Officials: Hashish Causes Saginaw Home Explosion....lol

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/02/22/authorities-person-making-hashish-causes-explosion-at-house/80723844/

SAGINAW, Mich. — Authorities say someone trying to make hashish caused an explosion and fire that damaged a home where marijuana was being grown in Saginaw and injured three people.

Saginaw Fire Department Captain James Champney says crews responded Sunday to a report of a butane explosion. He says multiple marijuana plants were found at the home.

Champney says three people escaped the home and had what were believed to be serious injuries, including burns. The Saginaw News reports they were taken to a hospital for treatment.

Firefighters initially had trouble getting into the home because of security bars on the door. Windows were boarded from the inside.

The fire is under investigation

this is bad, I hate when this happens. The property damage, personal injury and losses are devastating. the black mark on the cannabis community is darkened each time this happens. I just don't understand. Its so easy to keep butane contained, away from flames and sparks too. So easy to avoid an explosion and fire it just seems stupid that this even happens.

It is not representative of our community or others who practice safe responsible techniques to process their medical cannabis. Some people still operate their kerosene heater indoors while sleeping, and their bbq in their closed garage, and I just heard another tragedy with a running generator in the basement. wtf.  Explosions  can happen when butane meets stupidity and irresponsibility. so if you're stupid, or irresponsible, please avoid contact with flammable gases.

I hope the family heals quickly.

Sad story. Some people just don't know the dangers of butane, and it ends in tragedy.

And then we have the story coming out of Linden, Michigan. A guy ran his generator in the attached garage during the windy, power out night a couple of days ago. The generator pumped carbon monoxide into the house and the mother and father and four kids died.

not sure how you can laugh at people getting burned and blowing up their house but ok :P

Cmon, this is a comedy of errors. They obviously were not extracting safely and the "officials" don't know the difference between the process of making hash and BHO

It's a lose / lose situation, They get burned, we look bad

Several here have been warning on the hazards of butane, for years

Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

Edited by beourbud

I think the appropriate warning is don't mix fire with flammable gases.

Butane is packed tight in shaving creams, Pam cooking spray etc.

these are the same groups copping pleas to improper transport, selling outside of their registry, running generators in their basements, etc

cant fix stupid

Keep in mind the BHO fire could have been caused by faulty wiring and reported incorrectly. I see the fire is in the attic and vapors sink.

Improper transport could easily be a patient with a bag in his pocket. We all thought that was perfectly legal.

Selling outside your registry was happening a lot in the past. Every sale was like that. 

Did you see that family that ran the propane genny in their basement?

I think you might be getting a little harsh. Maybe they thought that if it was propane they were good to go? 

You know, barring the doors and boarding the windows + butane extraction = A decision to risk your own life and those foolish enough to be with you.

Blowing up houses ain't helping no one.

Abrogate = Outdoor Extraction. Problem solved.

This , by the way ,is in contrast to Gov Snyder Taking Over.A City and deciding to risk the lives of thousands .

Vote!

Bernie Sanders 2016

Edited by beourbud

You know, barring the doors and boarding the windows + butane extraction = A decision to risk your own life and those foolish enough to be with you.

Abrogate wont take away idiots!  Dont any of these people have any common sense, who in the world would run a gas motor in their basement?

I dont teach or let people be around when I make bho!  I dont see how they are blowing up things if they are taking the right precautions,  I was needing a place to extract some bho and my c.g said come do it in my grow room the fans will take care of the fumes, bawahahahahahahahahaa is the answer he got back from me, also I told him not to try and make any, you grow I will do the recipe's

Peace

In my experience those who do not cherish their own personal safety don't give two hoots about others.

Just saying.

Abrogate wont take away idiots!  Dont any of these people have any common sense, who in the world would run a gas motor in their basement?

I dont teach or let people be around when I make bho!  I dont see how they are blowing up things if they are taking the right precautions,  I was needing a place to extract some bho and my c.g said come do it in my grow room the fans will take care of the fumes, bawahahahahahahahahaa is the answer he got back from me, also I told him not to try and make any, you grow I will do the recipe's

Peace

Thinking you are getting your motor n the basement thread and this , butane explosion thread confused.

Some might say showing everyone how to extract may be reckless.

It is easy to see how these news reports validate those assertions.

What we are witnessing is the Fruit from the Bad Seed.

It really does a disservice to the Cannabis Community.

These accurances paint Good Medicine in a Bad Light.

chit happens to good people all the time too. Some are cutting corners, some saving a buck, some just don't know any better. No reason to further stereotypical prohibitionists ideals here. We don't know the truths of the story yet. Its easy to push an agenda using victims in our cannabis system the politicians teach us.

I agree resto, I mean to say these are the types that belong to the "stupid group". maybe stupid and ignorant should not be interchangeable, but in this case I'm betting so. In any case it aint the butane's fault.   when one scoffs at a safe technique used by someone and responds with a cheaper "safer" way, like open blasting in the attic, or the like, the ignorant are inspired, to save money, to scoff, repeat.   I hope this family invests in a closed loop system if they insist on using flammable gases to extract. Somehow though, I don't think they will, but I bet they blast again, because stupid is as stupid does.

Thinking you are getting your motor n the basement thread and this , butane explosion thread confused.

Some might say showing everyone how to extract may be reckless.

It is easy to see how these news reports validate those assertions.

What we are witnessing is the Fruit from the Bad Seed.

It really does a disservice to the Cannabis Community.

These accurances paint Good Medicine in a Bad Light.

The generator in the basement was brought up in this thread, that and the sag butane fire. It dont take a rocket scientist to know not to run a fuel motor in the house so they have electricity, Mine stays out side, ocasionaly I will start it up in the garage with the doors open just to start it now and then,

as far a butane extractions, I said I dont teach people how to do it, I know how dangerious it is, I dont do it around any one, if something stupid happened I would be alone and not hurt any one,  but I have been making the stuff so long there is no way Im gonna blow the roof off of my house or garage, I would love to purchase a machine that makes it safe enough for idiots, but it takes to long and I dont have the extra cash, I just got me a new smaller extractor and will only be doing a few grams at a time from now on, hey I even have a glass extractor now, I wish I would have had that for yrs, I dont get enough scratch to make alot to often, and I cant make it from just budds, Im not growing and I dont have enough nor can afford enough to use only budds, but Im realy pleased with my little glass extractor, I can get alot more with a lil bit of budds! than I can with just sugar leaves and tiny budds!

Peace

The generator in the basement was brought up in this thread, that and the sag butane fire. It dont take a rocket scientist to know not to run a fuel motor in the house so they have electricity, Mine stays out side, ocasionaly I will start it up in the garage with the doors open just to start it now and then,

as far a butane extractions, I said I dont teach people how to do it, I know how dangerious it is, I dont do it around any one, if something stupid happened I would be alone and not hurt any one, but I have been making the stuff so long there is no way Im gonna blow the roof off of my house or garage, I would love to purchase a machine that makes it safe enough for idiots, but it takes to long and I dont have the extra cash, I just got me a new smaller extractor and will only be doing a few grams at a time from now on, hey I even have a glass extractor now, I wish I would have had that for yrs, I dont get enough scratch to make alot to often, and I cant make it from just budds, Im not growing and I dont have enough nor can afford enough to use only budds, but Im realy pleased with my little glass extractor, I can get alot more with a lil bit of budds! than I can with just sugar leaves and tiny budds!

Peace

Not blaming you bro.

There is no accountability for content on the web, you get stupid leading the stupider

Take the republicans, Please!

Edited by beourbud

Not blaming you bro.

There is no accountability for content on the web, you get stupid leading the stupider

I guess I dont know if you are blaming me for something or not!

I know I have said how I make my bho in the past in here, but I never would let any one do it with me, If I showed some one how I do it and they go home and take short cuts and burn down their home and mame their kids and pets, I would have a hard time living with my self!

When I used to be able to make enough I had some one I would send it to, unfortunatly I dont get enough to make much and it is a treat for me, when I do get enough leaf and small budds I make cannabutter now, what sucks is I gained 5 lbs from an lb of butter lol!

Peace

lol @ weight gain.....you're active .....it'll come off with spring time!

wonder if nobody would care if people climbed up in their shed alone and blew themselves up right?  no threat to their family homes, pets etc.

I blasted too, a dozen times or so with my honey bee extractor tube.  A little reading and I knew the danger quick. As soon as I could afford it...

I did the safer thing and never looked back. Several reasons though, 100% guaranteed solvent removal every time and safety, and the ability to reuse the reclaimed 

solvent over and over.  we do the best we can.

Butane is highly flammable/volatile , hence , the warning .

post-28345-0-28984600-1456250857_thumb.jpg

Knowing how to spell and use of a Webster's Dicionary defines volatile 

•  

• : likely to change in a very sudden or extreme way

• : likely to become dangerous or out of control

•  

Defines Flammable :  capable of being easily ignited and of burning quickly

My guess is that these unfortunate souls do not know how to read , let alone use a dictionary