Marijuana Grown In Flint ?

trichcycler

:o

By now they use an RO filter maybe or

they all switched to bottled water for irrigation and hydroponic production I hope

I'm guessing this will affect Flint grown cannabis production and sales currently

and Detroit dispensaries will be asking about where those "overages" were grown.

What if they knowingly sold Flint grown hydro that was contaminated....oh boy :cold:

Cannabis Origin Certificate: NOT FROM FLINT

Are you hoping the growers were/are using better filters than were/are used to nourish the thirsty children last year?

You would think so after their plants died. I don't think anyone had any serious yields with the bad water. Just like General Motors and their production of crank shafts, you notice when things don't work. 

Edited by Restorium2

the problem could have been identified by farmers and gardeners first if that's the case. I've heard of no specific cannabis issues in Flint last year, or at the dispensary there. Did someone post here a year ago or ever about troubles growing mj there and I missed it ?

do we have Flint growers here that can speak on the subject?

Edited by grassmatch

as far as I can see lead in water or soil does not make cannabis plants visibly unhealthy. Some hydroponic formulas have been found with lead in them. Lead shows up in otherwise healthy plants. I hear of unhealthy finishers used to make the hash or oils too. That would concentrate the heavy metals possibly.

Its only one aspect of the damage this neglect or greed or criminal activity has caused, but it is most relevant to Michigan medical marijuana.

Like any farm products watered with known lead contaminates , cannabis should be held suspect until otherwise proven. Bottlers, food and beverage producers, cannabis growers/edibles/oils producers, wine makers, micro breweries and more all have a huge weight on their shoulders now.

First it would have been the chloride levels. That would have killed the plants. Then the chloride levels started effecting the infrastructure and in comes the lead and other metals into the water. You would think that after the chloride killed the plants every grower would have gotten a carbon filter. If not they would continue to have their plants die from the high chloride levels. With that in mind I can't see and contaminants like lead getting into the plants because the chloride levels would have already killed the plants.

as far as I can see lead in water or soil does not make cannabis plants visibly unhealthy. Some hydroponic formulas have been found with lead in them. Lead shows up in otherwise healthy plants. I hear of unhealthy finishers used to make the hash or oils too. That would concentrate the heavy metals possibly.

Its only one aspect of the damage this neglect or greed or criminal activity has caused, but it is most relevant to Michigan medical marijuana.

Like any farm products watered with known lead contaminates , cannabis should be held suspect until otherwise proven. Bottlers, food and beverage producers, cannabis growers/edibles/oils producers, wine makers, micro breweries and more all have a huge weight on their shoulders now.

Not really if you think about it. The plants would not have grown. Glad I could help with that. Wouldn't want anyone to have that weight on their shoulders for no reason. False fears can be an undo burden and should be well thought out before jumping to conclusions that cause a lot of folks to worry. 

I would have expected a social media outcry when groups of medical marijuana growers experienced plant deaths in the same time periods. still searching google though, might turn up. Though with city water and a room full of dead plants not sure if people would have jumped to water testing to solve the crop failure firstly.

but farmers using this water surely would have taken notice to crop deaths even isolated farms I hope.

would have been interesting press if the story was broken by a medical marijuana grower experiencing plant deaths.

Edited by grassmatch

Found this with some interesting facts on how plants absorb lead from the soil. It may not be a problem in the flowers and trichomes at all:

http://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/pdf/8424.pdf

nice, thanks for the addition to my library!

Still the concern would remain for concentrates, often toted as produced from scraps, with the concentration action alone being troublesome for the accumulation of unwanted items that may be present I think.

I 'd hope growers  focus on a solution along with safety thresholds of current lead laced irrigated crops.  what a mess

nice, thanks for the addition to my library!

Still the concern would remain for concentrates, often toted as produced from scraps, with the concentration action alone being troublesome for the accumulation of unwanted items that may be present I think.

I 'd hope growers  focus on a solution along with safety thresholds of current lead laced irrigated crops.  what a mess

The solution would be the same solution you would have to use to get your plants to grow good on city water, a carbon filter. I found out a long time ago that plants hate chloride and knew I would need one to get any serious cannabis yields. You can get a whole house filter set up for around $75. 

I was able to grow successfully using municipal supply without any filters, lots of folks are.

Successfully? With chloride? OK My yields are much better and my quality is much better without chloride. To each their own though. A filter would pay for itself relatively quickly when it comes to cannabis growing. I thought this was common sense and already accepted among growers. 

you should read more of the growing sections in forums, many people use city water to grow vegetables, cannabis, etc.    not claiming I know whats in there, I didn't test water then, I trusted my city.

it is known, like I said, "gooder with my spring water" but some city dwellers are unable to stealthily apply filtered water to their hidden buckets maybe I dunno. If I had to city dwell today of course I would use a filter, but not everyone reads books and forums

The solution would be the same solution you would have to use to get your plants to grow good on city water, a carbon filter. I found out a long time ago that plants hate chloride and knew I would need one to get any serious cannabis yields. You can get a whole house filter set up for around $75.

if experience is your fact, you should surely understand that we all have different experiences and therefore have different "facts". You learned that city water didn't work if it wasn't filtered. I learned that it does. Different cities have different water. That's why beer is so interesting. I can't brew euro clones, because I don't have their water.

I went from Avg yields of 2.5-3.5zips per with r/o water. 3.5+ with straight city water. Not fact, more experience.

My Washington guys don't use r/o or rain water either. They are, by all accounts, going gangbusters out there.

As we have learned from Flint(I hope), city water can change at the drop of a hat. You can protect your grow and yourself from these changes with a filter. To each their own. Remember you live in Snyder country, the land of bad emergency managers and terrible representation at the government level. Water users beware. $75 sounds like a good measure to take from my point of view. Everyone gets to pick their own levels of risk.

you are correct, buy filters is the answer right now. Some patients are concerned with the previous year full of tainted cannabis, edibles, oils, crops, and possibly more this year that they have been consuming.

will black market suppliers use filters to get the lead out, or just enough to grow their illegal weed supplies for instance. theres a lot of hoses in them there woods