly optimistic. Maybe Not

We are headed in the right direction and Nothing will stop us.

Edited by beourbud