Flint Citizens Want Snyder’S Head; Gov. Begs Obama For Help

Norby

There is a special place in hell for people like Rick Snyder.

It seems Snyder has gone and hired himself two defense attorneys to deal with the mess arising out of Flint, but he’s making the people of Flint pay for it. And every other taxpayer in the state.

That’s because their official job is to handle all the lawsuits directed at the State from an “investigatory” standpoint. But defending the “State” is actually defending the Governor, and all of the leg work, research and other legal dumpster diving they do on his behalf is covered by the good people of Michigan to the tune of nearly half a million bucks.

Why “nearly” $500,000? Because each lawyer is getting $249,000 for working just the rest of this year. Coincidentally, that’s $1,000 below the threshold where Snyder’s expenditure would have to go before a review board.

Snyder may be going to Hell in a taxpayer-funded bucket, but when he gets there, he’ll spend eternity with nothing to drink but molten lead.

Rick Snyder is 1% , He is going with the OJ Simpson Strategy. Buy your way out..

It's not about the Good People of Flint, it's ALL About him.

I suspect it will end the same for Rick as with OJ.

The responsible thing to do would be step down.

The honorable thing to do would be fall on your sword.

And i agree 

Rick Snyder not stepping down is a good reminder that this Flint water situation is the responsibility of the entire Republican government and the voters that elected them.

Right. I was going to post that WE voted for a terribly unstable guy for governor. But I couldn't bring myself to take responsibility for that because I fought to not have him voted in. Just like the rest of his insane clown posse. We have been set up to fail. 

They finally  put one of Rottens main shills Darnell Earley on the hot seat today as the second round of the House Oversight hearings got under way in DC.  Also under the gun was Dr Susan Hedman, the EPA official who stepped down earlier this year.  Neither managed to provide much defense for their actions and were contradicted on numerous statements they made.  Dr Mark Edwards was quite clear that Hedmans' part was truly criminal in nature. However it was pointed out that the SoM shared considerable responsibility also.   It did not go well for either of them... would be a considerable understatement of the contempt they produced with their testimony and the results of their thoughtless disregard for humanity. The entire EM program was shown to be inhumane, immoral, undemocratic and not an acceptable solution for solving anything related to principles of good government, including its justifying principal...economics.

They had previously taken  depositions from Dan Wyant,  another of Snyders', tools who headed MDEQ before he  stepped down last Dec.  Apparently this was done behind closed doors. Dayne Walling also provided testimony. A short video was also shown to the attendees was  of him allegedly drinking the Flint water on a local news program. He comments on the water giving it acceptable review, however he drank from a white mug and we must assume it is the Flint water he's drinking. At 3:28:40 of the cSpan video J. Chaffetz questions him about his dual role as head of the Karegondi Water Authority...

Rotten will be the guest of dishonor on Thursday the 17th @ 8:00 am along with EPA head Gina McCarthy.

> FP story <

The Hearing on Cspan

Link for Thursdays' hearing on Cspan  ... starts at 8 am ...

Edited by solabeirtan

i think a lot of people would support the EM law if it actually worked. you can tell it does not work because some of these cities have had 4 different EMs with no luck. also DPS has had a few EM's with no luck either.

people were leaving comments about mayor wailing's testimony being full of bunny muffin.

i think a lot of people would support the EM law if it actually worked. you can tell it does not work because some of these cities have had 4 different EMs with no luck. also DPS has had a few EM's with no luck either.

people were leaving comments about mayor wailing's testimony being full of bunny muffin.

We see now that it was a horrible mistake by MDEQ and their arrogance that they were exactly right with their water recipe and they were not listening to anyone telling them they were wrong. No checks and balances, just doubling down on the mistakes and the bad water. Water quality is too important not to have someone check your work. You have lives in your hands. 

MDEQ has nothing to do with the EM. snyder appointed dan wyant though (and keith creagh) neither of which are qualified to run MDEQ.

you know what really scares me? no one at MDEQ sounded the alarm. no one at MDEQ spoke out. how many different employees worked on flint and ignored and covered water quality reports up? more than the 2 that were fired thats what.

i should probably watch the hearings. although its not like the people in charge have been honest for the last 2 years i doubt they will start now.

MDEQ has nothing to do with the EM. snyder appointed dan wyant though (and keith creagh) neither of which are qualified to run MDEQ.

you know what really scares me? no one at MDEQ sounded the alarm. no one at MDEQ spoke out. how many different employees worked on flint and ignored and covered water quality reports up? more than the 2 that were fired thats what.

For 6 months the EPA tried to get MDEQ to get some help with the water project. To the point that they were looking into if it were legal to step in. Their legal people said they couldn't legally step in for the MDEQ. So the MDEQ was left to steer the ship all on their own because they said they were doing fine. Arrogance in the face of safety measures that would have saved lives. How do we deal with that? 

i forgot about that, how many mdeq employees argued that the feds had no authority?

who was MDEQ's legal counsel? schuette?

Not sure. They have the emails. 

Yes, Schuette has been the legal council all through this. Then they ask him to investigate himself. Congress caught 'someone' altering emails. They said it was not a substantial alteration but it shows things are being 'fixed'.

Just another heads up the hearing has just started and RSnyder is giving his opening statement currently ...

Heres another link 

Ironically I learned that yesterday was National Freedom of Information Day. This was one of the key factors that has allowed this administration to perpetuate their assault on our states democratic functioning as well as the almost complete cover up of this tragedy.

"The annual observance of Freedom of Information Day began in 2003 as a reminder of the power of the First Amendment and the importance of transparency and accountability among elected leaders, "

WHMI - Livingston County

Edited by solabeirtan

For those of you who didn't/don't have the 3 hours to spare, for the entire hearing... Rachel does a brilliant synopsis of the events of yesterday as usual. Here (7+ min) One of the things she overlooked and one of the most poignant was Rep Matt Cartwright Ⓓ Penn. Here (5 min)  

In spite of his imposition of the EM program and in spite of being voted out by a voter initiative in 2011 yet reinstated by our Republican dominated legislature, he still touts its benefits and has no intention of making changes. Freep Article  So says the toughest Turd in MI... 

rick snyder in his opening statement called the lead and copper rule "dumb and dangerous".

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/flint-water-crisis/2016/03/17/snyder-epa-drinking-water-rules/81900614/

the lead and copper rule is what keeps drinking water from having lead and copper. it is the law that makes water depts test water.

rick snyder is a disgusting piece of bunny muffin.