Renewal Certification Problems...medical Records

oh new medical records, sorry I misread.

a number of patients and dr s have been doing pain logs / journals.

or medical journals.

e.g. date / month - symptom - some info

for ex

Nov 12 - chrons flare up - lasted 6 hours, couldn't leave the bathroom. debilitating, etc.

Just write down your health for your dr. it helps apparently.

In the last month I have talked to a number of patients who have had cards since 09 and no problem with recert's until now. Now I am hearing stories of patients going to the same doc that certified them 3+ years in a row now requiring new medical records. Any one hearing similar stories?

The clinic I had gone to for years informed me (just recently) that not only would I need proof of continuing care they had purged all of the other records!  No notification, no opportunity to pick up my medical records that were a major pain in the a** for me to get, they just destroyed all of it.  Thanks a lot.

oh new medical records, sorry I misread.

a number of patients and dr s have been doing pain logs / journals.

or medical journals.

e.g. date / month - symptom - some info

for ex

Nov 12 - chrons flare up - lasted 6 hours, couldn't leave the bathroom. debilitating, etc.

Just write down your health for your dr. it helps apparently.

Someone on this site - Greg, maybe, suggested communicating with your doc/cert. doc every three months or so.  I've starting doing this.  My primary care doc is the one who certified me.  I see her annually for a wellness/physical and every six months for a BP check. We always discuss my usage which she records.  Lately, I'm emailing her in-between each visit (3-month interval) with need, dosage, frequency, efficacy, etc.  She is very appreciative of this and seems more supportive than ever.  

What are others doing to keep up a "bonafide doctor-patient relationship"?

According to the MMMA, the minimum required for bona fide physician-patient relationship is that a physician has created, reviewed and maintained records of the patient’s condition, in addition to performing a full medical assessment. In fact, the law does not even require you to have follow-ups, it simply says that the physician has a reasonable expectation that follow-up care will be provided.

The requirement of an ongoing bona fide physician-patient relationship seems to be strictly related to section 8, although it is mentioned under section 4 defense for physicians only. Nonetheless, I know at least some certification centers ask that you come back in 6 months for a checkup in person, while others include some type of online communication to send periodic status updates (e.g. online form). I was hit with three misdemeanors within a month of getting my card, so an "ongoing" relationship would have been impossible to prove or form. Luckily, it is not needed if one complies with the MMMA and section 4, but better to be safe than sorry. Judges also seem more appreciative if you don't go to 'signature-mills' and have a reasonable condition.

Edited by Alphabob

The clinic I had gone to for years informed me (just recently) that not only would I need proof of continuing care they had purged all of the other records!  No notification, no opportunity to pick up my medical records that were a major pain in the a** for me to get, they just destroyed all of it.  Thanks a lot.

Uh something is wrong there.

1) Physicians and health care facilities have to keep medical records for at least 7 years since the patients last visit. THAT'S MICHIGAN LAW!

2) Patients have the right to their medical records.

I get med records from my primary care dr once a yr, they charge me 10 bucks, they will do it free if I have them sent to another dr, I prefer to have my records in my possession so I always just copy them and send them on to my cert dr. my primary dr. just sent me to a pain clinic, and the pain clinic will write me narcotics as long as I have my mm card, if I didnt have my mm card they said I would have to stop using mm untill I got my card, no biggie I had my card, my primary dr, used to renew me, they no longer do that and are now going narcotic free,,,,,but the first time I went to the pain clinic the dr. mentioned something ( like wow alot going on at my primary's office) i just ignored it, Im thinking they were a pill mill. the last m.d my primary worked for lost his liscense for writing to many narcotics, im thinking this is what happened to my p.c!  I always would get the 1st appt so I didnt have to be there long, one time I went in the afternoon and it realy realy looked like a pill mill, I only had to go every 90 days 4 times a yr and realy never seen the waiting room full of drug pt's!

People renewing that keep thier c.g need to know that not only the 60 buck pt fee for 2 yrs needs to be paid but also the c.g always needs to pay 25 bucks for every pt whether they are new or renewing, my cert doc did not tell me this, I was lucky to read in what looked like a admin box only that it cost 60 for pt and 25 for c.g, I called mmmp and asked questions an they said that I need to put 85 bucks in the renewel or my c.g wont be paid for and not be able to be my c.g and I would have to resend my paper work, so im glad I did my due dilegence and paid the 85 on a personal check, it was cashed now im just waiting for my new card!

peace

phag I also was going to call about how much is the renewal card but I assumed since the $25 had a box to check I just made out the check for $85. If you look at the application form for minors they have it spelled out exactly so you know you have to send in $60 for the patient PLUS the cg $25 for the total of $85. 

Medical records may help someone get a certification  but it won't help someone in Court if the Doc doesn't want to come to Court then all the medical records someone may have won't help either 

Wrong. The Supreme Court decision in Tut/Wik speaks to and permits the use of physician documents to affirm certification. See footnote 77 (http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/584/entry-1163-added-evidentiary-protection-with-or-without-registration). That is perhaps the most compelling reason that I prefer additional documentation. Notarized is best. I think it best to keep it in a safe place.

Edited by GregS

I get med records from my primary care dr once a yr, they charge me 10 bucks, they will do it free if I have them sent to another dr, I prefer to have my records in my possession so I always just copy them and send them on to my cert dr. my primary dr. just sent me to a pain clinic, and the pain clinic will write me narcotics as long as I have my mm card, if I didnt have my mm card they said I would have to stop using mm untill I got my card, no biggie I had my card, my primary dr, used to renew me, they no longer do that and are now going narcotic free,,,,,but the first time I went to the pain clinic the dr. mentioned something ( like wow alot going on at my primary's office) i just ignored it, Im thinking they were a pill mill. the last m.d my primary worked for lost his liscense for writing to many narcotics, im thinking this is what happened to my p.c!  I always would get the 1st appt so I didnt have to be there long, one time I went in the afternoon and it realy realy looked like a pill mill, I only had to go every 90 days 4 times a yr and realy never seen the waiting room full of drug pt's!

People renewing that keep thier c.g need to know that not only the 60 buck pt fee for 2 yrs needs to be paid but also the c.g always needs to pay 25 bucks for every pt whether they are new or renewing, my cert doc did not tell me this, I was lucky to read in what looked like a admin box only that it cost 60 for pt and 25 for c.g, I called mmmp and asked questions an they said that I need to put 85 bucks in the renewel or my c.g wont be paid for and not be able to be my c.g and I would have to resend my paper work, so im glad I did my due dilegence and paid the 85 on a personal check, it was cashed now im just waiting for my new card!

peace

Orrr you can go cannabando with sec. 8.

Edited by GregS

Wrong. The Supreme Court decision in Tut/Wik speaks to and permits the use of physician documents to affirm certification. See footnote 77 (http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/584/entry-1163-added-evidentiary-protection-with-or-without-registration). That is perhaps the most compelling reason that I prefer additional documentation. Notarized is best. I think it best to keep it in a safe place.

Thanks

Medical records are great i agree my point was they did help us and we had lots just not  anyone thats in Oakland County Court 

Sorry i should have made my post clearer a case that will make a differences that case is a lower court case it won't help anyone else unless they get that judge it hasn't happen in the High courts yet

It's ongoing: 

Man Files $2.5 Million Lawsuit Against Bay City Claiming Police Violated His Rights In Pot Seizure

High court jury trials: can be used for cases where there was a malicious prosecution.

The suit also alleges Detective Todd Umphrey directed Schroer to tamper with evidence that was used at Groulx's trial.

higher courts coa/msc don't have jury.... district courts aren't binding to other districts.

I think maybe Bob is referring to the circuit court as the "high court." FYI, transfer of MJ without remuneration is a "high court misdomeaner," meaning it is a crime to be tried in front of the high court, the circuit court, not the district court. So in such an occurance, there would be a jury in the "high court" proceeding. I don't think "high court" necessarily means the COA or SC.