Burn Pits

trichcycler

So what are the “burn pits”? When the U.S. military set up a base in Iraq or Afghanistan, instead of building incinerators to dispose of the thousands of pounds of waste produced each day, they burned the garbage in big holes in the ground. The garbage they constantly burned included “every type of waste imaginable” including “tires, lithium batteries, asbestos insulation, pesticide containers, Styrofoam, metals, paints, plastic, medical waste and even human corpses.”

Here’s where the story gets even more infuriating. As a result of the privatization of many aspects of military operations, the burn pits were operated by Kellogg, Brown, and Root (KBR), a former subsidiary of Halliburton, the company where Dick Cheney was CEO before ascending to the White House. During the Bush administration, Halliburton made nearly $40 billion from lucrative government contracts (despite many corruption scandals), Dick Cheney and his corporate allies got incredibly rich, and the soldiers whose lives have likely been destroyed by this reckless operation… are pretty much screwed.

Thousands of American soldiers are returning from the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan with severe wounds from chemical war. They are not the victims of ruthless enemy warfare, but of their own military commanders. These soldiers, afflicted with rare cancers and respiratory diseases, were sickened from the smoke and ash swirling out of the “burn pits” where military contractors incinerated mountains of trash, including old stockpiles of mustard and sarin gas, medical waste, and other toxic material.

Based on thousands of government documents, over five hundred in-depth medical case studies, and interviews with more than one thousand veterans and active-duty GIs, The Burn Pits will shock the nation. The book is more than an explosive work of investigative journalism—it is the deeply moving chronicle of the many young men and women who signed up to serve their country in the wake of 9/11, only to return home permanently damaged, the victims of their own armed forces’ criminal negligence

for more support http://www.burnpits360.org/

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/16/burn_pits/

I was in Iraq in 2004-2005 and we disposed of almost all our "waste" in burn pits. Trash, human waste, lead acid batteries, petroleum products, old ammo, dead animals, you name it we burned it. The best part of it was that the burn pit was located directly behind our living area and the smoke would roll through and choke us all. We would also have to burn our poop in 55 gallon drums.

We mixed those turds with gasoline and lit them on fire. You have to stand there with a stick and stir those burning turds until they are gone. Why you ask? Because half the leadership in the Army are mentally retarded and don't give two defecates about their Soldiers. I attribute my lung problems to those burn pits and turd drums. Of course, the VA says I have no lung problems, it's all in my head. Just like all those other guys in my unit that got sick. It's in all our heads.

Thank you for your service rs12!

We used kerosene in half barrels in V.N., tried to stay upwind. lol

Thank you for your service my brother. Everyone who's ever been in the military knows they do things in the most backward, painful way possible. It's funny if you think about it: Our involvement in Vietnam ended in about '75. Fast forward 30 years and the only thing that has changed is the flammable liquid we use. We're still burning turds in barrels like it's not the 21st century. I'm laughing and choking on the fluid in my lungs all at the same time.

My Thank You to all that Served!

They treat our military so bad we are lucky to have a volunteer military, I wonder how long untill the smartest recruits stop joining, and than we will have to have the draft, because we cant keep our nose out of every ones a ss!

Our vet's should have the best medical care money can buy!  Instead we give that to our lying politicians for the rest of their live's!

The ( senator's) do 4 yrs (some only a few yrs because they spend most of their 4 yrs running for prez) and they get a pension for life and benny's our military dies for!!!!

I like how egypt's army is not run by there prez, it is independent of the politicians, when things dont go right for the majority the army steps in and kicks the prez out and has a vote for the next one, and if that one phaq's up they toss him in jail and have another election, all the while their military keeps the country and people of that country safe! Jmo.

Put our money on our vets and our people and if we can help other countrys after that then fine, its our tax money and our vet's and citizens come 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc, than others!

Peace

with all of this crap known for decades I cant understand why/who still volunteers for service. If I was uninformed I would think that the armed services will provide me with all the stated expectations without an  experimentation with Rx and mind control, viral pathways, bacterial infections, exotic gases and war poisons. I told my son these things and he didn't believe me....until his second year of service. They send these kids back to us with new and strange personalities, nutritional deficiencies, and very odd belief systems. They're often twitchy, rx  dependent and lack needed social skills. I've met many worse off than mine, and fortunately he's brought himself back to a non medicated reality he can thrive in safely, mostly.   It doesn't have to be this way maybe, but I believe it has ALWAYS been this way for soldiers throughout history. first to starve, purposeful infections, Rx testing, etc.... still though, the recruiters office is full, his minimum enlistments are met.

For a young person, the military can be a way out of a neighborhood. Possibly a chance to see the world, but then could be places they don't wish to see.

The gov't. must take care of the veterans. I can't complain as appointments have been timely and no long waiting periods. But then this depends on the category they assign a person.

The VA has came along way since V.N. era.

We will always have a volunteer defense force in America because we're Americans and that's what we do, we stand up & fight when we need to reguardless of the concequences. The VA is worse than I ever immagined, I have stories of my own but they are small in the big picture. Good people are literally dying every day waiting to be seen,

I remember it well. FNG On Chit burning detail. The smell was,nt as bad, as the gooks burnt by Naplam. Fuk Viet Nam, i still live it every day.

Yes, most of us live it everyday. Same with Persian Gulf and other wars.

The Vietnamese took care of burn barrels in our base camp. Sure did stink though.

Tried to post the pic again but had same issue.

• 2 years later...

First I want to say thanks to all who served. I know this is a old thread, but I hope some vet in Michigan who has lung problems from the burn pits gets this message.  I would like to place a air reactor in you home for about a month to see if it helps you breathe easier. This is the best air cleaner on the market, It produces hydroxol radicals that combat alot of bad stuff like viruses, bacteria, mold, and more.  You  can see it at http://theairreactor.com/

I have seen what it can do for other respiratory issues, and just want to see an  honest appraisal to see if this will help  our vets that have been placed in this situation.  Please contact me at jonrange@theairreactor.com