Just Sacrificed A Plant To The Borg...

Bleach kills eggs. 10% solution will do it without a doubt. 

Like was outlined; Wash off the bugs and eggs until harvest. When you have an empty room bleach it. Wear skin protection and a respirator. 

Should've said on teh plant. Lots of stuff will kill eggs when they are OFF the plant. Besides they hatch within a few days.  Bleach is probably more dangerous and harder to cover than the bug bomb.

Edited by Norby

ok

CO2 does not work

sorry grass

not in my world

yesterday... after lights off and ice water spray...

11 am unplug vent fans plug in co2 controller directly.

so heres my data log

11 3k PPM temp 75

12 7196 PPM

12:23 9706 PPM 89 degree

1:36 10,279 PPM 91 degree

2:04 12,053 PPM 93 degree (mites should be all dead by now) (10k for one hour)

3:08 14,068 PPM 95 degree

4:15 15,250 PPM 97 degree

5:59 15,593 PPM 100 degree

6:50 15,900 PPM 100 degree

shut down.

this after ice water spraying for 2 days...

first thing this morning i anxiously go in to check the girls..

they seem happy..

pulled a sample leaf..

under the loop - no movement

a good sign right?

i don't trust it.. i went and dug out my electronic USB microscope and put it under the zoom...

what do you know?

LIVE MITES

so many of them... scurrying around like its nobodies business.

sorry i say Ice Water and CO2 are officially a myth as far as here goes????

how can it work for one person and not another?

the first Mite i saw alive i squished with my pencil lead...

back to square one.

so i guess its off to the store to buy a new product -

shall we discuss which one?  i am leaning towards mighty wash as mentioned above.

i am also intrigued by the spray bomb spray idea.

in the past... when i first got mites there was only one thing that finally got rid of them.  that was Hot Shots brand no pest strips.  put in the room for 2 weeks then sealed and stored for 2 weeks then repeat for 3-4 months...

it broke the life cycle. and i was able to gain a foot hold against these inextinguishable f u c k i n g t u r d b a l l s...

AHHHHRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

UGGHHH

D A M N IT A L L! !

!#%$^%$!@$^%!@!^@&* these $$^$^%*&@#^*&^ sons of a ^**&^*^%^&$$*()

ok, that just sucks mibrains!!

not sure how mites can survive breathing c02. maybe try this in a bag as a small sample, just to not go crazy. but then again, ice water kills them on the bench too.

I suspect the air at the mite space was not 20kppm somehow, if it was, they'd all die.    Like every other method though, hundreds claim success, then hundreds claim failure with the same techniques. must be luck or sumpin.

dichlorvis isn't so bad after all.....they use it to store grains, and the gas is gone in a few hours I think. if it works awesome. maybe coax flowering girls to finish and pest strip after if worried. high times medical gardens show these strips hanging in mj gardens often, so it must be good for us. :)

Here's your answer as to why CO2 did not work;

see thats exactly what i suspected...

you can clearly see in one of my videos a mite hiding itself and sneaking under the leaf vein.

i would imagine tucked under the edge of the vein and so close to the plants stomata there may be plenty of air to survive.

yes..

i am so fearful of the now stressed out egg factory production lines...

get ready to rumble.

as far as i can tell.

after scanning select leaves from both rooms off of different areas of the plants....

i can't find nearly any dead mites... but there sure are plenty of live ones.

we can look further into this in the future.. however right now my main concern is the health and safety of my plants.

what now?

I had some small plants that co2 did work on. Killed all the live mites. But not the eggs. Then I tried it on a room of really nice big plants. The mites lived. I believe they know how to breath the small amount of o2 a big plant can produce. Why not? Nature always has a way to adapt to situations.

as far as i can tell.

after scanning select leaves from both rooms off of different areas of the plants....

i can't find nearly any dead mites... but there sure are plenty of live ones.

we can look further into this in the future.. however right now my main concern is the health and safety of my plants.

what now?

In flower you spray the heck out of them three times a day, water and iso. Until harvest then wash the buds really good while trimming. In veg you start over. 

In flower you spray the heck out of them three times a day, water and iso. Until harvest then wash the buds really good while trimming. In veg you start over. 

start over how?

from seed?

what then?

they come back and then what?

i wish i could...

no sir.

it cannot be that the only solution.

EDIT

also keep in mind... my flower room has 8 different age plants in it as well...

my room's are not ever "done" to that respect.

the same number of plants that come out every week go back in.

Edited by mibrains

Growing cannabis is one of those things where someone can figure it out like a science on paper but when you get right down in the trenches you find out a lot of folk's theories just don't work. That's what separates internet growing from growing in the real world. Some just have not had the life experiences yet to even give proper advice in certain situations. Something might work ...... until it doesn't.

Edited by Restorium2

yes i had actually started a small hydro run..

Highlander has helped me some in PM

the thing is.. i realized after i got slime from algae that i do not have the luxury of starting and learning a whole new system...

the things i dont know about hydro already screwed me in the first week

HL gave some awesome advice and i will rebuild and try it..

the rubber grommets used on the buckets are a breeding ground for Cyanobacterium and between that and the air stones and air lines there was slime thick enough to clog the smaller pump within a very short time.

anyways...

not the point

thank you. i do like the idea of purifying some clones and establishing a mother room...  been considering it for a bit...

i suppose that would give me the ability to breakdown somehow and do it all again (which i just did last June in an attempt to resolve this.which is partially the reason i dont wanna do it again)  the clones while purified and cleansed and treated repeatedly... then watched still managed to become fully infested in the new space i finished last fall.

my fear is that if i cant get them under control somehow then what happens the next time they show their faces?

preventative is the key and cure- so i think that discussion should be had... however what i thought i was doing to prevent them did not work.

Edited by mibrains

yes i had actually started a small hydro run..

Highlander has helped me some in PM

the thing is.. i realized after i got slime from algae that i do not have the luxury of starting and learning a whole new system...

the things i dont know about hydro already screwed me in the first week

HL gave some awesome advice and i will rebuild and try it..

the rubber grommets used on the buckets are a breeding ground for Cyanobacterium and between that and the air stones and air lines there was slime thick enough to clog the smaller pump within a very short time.

anyways...

not the point

thank you. i do like the idea of purifying some clones and establishing a mother room...  been considering it for a bit...

i suppose that would give me the ability to breakdown somehow and do it all again (which i just did last June partially the reason i dont wanna do it again)  the clones while purified and cleansed and treated repeatedly... then watched still managed to become fully infested in the new space i finished last fall.

my fear is that if i cant get them under control somehow then what happens the next time they show their faces?

preventative is the key and cure- so i think that discussion should be had... however what i thought i was doing to prevent them did not work.

That's a situation every grower has to be prepared for, no matter how confident. Always have a plan. Then you can sleep at night.

sorry for how jumpy the video is... its a PITA to move a leaf under magnification because its all opposite

look at all them eggs...

that plant is one that i sprayed the hell out of with ice water not what 16 hours ago?  and then nuked with co2. 

that leaf is off a plant that is due to harvest in 11 days.

the other 2 videos are leaves from the veg room.  the long video is the flower room leaf.