Anybody Tried The New O2 Oxygen Emitter From O2Grow.com? It's Patented

pic book

and the company says in university tests it produces 50% more dissolved oxygen than grow stones (and 20% more roots).  'they say' it doesn't just blow oxygen like grow stones and bubblers.  It's electrolysis....

WTF WHO CARES?  Suxcsing insane, ain't they?  Look at them prices!

20 gallon    $299

40 gallon    $399

120 galllon $1199

250 gallon  $1999

Let me take a guess at their problem with their problem which they call a 'product'.   They developed it and then unfortunately decided to manufacture their technology from scratch, instead of licensing it to existing manufacturers and spreading it across the spectrum of all those already manufacturing bubblers and venturiis and grow stones. So after tooling and space and etc., they had sunk millions of venture capital, all of which demands an exit strategy (forces an exit strategy) and the one thing left to do was the wrong thing to do, price it so the only parties who can afford it are themselves commercial grows funded by venture capitalists.

"20% increase in yields in university tests."  I find that quite probable, but o2grow makes one claim that smells fishy.  "It causes faster plant growth."  Anybody wanna test that one out?  I sure do, cause I don't know any technology that will shave even one whole day of flowering off a healthy plant...ain't that determined by genetics?

Edited by pic book

pic: faster growth does not mean faster harvest.

it means faster growth, which means more yield compared to a slower growth plant if you grow for the same period of time.

this tech really looks good. although it only works in water?

oh, you oxygenate the water and then water the plants?

heres an alternate root air injector, which kinda uses a weird hydro/soil hybrid.

http://shop.modularhydro.com/AIT-for-Soil_c34.htm

seems cheaper than the electrolysis, it just uses regular air pumps.

Electrolysis of water is the decomposition of water (H2O) into oxygen (O2) and hydrogen gas (H2) due to an electric current being passed through the water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water

seems easy enough to just make your own electrolysis at home , assuming you dont fry yourself with electricity and water...

• 4 weeks later...

who are these types chasing higher potency, bigger yields, faster growth etc ?  sounds like Monsanto to me, instead of caregivers helping the sick. :dodgyrun:

Is this a joke?  Every day I chase higher potency, bigger yields and faster growth...  My patients appreciate my hard work as well so I'm not sure what kind of patients you have but speak for yourself man!

Anyways, these companies who produce these things kill me.  The waterfall effect has the highest displacement of air throughout water than anything does... It's not that water bubbles get on the roots to keep it oxygenated in a hydro system, it's disrupting the water so that air will be replenished from the surface.  I like how companies and people think the point of stones is to directly give roots air from the bubbles it makes... LOL

Shutout to all the suckers that bought this though.  I know I've made my fair share of impulse buys and mistakes.

Is this a joke?  Every day I chase higher potency, bigger yields and faster growth...  My patients appreciate my hard work as well so I'm not sure what kind of patients you have but speak for yourself man!

sorry you missed the " :dodgyrun:" .

That emoji indicates a "dodgy run"

try to keep up :P

welcome to the forum

on a serious note I don't chase anything in the garden, my room is spot on and I'm a soil scientist, my plants always know exactly what to do, and have no choice but to develop into all that they can be. They finish on time every time and are chocked full of goodness.  Feed the soil, plants are smart.

welcome to the forum

on a serious note I don't chase anything in the garden, my room is spot on and I'm a soil scientist, my plants always know exactly what to do, and have no choice but to develop into all that they can be. They finish on time every time and are chocked full of goodness.  Feed the soil, plants are smart.

^^^ That reminds me of something I saw. Can't quit remember what it was ....... AHHH I FOUND IT! Enjoy!

welcome to the forum

I didn't want to take that on a serious level but I'm not used to how you speak so forgive my remark!  And I've never seen a dodgy run before :lol:

Give me a few days, I'll have this figured out in no time!  I'm onto you now grass.. :watching:  

lol.

since fall harvest ive been on break but i vicariously live growing thru a buddy.  he has no furnace so just lights the gas pipe (metal tip). thus, no thermostat... he had the fire tongue set for the recent cold----with the current warmth his veg room is at 100f---his 60% indica leaps daily---u can see new inches daily.  way more than prior progress at 80f and 60 rh. his recipe is pro mix and a door open to the weather all the time plus a window open to flow air thru 24/7.

Edited by pic book

I didn't want to take that on a serious level but I'm not used to how you speak so forgive my remark!  And I've never seen a dodgy run before :lol:

Give me a few days, I'll have this figured out in no time!  I'm onto you now grass.. :watching:  

lol.

Pay attention to GM, he probably is the most technical grower on the forum. No offense to others but Grass will make your head explode.