Flint Citizens Want Snyder’S Head; Gov. Begs Obama For Help

Norby

http://reverbpress.com/news/flint-citizens-snyder-obama-help/

flint citizens mobilize against Gov. Rick Snyder for his negligence.

Flint citizens have about had it with Governor Rick Snyder, as Detroit citizens felt before them. The man has dragged his feet on an ongoing poisoned water scandal that has plagued Flint for over a year, so the people have called for his arrest, demanded his resignation, filed recall petitions, and initiated a class action lawsuit.

The problem began when Snyder’s emergency managers switched Flint’s water supply source, in April of 2014, to the highly contaminated Flint River. The resulting corrosion of pipes released lead into the water coming out of taps.

Now the beleaguered governor wants help — the federal government’s help. On Thursday, Snyder asked President Obama to declare a state of emergency. In addition to the health problems caused by lead in the water, an outbreak of Legionnaire’s Disease — with 10 fatalities — could be linked to the contaminated water. Flint citizens may be dying due to the governor’s negligent behavior and Snyder is in deep trouble.

Flint citizens have called for Governor Rick Snyder’s his arrest, demanded his resignation, filed recall petitions, and initiated a class action lawsuit for his negligence.

The governor, who didn’t declare a state of emergency at the state level until January 5th, wants the declaration from the President so that federal funds will clean up his mess. According to the Detroit Free Press, funds could pay for temporary housing, home repairs, property losses, and repairing public facilities. The governor doesn’t deserve help, but Flint citizens certainly do.

a press release in the middle of the night?

Governor Rick Snyder issued a press release about his request at 11:30 p.m on Thursday — practically in the middle of the night. Now, gee, why would that be? Didn’t he want people to know that relief is on the way?

He certainly didn’t want the Tea Party conservatives who first swept him into office in 2010 to pay attention. After all, Snyder is supposed to be gutting government — something he has done with gusto in Michigan — and privatizing what are now public services. This demonstration of need for a larger government entity to protect the welfare of the people just doesn’t fit with the party line.

The former venture capitalist has worked to gut all forms of services that are essential to working people — including education, state pensions, and unions — but had no problem with the federal bailout of the auto industry. His abuses have sparked the development of  multiple anti-Snyder and recall-Snyder Facebook pages, like We Won’t Forget What Gov. Snyder & Co. Have Done To MichiganBut now, the two-faced skunk tells the press that he would appreciate federal officials’ “partnership” with him in working together “to address the challenges” in Flint.

Of course, the damage to the people of Flint is the primary consideration here. That’s a good thing for Snyder because, otherwise, it’d be very tempting to tell him to “eat bunny muffin”. After all, that’s pretty darn close to the sentence he handed to Flint.

Watch here as the National Guard delivers water in Flint:

dirty pigs, I can only imagine how many piggies are involved in this one alone. And how many are tidying up their other affairs because of it. Pieces of crap elected have always existed. We put them into office. We know they're dirty pigs....because of the way they cant help themselves for wanting to push their own agenda on others, and aspire to be politicians in order to do so. Next one will be a pig too. We cant help ourselves :notfair:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/obama-signs-emergency-order-over-flint-water/ar-BBoeWOo?li=BBnbcA1

DETROIT (AP) — "President Barack Obama signed an emergency declaration Saturday for Flint, Michigan, that clears the way for federal aid for the city, which is undergoing a drinking water crisis.

The White House issued a release calling for the Federal Emergency Management Agency to coordinate all disaster relief efforts to "alleviate the hardship and suffering" on residents. Flint switched water supplies in 2014, and the corrosive water from the Flint River leached lead from old pipes.

FEMA has been authorized to provide water, filters, cartridges and other items for 90 days. Direct federal funding also will be made available.

Republican Gov. Rick Snyder requested the declaration late Thursday, saying needs "far exceed the state's capability," and added that emergency measures could cost $41 million. His letter to Obama painted a bleak picture of the troubled city, describing Flint as an "impoverished area" that has been overwhelmed by the release of lead from old pipes.

The tap water in Flint, population 99,000, became contaminated after the city switched its water supply from the Detroit water system to the Flint River while a pipeline to Lake Huron is under construction. The corrosive water lacked adequate treatment and caused lead to leach from old pipes in homes and schools.

Flint returned to the Detroit system in October after elevated lead levels were discovered in children, and could tap into the new pipeline by summer."

But officials remain concerned that damaged pipes could continue to leach lead, to which exposure can cause behavior problems and learning disabilities in children as well as kidney ailments in adults.

The National Guard has been distributing free water, filters and other supplies.

Members of Michigan's congressional delegation applauded the move. Democratic U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow said she will push for long-term resources, and Democratic Rep. Dan Kildee said residents "deserve every resource available to make sure they have safe water and are able to recover from this terrible man-made disaster created by the state."

THANK YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA

HELLL NO SNYDER GOTTA GO!

Once again the Democrats have to bail out these incompetent fknrepublicans

VOTE EVERY republican out of office, Every chance you get.

Your life may depend on it.

The Greatest threat to the U.S. Is the GOP

Edited by beourbud

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/01/president_obama_signs_emergenc.html

President Obama signs emergency declaration over Flint's water crisis

9273547.png By Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com

on January 16, 2016 at 3:28 PM, updated January 16, 2016 at 6:17 PM
19512545-small.jpgPresident Barack Obama. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

FLINT, MI – President Barack Obama has signed an emergency declaration following a request from Gov. Rick Snyder that would open the door for federal aid to deal with Flint's water crisis.

"The President's action authorizes the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to coordinate all disaster relief efforts which have the purpose of alleviating the hardship and suffering caused by the emergency on the local population, and to provide appropriate assistance for required emergency measures, authorized under Title V of the Stafford Act, to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, and to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in Genesee County," reads a statement from FEMA.

Snyder asked on Jan. 14 for President Obama to declare a federal emergency, after a state of emergency was declared by the governor on Jan. 5 in Genesee County.

FEMA is authorized to provide equipment and resources to "alleviate the impacts of the emergency," according to the statement."Emergency protective measures, limited to direct federal assistance, will be provided at 75 percent federal funding," reads the statement. "This emergency assistance is to provide water, water filters, water filter cartridges, water test kits, and other necessary related items for a period of no more than 90 days."

19559507-large.jpg

Public never told, but investigators suspected Flint River tie to Legionnaires' in 2014

Public health officials identified the Flint River as a potential source of a deadly outbreak of Legionnaires' disease some 15 months ago.

W. Craig Fugate, Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Department of Homeland Security, has named David G. Samaniego as the Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the Flint area.

U.S. Rep. Dan Kildee, D-Flint Township, said he welcomed the president's announcement. 

"The residents and children of Flint deserve every resource available to make sure that they have safe water and are able to recover from this terrible man-made disaster created by the state," Kildee said.

I am truly amused by our anti-government big boys crawling to the feds for welfare.

All the while the dems are cheering this catastrophe as it will be more of a political opportunity for them and much less of an emergency. We'll replace self-righteous idiots with more of the same. When did government become a giant frat/sorority?

No winners in the mitten lately....and the whole country finally sees how bad we are. Gamrat/courser, gov transparency, labs working with msp, foia requests, and now this. Moving back from Washington was the biggest mistake of my like. I am ashamed to be a michigander

I'm proud to be a Michigander. Always have been and always will be. You have a good amount of idiots and crooks in every state. Just don't be one and be proud. 

Edited by Restorium2

All the while the dems are cheering this catastrophe as it will be more of a political opportunity for them and much less of an emergency.

i've seen some "i told you so" but no cheering. cmon with that bunny muffin.

edit: i take it back, i've seen a lot of racists and/or jokers on mlive comments talking about how they are glad to be rid of more "dems/libs" in flint.

i've seen some "i told you so" but no cheering. cmon with that bunny muffin.edit: i take it back, i've seen a lot of racists and/or jokers on mlive comments talking about how they are glad to be rid of more "dems/libs" in flint.

that was directed more at the legislature fellas. I friend works for the dems at the capital....he let me know how giddy dems are about this...at least in political terms.

When Snyder went out there and bragged about how good of a job he was doing here that he would run for president I about wanted to blow chunks.

I appreciate Bernie calling for his resignation. Hilary called it playing politics. The national news didn't mention how Flint got where it did. In this particular circumstance EVERYONE needs to point out who was at fault. If you can't help feeling good about it because it fits your political view that's double good for you. Go ahead and be giddy. There's no fault in enjoying your job once in a while. 

When Snyder went out there and bragged about how good of a job he was doing here that he would run for president I about wanted to blow chunks.

I appreciate Bernie calling for his resignation. Hilary called it playing politics. The national news didn't mention how Flint got where it did. In this particular circumstance EVERYONE needs to point out who was at fault. If you can't help feeling good about it because it fits your political view that's double good for you. Go ahead and be giddy. There's no fault in enjoying your job once in a while.

the fault is putting politics before people. But hey, we all have different ideologies. Personally, public service is not a game. I guess others feel different. Harm being brought to innocent people should never be applauded, regardless of any unintended benefit. Pretty shallow and a bit perverse imo. Edited by suneday11

Well said Resto. IMHO there is nothing wrong with being happy that our republicans in Michigan handed us a failure on a golden platter to finally shine the spotlight on the failures of the Republican Party. It's called making lemonade out of lemons. Most republican nonsense is lost on the common people, because, somehow, republicans have been successful convincing many poor people that it is in their best interest to vote republican.

I still find it funny (funny in a bad way) that republicans, who want small government don't tell anyone that poor red states, mostly in the south, get more federal dollars per capita than blue states.

that was directed more at the legislature fellas. I friend works for the dems at the capital....he let me know how giddy dems are about this...at least in political terms.

BULL SHEET..

The Dems are as shocked about this as any human can be.

Get some help. That is some twisted spin dude.

Edited by beourbud

And in swings resto jr.

I'm appalled too beabutt. :) find someone else to hate on. You don't impress me.

He interned for several reps over the years and now works for the dems. Bull sheet? Nope. Face it, monsters on both sides.

I'm a liberal....

So who was it? You don't have to reveal your buds name just the rep he is accusing.

If you don't know, find out.

No name. = It didn't happen and you can rip up your liberal card.

Edited by beourbud

Flint citizens have called for Governor Rick Snyder’s arrest, demanded his resignation, filed recall petitions, and initiated a class action lawsuit for his negligence.

I think that statement makes it pretty clear what the people who live there think/want. No one has to put words in their mouths. No one has to push them into a political agenda to have a better governor. They are begging for change. I bet a very small percentage of people there even voted for Snyder. They are sick and tired of false representation in our government. You see their real representation wanting to amplify their message and those that would continue to hurt Flint muting it. 

I agree ^^ resto, which is why it was uneccesary for you and beabutt to get defensive. Those words up there are mine and they are against republicans.

If you guys truly don't think there is a single Democrat out there that doesn't see this as a political opportunity, wow, I got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Lots if issues in today's complex world. Not sure why you fellas can only see dems and repubs.

Furthermore, there are two types of approaches to life. There is one of inclusiveness and of exclusiveness. The inclusive people try to bring folks together. Educate and communicate with positivity. Then the exclusive types, they are elitists, haters, and seek to keep out all those viewed as the enemy. Vitriol and rhetoric win in their book. Attack a fellow mmma patient/caregiver, attack a potential abrogate voter, and attack a potential voter for your party? Exclusion working for you two?

No one attacked you. Surprise surprise. I've been ignoring you actually. And that will continue due to your lack of understanding that everything isn't about you. With me, nothing is about you. Try applying that to all situations here and you will understand me better. Nothing is about you. Never was ever. My posts are for/about a broader audience.