The Big Short

keylan

I just read this book it is a must read to understand just how deep the corruption in our society is. Id say it is the best book I have read in a few years. We are doomed if the situation does not change.

Wall Street means to take every last dime form you and I it can, the subprime debacle was designed to screw the working poor and now they have moved to the college students and elderly [reverse mortgages]

I know their is a movie but the book is so much more informative

I just read this book it is a must read to understand just how deep the corruption in our society is. Id say it is the best book I have read in a few years. We are doomed if the situation does not change.

Wall Street means to take every last dime form you and I it can, the subprime debacle was designed to screw the working poor and now they have moved to the college students and elderly [reverse mortgages]

I know their is a movie but the book is so much more informative

The sub prime loans hurt everyone except George Bush who bragged it all up to get support. I remember him on the news spouting off about how many Americans could now AFFORD their own home. BS They couldn't afford those houses. Many didn't even have a job that would pay for a house. The whole country, AMERICA, lost $200,000 for each of those homes that were foreclosed on.

Reverse mortgages are a rip off all on their own. I can smell them a mile away when they show those commercials. A person only gets a few hundred a month tops when they sign up for that. They make it sound like it's going to give you a lot of money. They just take your house.

The only thing worse than all of that are those who use a little bit of truth about the financial crisis to promote their books or financial positions. Don't buy into their fears for money.  Knowledge is your key to fight these crazy fear mongers.

Edited by Restorium2

Sorry for butting in here but could someone please tell me how to start a topic here? I feel stupid for asking this and I am sure it is very easy and once I learn how I will feel silly..lol.

Click on a forum, like this one(at the top of the page) is general conversation (click on that), then at the top right side will be start new topic (click on that).

Sorry for butting in here but could someone please tell me how to start a topic here? I feel stupid for asking this and I am sure it is very easy and once I learn how I will feel silly..lol.

if you want it in this kind of thread, go to top of this page, above the the title of this thread you will see

medical maruahana  > Social discussion> general conversation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,click on general conversation, and under new content there will be a tab that says follow this forum and under that you will see a tab that says  Start new topic, click it make a thread title and start your thread!

Peace

the movie i thought was pretty enjoyable. although i spent an hour screaming at my television while watching it. so many problems were easy to see coming and everyone was just enjoying the fraud.

the housing market TODAY is still messed.

they are evicting and foreclosing on 80,000 - 100,000 houses in wayne county each year?

houses still going for $170k in the suburbs of wayne county

how many middle class jobs left to buy houses at that price? not many. oh look another small increase in min wage... heres your 40 cents an hour.

yeah, its broken good.

And the college students flogged themselves by borrowing and not having a real plan for their future financial success. Many hid from working by staying in school without a plan for a J O B. And their parents enabled their dis function.

Education is the best investment on the planet, bar none. NO matter the cost. It's something you have forever. It don't cost anything to take it with you. They can't take it away from you.

Your credit rating might be like a ball and chain. It is for most of us. I throw it over my shoulder every morning without a thought.