Acute Lymphocyte Leukemia

Norby

A friend in NYS just got diagnosed last Thursday and started chemo Friday.  I have been doing research and have come up with Goji berries( well all berries), Ginseng, a few types of mushrooms(turkey tail, agaricus blazei, reishi and shiitake) and of course MJ.  I'm trying to get her the right info but with only a handful of drs. and even less dispensaries I'm not sure if it'll work out since she can't leave to drive a few hours to go to a dispensary.  Fuking NYS and fuking Cuomo!

So is there any other non toxic plants, etc. that can be thrown into the mix that is good for fighting this type of cancer?

The one clinical study, a 13 yo girl was sent home after chemo didn't work, showed great dose response with chronic iso extract and then they had to up the dose with the next type.  With this I suspect a terpene working synergistically with THC to achieve the results.  Some of the extracts, such as PSP and PSK are concentrated just as cannabis oil.  Some of the mushrooms are just powdered.  Certain things such as goji berries they weren't able to extract any one compound that achieved the same results as a full fruit extract, meaning they also probably worked synergistically.  The papers I believe came to teh conclusion od throwing everything at it as certain things like ginseng extract stimulated the pancreas to produce more natural killer T-cells while the mushroom polysaccharides then stimulated those cells to look for problems in the system and CBD made it easier for the NK T-cells to adhere to teh cancer cells while also "making the cancer cells weaker" so that they were easier to kill with radiation or chemo.  Some compounds weaken the cells, some bind and cause apoptosis and some make the environment better for the armies you send in to do their work, thru binding easier or stimulating immune cells or stimulating creation of immune cells or supporting their process'.  Then you have THC which helps alleviate symptoms, pain and enhance apatite. It's about employing every army or branch you can to join in the fight that are normal, healthy foods to help chemo and radiation and support the damage done to the body.  Some of these compounds can work with as little as a drop of extract from a 1 to 1 volume extraction with alcohol(cup to a handful of mushrooms).  The PSP and PSK stand alone cancer treatment in stage ? trials probably employs a reduction extraction to get close to what you are talking about but most of these work with simply powdering or adding them to your diet to stave off cancers.  Drinking chaga tea along with other herbs is stand alone treatment in some E europe countries and some countries actually still use many herbs and mushrooms in their medicines.  Here is the place where pharma has taken over the most.  A lot of other places still cure themselves with herbs and mushrooms and I bet a lot of places that still have them in their diet and it hasn't been replaced byy soy and corn have much less incidence of these problems.  Let thy food be they medicine and thy medicine be thy food.  I really believe that some of these terpenes and flavinoids you don't need much if there is something there it can work with synergistically.  Just like cooking, sometimes all you need is a pinch to make the dish perfect.

Edited by Norby

This I think, is exactly what's been lost thru loosing healers and indiginous knowledge of the local flora.  It's been replaced by cookbook symptoms treatment instead of trying to understand how the body works and employing all teh right "foods"(medicines) to support the body instead of solve symptoms while creating more and breaking it down.

are people using alcohol(sugar too) in their treatments for cancer? Like recently I saw a suggestion for making a tincture using alcohol and cannabis, leaving the alcohol in the tinc as a carrier/solvent. I've always thought alcohol itself is a carcinogen, in the mouth especially, and poison to our organs, detrimental to our immune systems etc,  the very thing we try to avoid when treating cancers.   Has this info changed?

Edited by grassmatch

don't believe everything you read of course but this seems like solid common information. This was announced decades ago in '88.

Researchers have identified multiple ways that alcohol may increase the risk of cancer, including:

•metabolizing (breaking down) ethanol in alcoholic drinks to acetaldehyde, which is a toxic chemical and a probable human carcinogen; acetaldehyde can damage both DNA (the genetic material that makes up genes) and proteins

•generating reactive oxygen species (chemically reactive molecules that contain oxygen), which can damage DNA, proteins, and lipids (fats) through a process called oxidation

•impairing the body’s ability to break down and absorb a variety of nutrients that may be associated with cancer risk, including vitamin A; nutrients in the vitamin B complex, such as folate; vitamin C; vitamin D; vitamin E; and carotenoids

•increasing blood levels of estrogen, a sex hormone linked to the risk of breast cancer

also small amounts of alcohol interrupt the natural bacteria in human mouths/throats. Alcohol containing mouthwash has long been avoided by cancer patients I knew of. alcohol is sugar and with the right hand spin is cancer causing. fortunately alcohol can be quickly and effectively evaporated from a tincture by adding steaming water to it and mixing before drinking. Alcohol directly in the mouth of a cancer/chemo patient daily is not recommended. Flora, Rx, etc are also considerations.

wiki, google, bing...