Christie’S Endorsement Of Trump Threatens To Overshadow Equally Prestigious Praise From David Duke

Christie’s Endorsement of Trump Threatens to Overshadow Equally Prestigious Praise from David Duke

By Andy Borowitz

FORT WORTH, TX (The Borowitz Report)—Aides to the G.O.P. front-runner, Donald Trump, expressed concern on Friday that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s endorsement of their candidate might overshadow equally impressive words of praise that Trump received yesterday from the former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke.

The scheduling of Christie’s endorsement just one day after the K.K.K. luminary’s boost was “obviously far from ideal,” the Trump aide Harland Dorrinson said.

“In a perfect world, you’d like some daylight between Christie’s endorsement and Duke’s statement of support, so they’d each have maximum impact,” he said. “As major as the Christie news is, we wouldn’t want the Duke thing to get lost in the shuffle.”

The aide said that the events of the past twenty-four hours have been “dizzying.” “When the Christie thing happened, we were still celebrating the David Duke thing,” he said. “It’s been crazy.”

Dorrinson said that the Trump campaign expects an avalanche of endorsements from G.O.P. leaders, white supremacists, and neo-Nazis in the days and weeks ahead.

“Sure, that’s going to cause scheduling problems,” he said. “But those are the kinds of problems every campaign would love to have.”

Admit it, when Trump announced his candidacy, you thought it was a joke, right?

I did.

So even as the 2016 election unfolds before my lying eyes it seems too far fetched to script for a reality show.

Celebrity Apprentice is one thing but Trump for President? Ted Cruz? Marco Rubio?

Good grief,

Hillary versus The Donald?

Once you can set aside righteous anger, sever all emotional based responses, and accept this is the choice the USA voters have been offered by the respective leaders of our two party system's, well, why not?

Sadly, it isn't entirely satire. Here's the real news story. The POLITICO article has some food for thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Duke: Voting against Trump is 'treason to your heritage'

The white nationalist and former KKK grand wizard encouraged his listeners to volunteer for Trump.

By Eliza Collins  02/25/16 11:59 AM EST

David Duke, a white nationalist and former Klu Klux Klan grand wizard, told his audience Wednesday that voting for anyone besides Donald Trump “is really treason to your heritage.”

“Voting for these people, voting against Donald Trump at this point, is really treason to your heritage,” Duke said on the David Duke Radio Program. BuzzFeed News first reported the comments.

"I’m not saying I endorse everything about Trump. In fact, I haven’t formally endorsed him. But I do support his candidacy, and I support voting for him as a strategic action. I hope he does everything we hope he will do.”

The former Louisiana representative told listeners to start volunteering for Trump.

“And I am telling you that it is your job now to get active. Get off your duff. Get off your rear end that’s getting fatter and fatter for many of you everyday on your chairs. When this show’s over, go out, call the Republican Party, but call Donald Trump’s headquarters, volunteer,” he said. “They’re screaming for volunteers. Go in there, you’re gonna meet people who are going to have the same kind of mind-set that you have.”

In December, Duke told POLITICO that Trump’s candidacy allows Americans to be more open about their racial animus.

“He’s made it OK to talk about these incredible concerns of European Americans today, because I think European Americans know they are the only group that can’t defend their own essential interests and their point of view,” Duke said. “He’s meant a lot for the human rights of European Americans.”

It's kind of funny that David Duke refers to his followers as "European Americans" when real Europeans view Donald Trump as a joke.

I still have the idea that Trump is gaming the Republican Party and that he really doesn't believe the stuff he is saying. He has exposed the ugly underbelly of the Republican party and they are powerless to denounce him on his racist policies because the Republicans rely on racists, white supremacists, neo Nazis, and militia idiots for a good percentage of their votes. If he wins the nomination I expect him to reveal what he has done and set up the people who voted for him to be the laughing stock of the nation.

This may be wishful thinking on my part, but it would be awesome, wouldn't it?

Couple funny things I heard;

Cruz and Rubio were on either side of Trump at the debate hammering him with insults. One pundit called it a Cuban Sandwich.

After Chris Christie publicly endorsed Trump to divert attention from Trumps bad debate performance, Bob Schieffer on CBS said, "Trump rolls out Christie for a timely endorsement". 

I just read that 20% of Trump supporters think the Emancipation Proclamation was a bad idea.

The Times found that nearly 20% of Trump supporters did not approve of freeing the slaves, according to a January YouGov/Economist poll that asked respondents if they supported or disapproved of “the executive order that freed all slaves in the states that were in rebellion against the federal government”

http://time.com/4236640/donald-trump-racist-supporters/

Edited by Wild Bill