Senate Judiciary Committee Meeting 12/08/2015

mp4c

I didnt diss on any one, I told suneday she wont have to worry about the trolls here because 2 of the 3 wont be there!

You stuck your nose in my biz, go look back, you are the one that lied and you are no untrust worthy in my mind,  you even said we were there, what does cpu have a mouse named mal in their pockets!

Go back and read my reply to suneday, she didnt want to get the trolls going!  I said what I said, I even said 2 of the 3  wont be there because they may not like to go out in public or they cant because of their disability and I said im not knocking that,

You phaq with me every time I say something you dont like lil fella, so you are the lil nerd hiding behind the screen,,,,,,well Im the guy that would get himself kicked out like the vet did!  I enjoyed him saying it like it is, but it didnt do a whole lot of good, it did show what a ss hats we have running our state though!

How is that mighty mal?

Peace

Actually,  half literate.

I hope your situation resolves. 

Just prior to closing.  'maybe or possibly'... not sure the exact wording but I do know I heard the word "Thursday" :)

I will defer to you and semi. I was already back home and watched the end on the 'puter. I don't pay attention too well at home.

Is going worth it at this point? Rocca was on his phone the whole time, colbeck is feverishly looking up nida facts and cbd, and jones hates caregivers. 3 votes right there.

Is going worth it at this point? Rocca was on his phone the whole time, colbeck is feverishly looking up nida facts and cbd, and jones hates caregivers. 3 votes right there.

Witnessing history is kinda cool. :-)

And yes,... once the machinations of what is actually happening is seen, it can make one a bit soured.

Like I said, many times the committee hearings are a mere required technicality. The real work happens behind the scenes.

Aren't we all on the same side here?

My brother had to move back into my parents' basement when he was fifty-eight and they were both ninety. So what?

Even now my older sister, whose husband is a retired WHR exec just couldn't understand how thin the line is between luck and skill. But I know.

My brother was eighteen months younger and two years behind me in school. My parents thought I was a cry baby because I hated playing football. My brother was a high school star athlete and BMOC. My parents considered him their golden child. Although older, even by the time I entered high school I was an after-thought. So it goes.

I was drafted in Jan 1968 after I quit college at the start of my senior year. Unsuspecting I'd gone to pick up the only girlfriend I'd ever had (Kirstie Alley's older sister Collette) as planned after our 1967 summer break only to be told her grandmother didn't like me and she didn't want to see me again.

Best advice I ever got? Try to be more human. Still working on that. How about you?

Hang in there Phaq, and everyone else for that matter. We are all in this together and none of us will get out of here alive.

Amen! So, let's all agree to disagree on occasion and leave each to his own opinion.  "The only thing that separates us our are beliefs."  (can't recall the author....) The chance of any of us changing someone else's beliefs is slim to nonexistent, so let's stay focused on what we all want and quit badmouthing each other.  Sometimes these exchanges remind me of junior high......a lot of wasted energy!

I hear Semi's vote date, and it could well be... But it would likely be announced. Note in the posting of a date they give a caveat for other stuff that can be brought up....

But I have not seen a notice for a meeting yet....

Dakota Blue Serna provided much help when the New Conditions Panel worked on PTSD. He is a great friend and an honorable man. Sen Jones had a pretty thin skin to toss him from the hearing yesterday, in my opinion.

I will defer to you and semi. I was already back home and watched the end on the 'puter. I don't pay attention too well at home.

imo no, theres nothing that can be done in jones committee wrt testimony or showing up. unless you go there and make a scene....

but there is something to be done, be sure to contact a few of your local reps and tell them how you feel on the bills.

Done for 2015. They do not have the votes to get out of committee and Meekoff (Senate President) refused to bring it up for a vote this year.

MIRS News: Medical marijuana regulation shelved until 2016

Medical Marijuana Regulation Shelved Until 2016

New regulations on the state's medical marijuana industry won't be coming out of the Legislature in 2015 and may have problems moving in the Senate next year with a House-passed package having stalled in a Senate committee.

Sen. Rick JONES (R-Grand Ledge), chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said political in-fighting within the medical marijuana community has created a situation where he doesn't have the votes in his committee to move Click to add MIRS Bill Hound HB 4209, Click to add MIRS Bill Hound HB 4210 or Click to add MIRS Bill Hound HB 4827.

"I wanted to make this medicine and not dope," Jones said. "This has been an attempt to make medical marijuana legitimate and now I hope (supporters) have a lot of bond money because one these days they're going to get into a lot of trouble."

He said he asked Senate Majority Leader Arlan MEEKHOF (R-West Olive) to discharge the bills from his committee. While that may happen, Meekhof spokesperson Amber McCANN said told MIRS, "There are no plans to take up this issue by the full Senate before the end of the year."

The revamped House package looked to be moving out the Senate after a historically skeptical Jones signed off on the legislation. Law enforcement groups and prosecutors turned their opposition on the bills to neutrality.

Medical marijuana would be legally sold at provisioning centers with a 3 percent tax tacked on under the bills. They create separate licensing for marijuana growers, transporters and sellers. Also, municipalities would have the choice of whether to authorize medical marijuana facilities within their boundaries (See "Jones Hopes To Move Medical Marijuana Package After Break," 11/13/15).

While the medical marijuana didn't exactly present a united front during Tuesday's Senate Judiciary Committee (See "No Vote Yet On Medical Marijuana Regulation In Senate Judiciary," 12/8/15), there isn't exactly a loud clamoring in the Senate for the bills either.

Neither Sen. Tonya SCHUITMAKER (R-Lawton) nor Sen. Tory ROCCA (R-Sterling Heights) -- both members of Jones' committee -- are big fans of what they see as "decriminalizing" what is an illegal product in the eyes of the federal government, according to one source.

Likewise, Sen. Steve BIEDA (D-Warren) said he told Jones that he "couldn't guarantee him a 'yes' vote" on the bills because he had some unanswered questions he needed to work out.

The fifth member of Jones' committee, conservative Sen. Patrick COLBECK (R-Canton) said he's a "no" on the bills.

Rep. Mike CALLTON (R-Nashville), the bills' sponsor, said he believes there's still a chance his medical marijuana proposal will be through the Legislature later this session.

He noted that the composition of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which includes only five members, has made it more difficult to advance the bill.

In bigger committees, he said, the personalities are more blended.

"It's like a wine," Callton joked. "If you have a blend of wines or scotches, it takes out any of the extremities in either particular blend. When you only have five people on a committee, you don't have enough blending to take out the extremities."

Callton said he doesn't believe any of the Senate no votes are "a hell no."

"The fat lady hasn't sung yet," he said. "We've got a whole year to talk to members, to talk about their fears and issues with it."

Also, hanging over the Senate is a FOX2 News report from last month that tied the current medical marijuana bills to Senate campaign benefactor Ron BOJI, the big winner in the Senate's pending move from the Farnum Building to Capitol View.

Reporter M.L. ELRICK gave Boji a passing mention in his Nov. 24 report, but marijuana blogger RickTHOMPSON and former congressional candidate George BRIKHO has relentlessly fingered Boji as wanting the legislation to include a "costly middleman position reserved solely for wealth entrenched special interests."

The Elrick story also showed how tens of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions have been funneled to Jones, Meekhof and several other legislators in the House and Senate.

While the contributions are certainly not illegal or out of the ordinary for Lansing, the story has not helped create a critical mass of support for the legislation either, MIRS has learned.

Sen. Rick JONES (R-Grand Ledge), chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said political in-fighting within the medical marijuana community has created a situation where he doesn't have the votes in his committee. 

BOOM! Mission accomplished.  Very proud to have done my part. Next. 

"I wanted to make this medicine and not dope," Jones said. "This has been an attempt to make medical marijuana legitimate and now I hope (supporters) have a lot of bond money because one these days they're going to get into a lot of trouble."

Then quit being a dope! Medical Marijuana is legitimate all on it's own without your subterfuge.  That last part ^ was a shot across the bow of the dispensary owners by a petulant spoiled brat. A lot of good your (dispensary lobby) bribes did. 

We need to hammer this home;

Also, hanging over the Senate is a FOX2 News report from last month that tied the current medical marijuana bills to Senate campaign benefactor Ron BOJI, the big winner in the Senate's pending move from the Farnum Building to Capitol View.

Reporter M.L. ELRICK gave Boji a passing mention in his Nov. 24 report, but marijuana blogger RickTHOMPSON and former congressional candidate George BRIKHO has relentlessly fingered Boji as wanting the legislation to include a "costly middleman position reserved solely for wealth entrenched special interests."

The Elrick story also showed how tens of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions have been funneled to Jones, Meekhof and several other legislators in the House and Senate.

While the contributions are certainly not illegal or out of the ordinary for Lansing, the story has not helped create a critical mass of support for the legislation either, MIRS has learned. 

Generally under stress (and don't think Jones isn't under stress) folks mention things they with which they are familiar.

While the outrage many here feel towards Jones (and his Republican sycophants) is justified and understandable, my first thought in watching this sad excuse for a human being is actually gratitude.

I am grateful as heck I am not him.

He said he asked Senate Majority Leader Arlan MEEKHOF (R-West Olive) to discharge the bills from his committee. While that may happen, Meekhof spokesperson Amber McCANN said told MIRS, "There are no plans to take up this issue by the full Senate before the end of the year."

i'm still dumbfounded how someone who represents less than 5,000 people ( according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Township,_Ottawa_County,_Michigan) runs an entire legislative wing of the michigan state govt.