I'm A Caregiver. I Was Jacked For 4 Oz, Caught The Guy Held Him There Called The Police, They Did Nothing

backintheriver

I made a post on craigslist looking for a new place to grow hoping to exchange caregiver services for rent for the first couple months and get new patients. I have been a cg since 2009, patient since 2010. a man called me saying he was a patient who was looking for a new cg with quality medication. he lives in burton and told e his car doesn't run gret so he asked if i could come near him, i agreed. when i got close i called him and he told me "his car wasn't running right" so he needed me to come to him after i already drove 20 minutes and offered me gas money.

I arrived there he gave me step by step directions on the phone, i am not familiar with the area but i brought a friend i figured could help if things went badly some how.. I had my friend get in the back seat and had him siy in the front next to me. he wanted to see what my medication looked like so i retrieved my lockbox from my trunk and sat back in the driver seat. i hand him my cards and ask to see his. (note my lockbox is till locked in my lap.) he claimed to have left his wallet in his apartment and i made i very clear he could not buy any education from me unless i see it. it was snowing and there was a good amount of snow out. he said he wanted to see what it looked like before he went all the way to get his his cards. It immediately sent off a flag for me! i reluctantly opened my box but kept it on my lap he was certainly close enough to see it he didn't need to touch it.

he tried to quickly snatch it from my hands and i held on an the bag ripped, bud everywhere but he got most of my bag. (this was 4 ounces in a large ziplock bag)  we began fighting in my car. idk how long but we grappled significant in the car and a few punches were thrown. he told me he was going to shoot me and that he had a gun but i did not believe him. I am very strapped on cash and have a child on the way very shortly. Somehow he got out of the car and i chased him. (my "friend" wasn't much help at all) i ran after him untill he ran out of breathe and cought him but he had shoved my medication down his pants. i told my friend to call the police and held him there untill they arrived. he also threw a bunch of my medication in the snow trying to distract me from what i knew was in his pants.

the police never found it!!! however he was Covered in bud all in his ants and shirt. the police returned my crumbs and gave my some other bag of bud out of his trunk maybe a gram. I told him it wasn't mine. long story short he told me that the police don't come out for stolen marijuana and they let him go..... i walked all over searching for my bag but couldn't find it. later he texted me talking trash saying he still had 2 and a half of my ounces and tried to lure me back out there for trouble. 

What shosuld i do? i feel like i should at least be able to file in small claims for my 4 ounces of chemdawg or somthing;??? they didnt even charge him with assault or anything!! I'm not even sure he took a police report and they acted like i was doing something wrong and made me scared. later the guy texted me saying the police officer was his uncle!!! im not sure whether i believe that or not but him and all the officers involved were black and im white and look very young. i believe my right have been violated and want to do something.

I would contact the prosecutor with what evidence he has sent you in messages, if that is the route you seek.

I tell people PUBLIC PLACES all the time when meeting first time. 

What police department was this?

I know of MANY people who have had success with the police catching and charging people with theft over medical marijuana. The police LOVE patients/caregivers who turn criminals in. They testify and everything. Easy convictions.  I have seen thieves in jail and having to pay FULL RESTITUTION for what was stolen.  In one case it equaled 300/oz and included weight lost from plants stolen as well.

I suppose i just wanted everyone to know don't make the same mistake as me the police won't help us i guess but we can't have a gun either this is just backwards.

why would you bring 4 oz's with you?  you call the cops, you must have had another pt to visit and drop some off too eh?

you made a mistake, you now have to pay for your mistake,  what kind of friend did you bring, if the thief was in the front, your buddy should have had a good choke hold on him while you  guys were b itch slapping each other in the front!

Did ya learn something?

Most of us are not that stupid, so I hope YOU learned something!

Peace

Unsecured cannabis??

I don't recall that standard.

The reason I said that was the question of why an unregistered patient had that much cannabis within reach at an interview. There will be some serious explaining to do that I wouldn't want to have to do just to get some tainted cannabis back or put this creep in jail. There are endless creeps out there. It's probably not going to make a difference putting this one away. Sounds like a cop out I admit. But the returns now are very diminished. You could sue and win but never collect anything from this dead beat. 

only play with the police if you are 100% in compliance. I wouldn't recommend it...

if you can't lose 2oz, maybe rethink your caregiver business.

sorry, this is just my opinion.

glad you didn't get hurt too much.

can try small claims court, but will the guy have any money? prob not.

but feel free to call a lawyer. most consultations are free. but lawyer well cost money if you hire one. More than the cost of 2oz...

First, no need for a lawyer for small claims court.  Second, he has money, or will. You just file a lien against all his tax returns, bank accounts and employers(if any). You can do all that yourself.

Now, will it apply to this case? who knows.

Been there and done that. You can't file liens unless you happen to know where he works or banks. You have to do the research. I sued a guy for cutting down some of my trees. Won and never have been able to get a dime out of him. It's been 12 years now.