Mich. Supreme Court Allows Gr Decrim Marijuana Law To Stand

zachw

I don't know why you can't send me a PM.  I never shut that down.  I don't see anything in my "dashboard" that addresses the issue.

I've tried a few times, and gotten a text box that says, "The member Highlander cannot receive any new messages". Perhaps get with a mod or admin to sort it out please.

Notwithstanding any other pro- vision of law, a violation of this act or rules implementing this act or performance of an action involving marihuana not authorized by this act, except for operating any motor vehicle, aircraft, or motorboat under the influence of marihuana, shall be exclusively punishable as follows

Therein lies the problem with MI legalize.  Same issue we have with the MMMA and the clause. "in accordance with this Act."  It leaves what LEOs will interpret as a "grey area" and just move forward with the same ol' same ol', "just arrest them, seize assets, and let the courts sort it out."

Are not the alternatives to milegalize the present bills in committee or Beck's plan? If nothing more, is not milegalize the best of a number of bad options that has any chance to prevent the others from gaining ground?

I am not sure what to do about the conflict on these legalization threads, other than to suggest that those who can't handle the vigorous debate on the subject should decide for themselves not to engage in it, rather than attempting to get the site administration to somehow control the conversation.

There are differing perspectives on the truths of the matter, as well as different desirable outcomes, depending on who you are and what is important to you. In addition, there are certain outcomes that are potentially disastrous for currently registered patients and their caregivers, and not everybody fully understands the forces at work.

In the end, the conversation will continue here, whether people can handle it or not. The main purpose of this site is education.

It is best in public debate if the proponents of opposing views don't lash out at each other, but keep the focus on the ideas being debated. Hope that helps.

Therein lies the problem.  Are these really DEBATES, or are they bullying other's opinions?  I'm all for CONVERSATIONS, but tire of the vitriol and rudeness that ensues in these so called "conversations".  If these postings were really about EDUCATION, then we'd carry on a polite and civil dialogue.  It's becoming harder and harder to participate when all that some do is denigrate and condemn each other.

Personally, imo it IS the role of the site admins to police the "conversations".  When someone calls someone else an donkey rectum, imo that's out of line and it's the mods responsibility to nip it in the bud.  I'm all for free speech, but I KNOW that some of the language around here is driving people - good people - away.  And, we - the MJ community, need all the good people we can get.

I think we need to start attacking ideas instead of people.

"Your idea is bad because __________."

not

"I don't agree so Fuk you, you're an anus."

Opinion is the lowest form of human intelligence. It requires no accountability, understanding, or respect for truth.

Edited by GregS

Play word games all you want. When you can't go to prison for growing marijuana then you have it right. Anything less is a step backwards. If you start paying people, using our own money against us, to have us put in jail, you have given ground we will never regain.

Remember those two things and you will be on the right page all down the line and you will not need a thesaurus.

What?

"This"what more BS, this "tomato model" crap is crazy if you think this has a chance your delusional. ML is not perfect but if we don't support something that has a chance we will fail at progress. Sorry resto but I disagree with 99% of what you say, but I respect your opinions. If ML makes the ballot and we vote no on it over a few regulations, the legislature will have a field day with it for years. As much as we'd all like to see it MJ will never be legal like vegetables, it is an intoxicant it just is. We need to get behind something that will work not what we want, because what we want won't always work.

"This"what more BS, this "tomato model" crap is crazy if you think this has a chance your delusional. ML is not perfect but if we don't support something that has a chance we will fail at progress. Sorry resto but I disagree with 99% of what you say, but I respect your opinions. If ML makes the ballot and we vote no on it over a few regulations, the legislature will have a field day with it for years. As much as we'd all like to see it MJ will never be legal like vegetables, it is an intoxicant it just is. We need to get behind something that will work not what we want, because what we want won't always work.

Why doesn't wiping out all penalties for marijuana work? Explain that to me. Is it you don't think it would get the sigs? Is it that you don't think people in Michigan want it? There are no other reasons.

If you run around saying that marijuana is a dangerous intoxicant then it probably wouldn't work. Why did you do that? I have 50+ legal intoxicant plants growing in my woods. Why did you want to pick on one?

I don't particularly like being called delusional because I do not think that more laws is what we need.

Cannabis must be removed from the CSA and anything less is still criminal.

Those who believe this cannot happen are only repeating the same prohibition bs that has been pounded

into our brains our entire lives.  The same indoctrination that 'they' hope we still believe.

Think beyond prohibition to be part of the solution.

Thinking that we won't be 'allowed' to remove cannabis from the CSA is indeed part of the problem.

I want solutions and another law that we cannot later 'take back' is not a viable solution.

this "tomato model" crap is crazy if you think this has a chance your delusional. 

What I want to know is how did we get here? All it took was some quazi legalization and our wonderful plant became something to be scared of.

Used to be everyone agreed that marijuana plants should be treated like tomato plants. It used to be a rally point. The light at the end of the tunnel. Now you get called names if you go there.