Patients Can't Smoke In Parked Cars At Public Places, Court Rules

t-pain

And I don't think they respond to signs of protests on their front porch or chit chat on the phone ...... They respond to The (poll) Axe.

That's part of the problem.  And I said hand written letters, it's tantamount to their shock and awe.  They see a box of letters they take it more seriously than either a call or protest.  But hey if you think we can vote out the repubs and there isn't anything else to do....

And it's stupid to fight a war on just one front. Esp. when that front is improbable in and of itself.  We fight only once every 2 years?  My district is tied up, tehy don't vote against MJ here so we're dead in the water district?

It's almost as if you want to loose.

Edited by Norby

Years ago when I was in sixth grade our class had an assignment to write a letter to the president of the U.S. I hand-decorated the outside of the envelop with all kinds a patriotic bling. I was the only one to get a response - a letter with a signed photo of the president. If you write, try to make your letter stand out.

That's part of the problem.  And I said hand written letters, it's tantamount to their shock and awe.  They see a box of letters they take it more seriously than either a call or protest.  But hey if you think we can vote out the repubs and there isn't anything else to do....

And it's stupid to fight a war on just one front. Esp. when that front is improbable in and of itself.  We fight only once every 2 years?  My district is tied up, tehy don't vote against MJ here so we're dead in the water district?

It's almost as if you want to loose.

In between the election cycles you point out the shortcomings of who you want out as often as you can. That's actually when most of the 'work' gets done. Like pointing out;

LANSING, MI — Michigan has the worst government transparency and accountability laws and practices in the country, according a new corruptibility report card from the Center for Public Integrity.

Michigan received a failing grade — and the lowest overall score — from CPI, which measured each state on 250 specific "indicators" related to ethics enforcement, lobbying disclosure, political financing, legislative accountability and more.

Michigan has a "lack of effective disclosure rules for officials in nearly all facets of state government," according to a State Integrity Investigation report by veteran newsman Chad Selweski. "Conflicts of interest and potential public corruption remain buried in an honor system with no honor."

No states received an A grade in the investigation. The top three — Alaska, California and Connecticut — received Cs. CPI released a similar report card in 2012, but the grades are not directly comparable due to new metrics.

Michigan was one of 11 states that received an F in the new report, released Monday. It scored particularly poorly on measurements of accountability for the executive, legislative and judicial branches.

In the Legislature, for instance, Michigan does not require lawmakers to file asset disclosure forms, does not require lawmakers to recuse themselves from actions in which they have a conflict of interest and does not have laws specifically prohibiting cronyism or nepotism when hiring legislative staff.

Selweski, in his overview of the Michigan findings, noted a series of incidents that highlight accountability concerns in the state.

In 2013, language to protect anonymous "issue ad" donors was added to an already controversial bill that doubled campaign contribution limits, a policy that Gov. Rick Snyder eventually signed into law.

19135598-large.jpg

The amendment was added during the middle of a committee hearing — reportedly after a lobbyist intervened — at almost the exact moment Secretary of State Ruth Johnson was announcing new rules that would have required more disclosure.

More recently, the sex scandal that led to the ouster of former Reps. Todd Courser and Cindy Gamrat served as a reminder that the Legislature long ago exempted itself from the state's Freedom of Information Act.

The House Business Office rejected public records requests from reporters covering the scandal and alleged misuse of taxpayer resources. Instead, a report was released after review by outside attorneys.

Michigan also has weak disclosure rules for lobbyists, who are allowed to report their activities "in such a vague format" that the public is almost helpless to understand the potential influence, according to the analysis.

Lobbyists only have to report wining and dining if they spend more than $59 in a month or $375 in a year on an individual lawmaker, and they do not have to disclose which issues or legislation they were actually discussing.

Michigan did earn a high score for its state budget process, ranking 8th in the country.

That process is conducted in a transparent manner that allows for citizen input, according to CPI. Michigan conducts a public revenue estimating conference, the governor releases a budget proposal before lawmakers act and the state makes budget information online in an easily accessible format.

But on most other measurements, Michigan scored poorly. Check out the Center for Public Integrity website for more information on the Michigan rankings.

Edited by Restorium2

In between the election cycles you point out the shortcomings of who you want out as often as you can. That's actually when most of the 'work' gets done. Like pointing out;

So you preach to the choir?  No wonder it's the way it is.

Fuk it, good luck. 

So far in seventy years I've been homeless twice and lived in my car. Been thirty years since my last time (eighteen months through two Alaskan winters) but I still keep a blanket and pillow behind the back seat. Would this make a difference?

Maybe but i think it's more like when someone is drinking and pulls over to sleep it off but still leave the Key' inn even changing a flat leo pulls up behind and ask if you need help and he smalls that you have been drinking 

i think because it's cannabis and only cannabis is why the ruling Imo

I tend to believe it's more on the folks that say 'fuk it' but you have your right to say I'm stupid and want to lose. 

Have an awesome day!  :D

Preaching to people about who they should vote for IS saying fuk it.  People don't vote for a candidate based on tehir stance on MJ.  At least nowhere near enough to make a shiit bit of difference.

I did have an awesome day, hope yours was great too.

And I didn't say that you were stupid I said that your tactics are stupid, there's a difference, but if you want to play the victim...

And I said it's almost as if, trying to show you that your tactics are weak, not implying that you actually want to lose.

Edited by Norby

Preaching to people about who they should vote for IS saying fuk it.  People don't vote for a candidate based on tehir stance on MJ.  At least nowhere near enough to make a shiit bit of difference.

I did have an awesome day, hope yours was great too.

And I didn't say that you were stupid I said that your tactics are stupid, there's a difference, but if you want to play the victim...

And I said it's almost as if, trying to show you that your tactics are weak, not implying that you actually want to lose.

Just look to the terrible legislature report card I posted. That covers much more than just marijuana. People are catching on to how crooked they are. Many people. They are poised to make a change. I make my bid for the right kind of change as I go through my day, whether it's here, visiting people, in stores, wherever it may be. This time of year I find the long lines at stores provide a fertile ground to plant a seed or two. Be happy and show your confidence in the path ahead.  People like that. They like direction from confident and positive leaders around them. 

Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. EDGEGRAEME.

Edited by Restorium2

Just look to the terrible legislature report card I posted. That covers much more than just marijuana. People are catching on to how crooked they are. Many people. They are poised to make a change. I make my bid for the right kind of change as I go through my day, whether it's here, visiting people, in stores, wherever it may be. This time of year I find the long lines at stores provide a fertile ground to plant a seed or two. Be happy and show your confidence in the path ahead.  People like that. They like direction from confident and positive leaders around them. 

Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. EDGEGRAEME.

LOL, so that's why the gov won again last year?  When 90% are corrupt you'd just be switching one out.  Besides did dems even run an MJ friendly candidate for gov last time? 

It's not doing any good, but as long as you feel good doing it.....

And a hand written letter would take how long(little longer than posting here)?  The shock it would provide to a politician, who probably has never received a hand written letter, to get a box of them would do what they've been doing to us whenever we see gumballs if we might have a roach under the seat.  If you don't make a tactical game plan you have no chance.  You are divided and conquered.  You just don't see it and make excuses, sorry that's the way I see it.

I'll be the first to admit I ain't doin shiit.  I talk on FB but no one in my friends live in MI.  I'm letting them know the problems but they can't help.  I'm not social I don't want people in line talking to me and I don't want to talk to other people.  If you come across wrong for your audience you can push people away(like you and bb did to me) rather than draw them to your cause.

I have no clue what to do.  there seems to be absolutely no cohesion or efforts that have a chance here in my mind.  It's nothing but divide and conquer here and it's worked really well for them.  Your politicians are supposed to represent YOU no matter what the letter is after their name.  Unless someone gets to the dispensaries, which seem to be the best place to get the word out, and let's people know what the actual law is and what's actually happening, there isn't a chance to come together and fight back against the persecution we are dealing with. 

If it's already divided and there is no chance then I'll just adapt and overcome just like I always have and I'll stop wasting my time trying to get any movement going here.  I'll just stick to reading and helping in the plant section.  Just give me the word, you guys have been here longer.  If it's done and ready to stick a fork in just let me know and I'll shut up.  Just seems a letter writing campaign is the least effort for the best return.

guys just give it up will ya?

everyone helps in their own way. agree to disagree, norby.

posting the same govt corruption article to us here is preaching to the choir, resto.

go post that to other sites. we understand our govt is corrupt, we've been pointing it out every time we see it (which is pretty much every day in news articles).

i'm not telling you what to do, i'm not telling you to chill out or settle down. just bored of reading your bickering :P

The way we did it before was to brainstorm in a thread to get ideas and then list the points we wanted to get across.  Some people used a form letter and others wrote a letter according to the points we wanted to get across and added in their own experience.

Yes, I'd be quite willing to help brainstorm the points and if people wanted to leave out certain parts and focus just on incarceration or the caregiver pt system or dispensaries or testing, etc.   the main point here would be that the will of the people is being circumvented.  People don't know the actuality of the law till they are arrested, such as in outdoor grows, certain areas allowing the patients to choose and the cops even helping when there is a break in, but individuals are getting arrested, teh fact that patients are actually getting takin in and shook down for $ for a law that doesn't apply to us(may not want to bring up, I'm not a political strategist), outlining the prosecuters using post it notes as paraphenalia, loss of ability to a jury trial or jailable offense for going 1 oz overweight when wet, stalks being used from a firepit.  there are more than enough personal stories to roust up the legislature and tell them we won't take it no matter who is in office.  Let alone holding them to the peer reviewed papers and adding conditions like autism.  Proof that they are directing the labs, a corrections officer commiting suicide outside his parents house.  A school teachers life ruined over a 4x8 piece of chickenwire, etc.etc.etc.  I have these situations memorized as all I see is people being subjugated but most people don't even know about these cases if they are in A2 or Genesee co.  I just hate to see the divide and conquer work and that people think their reps only are supposed to rep their parties interest.  We need republicans writing and voting in the primaries and a list of possible candidates that are helpful to the cause.  no one is going to look that up and if you are in Gen co you have good reps and should focus on the state reps.

The politicians need to know that we know.  Right now we are the ones confused, the ones on the defensive.  If they get more different letters addressing ALL teh concerns and them being different than the last, they'll be confused and hopefully start going the other way on tehir interpretations and lay the fuk off. 

Edited by Norby

Just look at my posts, 100% positivity. 

I see, so when I said something about making fun of it and you jumped on with the Buzz Aldrin quote, that wasn't to get my goat?  Your playing the victim and just being passive aggressive now.

It''s ok resto, some people don't play well with others.  I'm one of them, but don't try and make like your trying to be positive, own it. 

Edited by Norby

Who here isn't frustrated by the political shenanigans? And yes, the Republican half of what from some perspectives could be considered a de facto one party system are worse with regard to mj and especially mmj. In particular the religious Christian right-wing are worse than the Democrats, particularly more so at the local, county, and state levels; less so at the Federal level where Leonhart's DEA replacement is just another Prohibitionist tool.

For all the pettifoggery, just exactly what has either party done to ease Prohibition? Not talk, but real reform?

Have real changes to mj and mmj come through the support of politicians of either party?

Or were the real changes like the MMMA effected by voter initiatives and not by either party?

That is my complaint about the Dems good Repubs bad theory. It is too simplistic. Sort of like writing letters. Makes me feel better to remind my so-called fiscal conservative legislatures of the billions they are wasting but like my posts here, what difference does it make?

Edited by outsideinthecold

With enough people, all the difference in the world.  Which is why divide and conquer works so well.  It's the root of what's happening in Mi.  No one really knows what's going on till they get busted.  The dem strongholds? A2, flint, detroit, Jackson, etc. are listening and laying off.  One is better than the other in that they lay off a lot of the time.  Unless they hear from us everything they say in the press is right according to them.  No one is saying otherwise.  So teh politiciancs are giving everything to their friends and interests that will be taxed to death and passed on to the patients.  If they don't know that patients care that they can get meds that are tested OR NOT TESTED, from stores AND caregivers, etc. how are they to know?  If no one stands up for the people going to court from the community  the judge thinks they are putting away a criminal, not a respected member of the community.  If you don't stand up for the people in court the judge thinks that even the med MJ community is against these people "acting outside the law".  Maybe people are against the ones acting outside the law, but it's confusing when people say No one should go to jail for a plant. 

Edited by Norby

Who here isn't frustrated by the political shenanigans? And yes, the Republican half of what from some perspectives could be considered a de facto one party system are worse with regard to mj and especially mmj. In particular the religious Christian right-wing are worse than the Democrats, particularly more so at the local, county, and state levels; less so at the Federal level where Leonhart's DEA replacement is just another Prohibitionist tool.

For all the pettifoggery, just exactly what has either party done to ease Prohibition? Not talk, but real reform?

Have real changes to mj and mmj come through the support of politicians of either party?

Or were the real changes like the MMMA effected by voter initiatives and not by either party?

That is my complaint about the Dems good Repubs bad theory. It is too simplistic. Sort of like writing letters. Makes me feel better to remind my so-called fiscal conservative legislatures of the billions they are wasting but like my posts here, what difference does it make?

It is old news that elected office holders, for the very most part, have steered clear of the issue altogether except to see that the stuff remains prohibited. I don't know what it is they are so afraid of. The evidence is in, and there is no more reasonable option to hold with the notion that the drug is in any way dangerous, and the electorate has made it clear that eliminating prohibition while leaving the general population to produce it ourselves is what we want. That corporate America is jumping in because of the prospect of making vast sums of money is disgusting because it has been a cog in the wheel that drives prohibition. We, for the very most part as pointedly shown in at the voting booth, do not want it to fall into corporate hands with heavy government intrusion. That does not just include we in the State of Michigan, but throughout the country. Total and unfettered freedom to cultivate in our gardens and basements, sell, and use the stuff ourselves is what the electorate wants. That prohibition is the mother's milk of law enforcement is perhaps the greatest obstacle.