Planet Green Trees Radio Tonight

jamieuke

Listen LIVE 8-10 pm EST tonight and every Thursday at www.planetgreentrees.com or call in 347-326-9626

Hosted by attorney Michael Komorn from Komorn Law and Chad from Birmingham Compassion

Contributions from Rick Thompson from The Compassion Chronicles-also providing the news, and show producer Jamie Lowell from the Third Coast

Tonight- Dispensary raids continue throughout the state- even in cities and counties accepting and approving of the establishments. One consistent issue raised- the legality concerning cannabis concentrates and infused products. During a recent state of the city address- Detroit Mayor Duggan spoke out in support of Detroit Councilmember Tate's effort to shut down dispensaries in the city

Joining us tonight - Richard Clement, long time cannabis activist, cannabis policy analyst and legislative aid to Detroit Council Member George Cushingberry and who was in attendance at the recent 'state of the city' address in Detroit

And- Mayor Pro Tem Ray Fouts of Montrose where a cannabis establishment was recently raided

Update on the MILegalize from the incomparable Josey Scoggin

Weekly appellate and trial court updates with attorney Allen Peisner

Regular guests and friends of the show: Jim Powers- Michigan Parents for Compassion co- founder and board member of MILegalize. Also- attorney Jeff Frazier, attorney David Rudoi of Rudoi Law, Eric Gunnels Thetford Twp Trustee and T-Totes McGoats

• 2 weeks later...

theres been good news from milegalize,

see here

http://www.milegalize.com/blog

Huge Day for MILegalize Gathering Signatures March 8th at the Primaries!

Posted by Nick Zettell · March 09, 2016 11:30 AM

MILegalize is now starting to to get word from our volunteers who were out collecting signatures at the polls today for the Presidential Primaries. This was a rare opportunity to obtain almost 100% validity. Two great volunteers who really rocked it yesterday are Patricia Cissell was at the RVC in Ferndale and Chuck Voeltzel was at the Kulick Center in Ferndale. Over 500 sigs were gathered at these 2 precincts! Great Job guys and we will keep reporting the good news of other volunteers as it comes in. Now is the time to take advantage of this momentum and finish strong!

the PGT milegalize reporter (josie) is busy with buns and ovens and birds and bees and all that. its quite complicated. we wish her well.

Folk ain't falling for tax and regulate. The only ones pushing it are the ones getting raided now.

Tax and Regulate. Means they chose what to tax and how to regulate

Our only chance is Abrogate

Abrogate = FREE the WEED and Tax

Tax = 6% Sales Tax

We are Losing money NOW!

6% of. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Is a lot of Tax Revenue.

Abrogate

Edited by beourbud

Folk ain't falling for tax and regulate. The only ones pushing it are the ones getting raided now.

Tax and Regulate. Means they chose what to tax and how to regulate

Our only chance is Abrogate

Abrogate = FREE the WEED and Tax

Tax = 6% Sales Tax

We are Losing money NOW!

6% of. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Is a lot of Tax Revenue.

Abrogate

I seem to have missed the update on Abrogate. 1600 sigs a day, no problem, right?

Reports on MILegalize have been lacking or completely absent. Hoping Zap will start a discussion about his concerns. Watch out for those speakers.

Zap knows what is going on with the MILegalize campaign- he is in a room every week with three or more board members at the PGT broadcast, discussing it. There is a call in update from another board member on the show every week, as well.

Listen on Thursday.

zap really doesnt care for milegalize, and i think probably the same for abrogate. since neither one removes the prohibition of marijuana on the law books directly.

jamie should know zap's opinion by now, being in that same room every week haha.

Zap knows what is going on with the MILegalize campaign- he is in a room every week with three or more board members at the PGT broadcast, discussing it. There is a call in update from another board member on the show every week, as well.

Listen on Thursday.

I listen every week. I even attended the broadcast in person when a (loud) speaker attacked Zap. He has stated that he "goes along" but does not agree. I think it would be interesting to hear his concerns disgusted. 

Man, I am glad this is remembered this way instead of what actually happened: I tipped the speaker over on Michael. I'm lucky he didn't get more seriously hurt actually.

That was not our best show, no doubt.

There will be a re-do next week March 24 at Omara's

Whether there be philosophical or idealistic issues with MILegalize - it remains the only possible chance of significantly improving conditions in Michigan concerning cannabis in 2016

zap really doesnt care for milegalize, and i think probably the same for abrogate. since neither one removes the prohibition of marijuana on the law books directly.jamie should know zap's opinion by now, being in that same room every week haha.

Reports on MILegalize have been lacking or completely absent. Hoping Zap will start a discussion about his concerns. Watch out for those speakers.

This is what has turned me off and the reason I've given up collecting signatures. Why can't Mi-L just flat out tell us where things stand?

as far as i know heres the current milegalize situation:

milegalize has over 240,000 VALID sigs. they need 250,000+ to get in. they will submit signatures before june/july (the last date before to get on nov ballot).

milegalize has donations and has already paid signature gathering companies to collect more sigs. milegalize also has store workers with petitions in many tobacco, smoke shop, grow stores and other businesses , in addition to over 1500 volunteers all around the state collecting signatures.

milegalize asked the board of canvassers if they could rebut the presumption that signatures that were stale/old , the board of canvassers said it was ok to use the qualified voter file to verify old sigs were still good.

pirich and the republicans immediately filed SB 776 to make signatures good for only 180 days. http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2016-SB-0776, it was immediately passed by the senate with an amendment to be effective immediately. it is currently in a house committee (with irwin on the panel!)

so the plan , i am guessing, is just to grab a bunny muffin-ton of signatures right now while the weather is good to make it 200% sure that it makes it on the ballot. probably milegalize will submit the signatures right before sb776 is passed.

in other milegalize news, MINorml has asked the national NORML to endorse milegalize.

so yeah, get out there and gather sigs if you can. theres a parade tomorrow in detroit for the nain rouge, says they get 6000 people each year.

When: Sunday, March 20th, 1PM - 3PM

Where: Starts at 2nd Ave & Canfield (Right by Motorcity Brewing, Shinola, etc) and ends at the Masonic Temple

What: The parade walks down 2nd ave towards the Masonic Temple. (You march in the parade) The event finishes with a mini performance at the Masonic Temple.

Why: It's something fun to do and there are numerous after parties to go crazy at. (St. Patties day 2.0 anyone?)

Wear: Wear red (Nain Rouge colors) or a cool costume.

plus hash bash and monroe st fair is on april 2nd saturday in ann arbor that gets anywhere from 5000-8000+ people.

so yeah. TIME TO FINISH THIS MARIJUANA WAR ONCE AND FOR making whoopee ALL