5 Arraigned After Raid Of Medical Marijuana Dispensary

bobandtorey

Look at it this way. If you are a LEO and looking to bust non-compliant people, you have two motivations - 1. make as many arrests as possible because that makes you look good and 2. Seize as many assets as you can.

It would follow that LEOs aren't going to raid a dispensary after the first buy from a carded LEO or CI. LEOs are going to make multiple efforts to buy so they can maximize the number of "delivery" charges against the defendant(s) (dispensary owners and employees) and identify as many dispensary suppliers as possible so they can maximize asset forfeiture. The longer the LEOs wait to bust a dispensary, the more defendants they can charge and the more big-screen TVs they can seize. It's like playing the stock market. Focus on the long-term for the biggest returns.

Dispensary suppliers get raided and charged frequently. Sales to the dispensary are not necessarily needed to arrest and prosecute as technical violations such as plant count and weight limits are generally over or in dispute.

Thanks 

we should all know that plant count and weight limits are sometimes inn dispute >>> because Leo can't count 

^^ and even with that we know there are growers who choose to grow and possess more than allowed, drive around with their stash in their pocket, and sell outside their registration according to  news articles posted.  I just don't get it. put it in the trunk, 2.5, 12 or STFU about our Act. Most of us understand these things and the others, well , they ruin it for everyone, except courts cops and lawyers.

^^ and even with that we know there are growers who choose to grow and possess more than allowed, drive around with their stash in their pocket, and sell outside their registration according to  news articles posted.  I just don't get it. put it in the trunk, 2.5, 12 or STFU about our Act. Most of us understand these things and the others, well , they ruin it for everyone, except courts cops and lawyers.

Little angry there grass?

Law enforcement wants to be poor counters. Proven in court by a jury of peers. Don't assume everyone charged is lying. The cops lie every single time they bring a case and all you got are their lies. 

You do still have some sympathy for those being ground up by the absurd and unjust cannabis laws in the public health code (the entire prohibition statute is based on cannabis having no medical use, duh!), even if they are not natural rule-followers like you?

Do all the rule breakers get thrown into the machine so that everybody else gets to smoke their weed in peace?

I suppose deep-down this is my fear with some limited pseudo-legalization scheme: that those that fall outside the rules will fall outside the rules forever, and their limited numbers will never again be able to muster the political will to change law. I don't think those people deserve criminal penalties or criminal records.

That ^^

You do still have some sympathy for those being ground up by the absurd and unjust cannabis laws in the public health code (the entire prohibition statute is based on cannabis having no medical use, duh!), even if they are not natural rule-followers like you? 

Yes, I do. And disdain for the law enforcement techniques used against ALL cannabis users, and hate for the fed stance currently. And the fact lawyers and politicians write our Act only to charge participants with funding the explanations and definitions contained to each other in court. 

Do all the rule breakers get thrown into the machine so that everybody else gets to smoke their weed in peace?

with two issues, total cannabis freedoms, and cannabis freedoms within the Act, currently I think rule breakers are being thrown into the machine, but not so sure its so everybody else gets to enjoy their weed in peace. Its not the way I want it though .I am not a natural rule follower, it takes discipline to act accordingly, and that didn't come naturally. If everyone was following the rules I believe we would still be suffering the woes of LEO in our cannabis freedoms, regardless of what laws re put into place at a state level.

I suppose deep-down this is my fear with some limited pseudo-legalization scheme: that those that fall outside the rules will fall outside the rules forever, and their limited numbers will never again be able to muster the political will to change law. I don't think those people deserve criminal penalties or criminal records.

Sorry

(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marijuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marijuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

Sorry

(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marijuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marijuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

no need to be sorry. I responded to your post of "we should all know that plant count and weight limits are sometimes inn dispute >>> because Leo can't count "

meaning even knowing that ^^(statement of bobs above)...... we know there are growers who choose to grow and possess more than allowed, drive around with their stash in their pocket, and sell outside their registration according to news articles posted. I just don't get it. put it in the trunk, 2.5, 12 or STFU about our Act. Most of us understand these things and the others, well , they ruin it for everyone, except courts cops and lawyers.

I've not found this to be the case. If a dispensary has any defense to its actions, it is the customers. Law enforcement is also not interested in the customers of dispensaries, generally, as they are just patients with tiny amounts that can't be arrested for marijuana.

I have no doubt that it has happened once, though. Just about everything you can think of has happened once.

My Bad

It should be suppliers instead of customers.

Well i researched this and found that mid michigan was raided twice, but i couldnt find anything about the place being set up as a sting.

Does anyone know of anybody being prosecuted for selling to a dispensary? I menan they get raided all the time, seems it would be easy to make arrests, but ive never read about anyone being prosecuted other than the owners

Leo was wanting to identify all the growers and suppliers. They had the whole place under surveillance . All transaction were recorded.

I would also bet it was Leo breaking into the place as well. X2

In your research did the owner go to jail? A lot of folk did.

Left a real bad taste for dispensaries around here.

OH one more thing.

When they opened they opened as a Compassion House for battered women. Didn't tell to many people they sold cannabis.

They took donations, people in the community, many who have nothing, gave everything for the battered women .

There were no battered women. That's just how they justified the name Compasion House.

What they did is take all that donated clothes, food, toys, diapers, formula and thru it in the basement where it flooded and had to be thrown out, 6 months after they left. It was horrible. Lots of pissed off people.

Turns out they were just a bunch of greedy backstabbing drug dealers operations under the banner of Compassion.

Snitching on everyone who came in the door.

Edited by beourbud

There will always be givers and there will always be takers, in every facet of society. 

Since the takers are generally narcissists, they do not care when they drain their host,

they just move on to the next host. The takers will not change unless they choose to.

It sucks that they can't act right and more laws/ regulations are put in place due to

the takers actions and unfortunately the givers get caught up also.

I can't change this, I can't control it.  Complaining about it won't change anything in a

positive way, it just puts me in a foul mood.  Why allow the takers to indirectly affect my mood?

Anyway, my thought is why waste precious energy concentrating on an aspect of human

nature that I cannot change? I instead, turn my attention/ energy to things I can change.

That, imho is how to affect change.  I am tired of leading the horse to water only to be

kicked for my efforts.

Well if they were taking donations for needy people as a front then yeah, i have no problem with them going to jail. They oughta been prosecuted for fraud.

Imho when a dispensary is a front for a large drug ring or other illegal activities they shoukd be shut down, i think its also when you see leo prosecuting more aggresivley.

Sky high was raided twice and finally shut down. Its still open though with different management. The former owner ive been told is operating a place in detroit now. No prosecutions that im aware of.

How do we get to this hater based conclusions anyway? I think there might be just one sale hater in this thread. 

Make no mistake;

Things happening like the Michigan Dispensary Bill pusher saying, "A vote against dispensaries is a vote for home growing".

That's just one example that cuts to the heart of the problem. Another is when a dispensary sets up you can't grow within 25 miles of it. That's in Arizona. Could easily be transposed to Michigan. There are so many more examples of where the dispensary lobby pitted themselves against home grows.

I want to protect my home grow. It's not about hating on sales. I'm OK with ALL kinds of sales of cannabis. Why not? It doesn't hurt anyone. I leave children out of the equation and let parents do their job, OF COURSE.

I want to protect my home grow. 

​Sorry but you have a lot of work ahead of you better start today

Sorry? What, because you support dispensaries that try to end my grow? I don't understand why you are sorry Bob.

Started back in '08 actually. Helping other patients fill out their paperwork. Setting a good example for others. Staying out of trouble. Always finding a way to keep the grow going. Making sure patients have all they want and what they want at affordable prices. Making a clean product. Finding ways to make cannabis oil better and useful in more ways. Action speaks louder than words. Always looking for improvement in everything I do. 

Edited by Restorium2

Sorry? What, because you support dispensaries that try to end my grow? I don't understand why you are sorry Bob.

Started back in '08 actually. Helping other patients fill out their paperwork. Setting a good example for others. Staying out of trouble. Always finding a way to keep the grow going. Making sure patients have all they want and what they want at affordable prices. Making a clean product. Finding ways to make cannabis oil better and useful in more ways. Action speaks louder than words. Always looking for improvement in everything I do. 

Keep up the great work you do i try to work together with as many as i can people like you and me our teachers but Listeners make good teachers Imho

I don't even know how to do the things you do all i can do is go to support people in Court thats easy all you have to do is get up at 4 AM to be their at 8 am and sit i was in Court 9 days out of 10 the last two weeks 

i can't even put what i see in words all i can tell people is to come see it for yourself