Vape Duff Uses

do you consume your (I forgot the phaqing word for used up spent vaped cannabis) too?   some people put this in capsules and such.

I empty my rolling tray daily into the slush can. I'm not interested when I have fresh harvested new strains/buds right in front of me to choose from.

I do use the slush can sweep for vaporizing though.

I'm wasteful, I don't even suck my fingers when eating bbq ribs! :stuff:

Edited by grassmatch

do you consume your (I forgot the phaqing word for used up spent vaped cannabis) too?   some people put this in capsules and such.

I empty my tolling tray daily into the slush can. I'm not interested when I have fresh harvested new strains/buds right in front of me to choose from.

It works great.  If you aren't into the CBN buzz maybe not for you but I use every little bit.  It keeps me from having to produce more to make up for the "scraps".  If they aren't for you they aren't for you but I have trouble sleeping.  Hard to turn the thinking down so it comes in really handy when I add a vape cap to my normal night time regimen.  Helps get me thru the night without having to overdecarb fresh dried buds to get the same effect.  Just save the vae waste and shake it out.  I get a gram return for about 10- 20 grams of vaped material which gets me about 10 caps.

makes sense.  gets me thinking norby ..have you considered leaving your cannabis laid out for long period of times?  if I do this I get the same (icky to me) cbd effects. I like cbd's of course, just not in quantities without thc.   I had a patient who asked me to give them my vaping scraps for those caps.  If I smoke those vape scraps I get tired quick but its not my kind of tired, more like a burn out.

makes sense.  gets me thinking norby ..have you considered leaving your cannabis laid out for long period of times?  if I do this I get the same (icky to me) cbd effects. I like cbd's of course, just not in quantities without thc.   I had a patient who asked me to give them my vaping scraps for those caps.  If I smoke those vape scraps I get tired quick but its not my kind of tired, more like a burn out.

CBN(cannabinol) not CBD(cannabidiol).  Nope, that would just create more stuff.  I get rid of all that I produce before that happens, then I wouldn't have use for the CBN from the spent vape.  Same effect with heat as it is with time.

I empty my rolling tray daily into the slush can. I'm not interested when I have fresh harvested new strains/buds right in front of me to choose from.

I've always called it AVB (already vaped bud). Not sure where I heard it.

I put it in 00'caps - depending on the strain, usually .15 or .25 g by weight. Being that it's decarbed from the vaping, it can hit pretty hard. For me, on an empty stomach, about an hour or less. After dinner, 2-3 hours. Sativa AVB keeps me awake at night, so I prefer an Indica or Indica Dom. strain for nighttime use.

I've always called it AVB (already vaped bud). Not sure where I heard it.

I put it in 00'caps - depending on the strain, usually .15 or .25 g by weight. Being that it's decarbed from the vaping, it can hit pretty hard. For me, on an empty stomach, about an hour or less. After dinner, 2-3 hours. Sativa AVB keeps me awake at night, so I prefer an Indica or Indica Dom. strain for nighttime use.

Lots of folks do medibles with AVB, but caps are a good idea.

I just dump my AVB into the same container, don't separate by strain or anything. Figured by the time it's vaped the differences between strains are miniscule. Guess your experience shows that it's not.

so I invest in an awesome vaporizer, find my ideal temps, observe my duff when finished, during different periods of time vaping, and when the oil is evaporated form the material, then .......what active compounds are remaining . My trichomes are all deflated and dry when I finish. When I charge tami with the duff(once for show)

the  result  is a  foul tasting smear that offers little effects comparison to fresh material when smoked/vaped by me.

If I put it into coffee it phuqs up the coffee.    I understand some people like it.

I want  a lab testing facility to tell us what the heck is left behind after mj is vaped at the temps high enough to evaporate the active compounds.  if I put mj in the oven(for some reason, lol) the mj tastes crappy, the effects are drooly, a totally undesired experience for those I know for thought. 

so I invest in an awesome vaporizer, find my ideal temps, observe my duff when finished, during different periods of time vaping, and when the oil is evaporated form the material, then .......what active compounds are remaining . My trichomes are all deflated and dry when I finish. When I charge tami with the duff(once for show)

the  result  is a  foul tasting smear that offers little effects comparison to fresh material when smoked/vaped by me.

If I put it into coffee it phuqs up the coffee.    I understand some people like it.

I want  a lab testing facility to tell us what the heck is left behind after mj is vaped at the temps high enough to evaporate the active compounds.  if I put mj in the oven(for some reason, lol) the mj tastes crappy, the effects are drooly, a totally undesired experience for those I know for thought. 

Depends on the duff. My duff is from a Volcano chamber, over stuffed with the best (OG, Chem D, OD,SC), and then not totally 'used up'. I take that duff and carefully extract and winterize it.  It's very clean and vapes very good out of an Eclipse H2O. I have plenty of oil made from fresh buds to vape, The reason for using the duff is not cost savings, thriftyness. I find that the duff oil vapes smoother than anything else. That's the only oil I vape. Only from my duff. It's simply the best, IMO. 

I pack the chamber pretty full, there are always pockets left unfinished.  By weight CBN may be more potent towards the effects you don't like with none of the effects u look for since you don't even decarb.  There may be little to no THC left and terpenes that have a higher vape point may be left in the most abundance.  Just theory.  to me it tastes nutty rather than mediciney and herby.

Plus, I could get another vapor bag out of my volcano but choose to stop at 2 set on 7 heat setting.  I just find the flavor quite lacking at that point.  It will fill another bag quite heavy though.  The vapor gets thicker after teh first bag and again after the 2nd.  So I'm probably, well definitely a bit wasteful on the vaping, to be recaptured in the caps.

Edited by Norby

See, you and Resto just are at different ends of the spectrum of the medicine you look for.  I find each one has it's situation.  If I'm camping I bring extra duff caps so that I sleep well.  If you don't have sleeping problems or some other use for the sedative tehn it's probably not for you.  I'm more towards what Resto looks for in a med.