End Caregiving - Michigan Police Propose

Back on track;

1.  If dispensaries are formally allowed, law enforcement groups would like the state to stop registering caregivers.

Dispensaries are not care giving, they are a store. They are not interchangeable.  This is medical, remember? People need caregivers, adding stores doesn't change that.  

So now we have a functioning(barely) rep in the Michigan legislature saying, "A vote for dispensaries is a vote against home grows".

AND:

The spokesperson for Michigan Law Enforcement saying; If dispensaries are formally allowed, law enforcement groups would like the state to stop registering caregivers.

I don't see these dispensary bills as a step forward, baby steps, or something to plant your pole into.

They just stink up the place with bait and switches left and right. 

How can anyone support them from the position of patient or caregiver now?

I'm not that into perfection right now, just want the stupid ideas to be seen for what they are. 

Edited by Restorium2

I am not saying they are good or should be passed.

In general though... perfection can corrupt progress.

But, I mean, what the heck do people expect from this Republican owned government.  Something good? Even decent?

Hahahahaha....

If it aint on a ballot, it aint gonna be decent.

A LOT of people thought they were going to get to supply the dispensaries.

That's the thing that has been the bait. Now that bait is old and needs to be seen for what it has been all along, a bait and switch.

Well geese, I think I will put a little like down in the corner. LOL Kid stuff.

why? is it annoying to see how many people don't like you? Mad to see when people are enjoying when others stand up to your tactics? 

Do you disagree or not? 

What do you have to say about the issue?

Do you still believe that caregivers will supply dispensaries?

Anything of value?

"Do you disagree or not?" With what? I think you called me a johnny be pushy. I disagree. You suggested I sold to carded individuals before registration. I disagree. You're pushy and insincere. Agree

"What do you have to say about the issue?" It's alarming but not surprising. Zap and many others, including yourself, talked about this in the thread about the November 10th hearing (Check out pg 5 of that thread; you went nuts on that one too) I don't believe these bills are going to get the necessary support to pass. It's imperative that we reach out to as many people as possible and explain the utility of the caregiver model for many patients, just in case. I find that explaining the law from a caregivers perspective gets the point through very well.  Every "enemy," as you call them, is simply an opportunity to educate. They get to decide. I see no use in disparaging those who disagree. I see no use in rhetorical questioning meant only to put the questioner in a position to belittle the other party. Finally, I'd like for the caregiver system to continue, but, and to your vitriolic dismay, I also want people to have dispensaries. You know what? Let's just call them stores at this point. just so you don't go crazy. I want the caregiver model to exist and I want stores to exist. No problems here with caregivers providing some or part, also not opposed to people starting larger grows. Here's where you're really gonna lose it, resto. I want those big-big grows to be regulated. YUP. Here is why; a giant and new industry, loads of fertilizers, pesticides, money, control, greed. I would be worried about a completely unregulated market. How long before the grow with the most cash gets exclusive deals and restrictive contracts? See ticket master v baseline ticketing. legislators aren't the only dickheads out there. feasible that my government will make a cannabis law to protect me? no, but it's an effing opinion.

Do you still believe caregivers will supply dispensaries? Show me where I said that I thought cargegivers would supply dispensaries. I'll add this; STOP putting words in other people's mouths. Again, your little psychotic version of the Socratic method is disgusting. Your responses are often nothing more than three rhetorical questions and one question or statement that is simply an insult (at least a gateway to one). disguising and insult does not make it less of an insult. Put up or shut up, pal. I want to see where i said that in which you claim i said.

Anything of value? Look in the mirror. No. Seriously. I saved someone from choking years ago. Should I give the next person choking the old "been there, done that?" hey, drop dead buddy, i did the heimlich 7 years ago!

Now run off and quote me resto. manipulate my words. i'd start with bolding some statements, change font color for others, and take a few completely out of context. Or maybe you'll stay silent this time around. Either way, enjoy the emptiness you create around you. Hug someone. Get help. Participate in real life. :blow-a-heart:

Edited by suneday11

It's imperative that we reach out to as many people as possible and explain the utility of the caregiver model for many patients, just in case. I find that explaining the law from a caregivers perspective gets the point through very well. 

And how many people actually involved in task forces do you think speak up for patients and caregivers?

It may actually make you a little more hesitant.

Table of 40 people wishing to change the Act to create profit, take rights away, include more crimes, and salivate over the money they will squeeze out of sick people; and I believe 2 were there speaking up for patients, let alone caregivers.

I think you have created a fantasy of what it is actually like and that some fairy princess will fly in and praise the caregiver and those 38 other people will just back down.  Hahaha....

The worse the bill gets, the better chance it has of passing.

And how many people actually involved in task forces do you think speak up for patients and caregivers?

It may actually make you a little more hesitant.

Table of 40 people wishing to change the Act to create profit, take rights away, include more crimes, and salivate over the money they will squeeze out of sick people; and I believe 2 were there speaking up for patients, let alone caregivers.

I think you have created a fantasy of what it is actually like and that some fairy princess will fly in and praise the caregiver and those 38 other people will just back down. Hahaha....

The worse the bill gets, the better chance it has of passing.

again, it's an opinion. I reach out to neighbors, people, friends. I explain my story and many are moved to make a call. Alternatively, I can sit in my hands and wait for it. I don't understand the use in that. Anyway, mal, I'm done with the mmma. Resto is too much. I signed up with milegalize to fill the void! Edited by suneday11

Exactly, it is an opinion.  I would assume with new information it can be adjusted. :-)

I am someone who has been in the trenches on this issue since the start.  I am simply telling you the deck is stacked.  What you want is likely not possible without serious cost. This is why I regularly say ,... at what cost"?.

At what cost and what rights and protections are you willing to give up to attain dispensaries?

It will cost.  What do you think is ok?

Not a smart donkey question. I am serious.

What cost is ok for you?

1) removal of caregivers?n

2) home growing?y

3) Inspections?only to big grow, and intended to protect us, not them

4) Transportation?n

5) Tracking?n

6) Cg or Disp only, not both?both

7) I can list a lot.....

At what cost?

I said that I don't agree with removal of caregivers. Chill. I was responding to resto. Not looking to spell out every facet of the proposed law. The deck is stacked. again, i don't find doing nothing to be an answer. I also dont think bashing opinions in a forum of seriously ill people is of any benefit (not you, mal. We all know who im talking to).

i'm cutting the cord now, kiddos. have fun on your playground.

Edited by suneday11

Sorry,... I just see it rather black and white.

At this point, with this legislature and this Governor,... Dispensaries will come at a cost if done through legislation.

The worse it gets, the better chance it has of passing.

Puts us in a real squeeze.

i hold my rights and the rights of may patients above any other interest i might have. These are thoughts on theoreticals, you know? Nobody has a perfect answer. For me and my wife, yes, black and white. eff any change to the cg system. No worries, mal. i know you arent the type to push for the sake of being rude. Ive had a long day with rustolium. too tired to keep resto's boner in check. take care, mal.