79 Applicants To Sell Medical Marijuana In Detroit

bobandtorey

Wish there was a section here where one could discuss specific dispensaries but I guess that's against some rule or another so gotta use the less desirable weedmaps for that. I've had great experiences with products, pricing, and the folks working at dispensaries. YMMV.  

Edited by zachw

Wish there was a section here where one could discuss specific dispensaries but I guess that's against some rule or another so gotta use the less desirable weedmaps for that. I've had great experiences with products, pricing, and the folks working at dispensaries. YMMV.  

we don't have a dispensary section pretty much because they are not covered nor protected by the MMMA.

i know many people do use them so i suppose we should consider allowing a dispensary discussion area?

thoughts anyone?

we as staff at MMMA

DO NOT SUPPORT THE USE OF DISPENSARIES

only because they are not covered in our act and for us to condone the use might seem irresponsible.

that being said...

many patient do use them so i suppose a discussion area is not out of the question.

i will ask the powers that be and see what the general consensus is...

any members wanna chime in? 

should we have a dispensary section on our website?

yea or nay? what say you people.

you'd want to review disps? or complain about the budtenders or mids on the top shelf?

:P

i have no problem with it. but it could quickly become spam forum "go to meds-r-uz they have the best weed". etc

you could just make a new thread 'dispensaries in xxx area' and then talk about your experiences at each disp. we should be able to have one thread, shouldnt we?

you'd want to review disps? or complain about the budtenders or mids on the top shelf?

i have no problem with it. but it could quickly become spam forum "go to meds-r-uz they have the best weed". etc

you could just make a new thread 'dispensaries in xxx area' and then talk about your experiences at each disp. we should be able to have one thread, shouldnt we?

Yeah, I hear ya.

But I'd much prefer exchanging info on experiences with the regulars here. Weedmap comments (pro & con) are often suspect, frequently barely semi-literate, and not curated (it's common to see many of the same review left - probably because someone mistakenly hit submit multiple times - but which still go towards the overall rating.) 

Regarding the problem that dispensaries are not part of the MMMA, Detroit's is officially giving them a quasi-legal status - at least for those that toe the line. A2 is certainly cannabis friendly vis a vis dispensaries. Lansing, Jackson.... Seems to me that it's now fair game to review them just as you would a restaurant on Yelp, product on Amazon, or wherever.

you'd want to review disps?

yes - if it helps patients find pertinent information.

it could quickly become spam forum

that's what we are here for... to ensure things stay straight up..so no worries there..

it is not about a single thread... i think the suggestion is that people use dispensaries so why don't we address them?

why is it if you come to the MMMA.ORG you can not find a relative thread about dispensary dealings and what to expect in that scenario?

truth is T i don't know...

i don't use dispensaries... never have... probably never will

however there is a whole group of patients that do use them... and maybe we should have a place to address individual specific concerns as they pertain to obtaining medication from a dispensary because as an American Patient and a citizen of Michigan you choose to do so..............

They all have different 'selling models' so it would be impossible to address them more than one at a time. Or across a time period because they have no uniformity in their rules over time.

In other words; They sling what they want to, how they want to, any time they want to. 

Which makes it impossible to pin them down and rate them for more than one transaction. 

While I support the concept of an open discussion about dispensaries, I can see it becoming a spam fest also.

It is unfortunate that we do not have a place to have an honest discussion of the shops imo.

It would be very helpful to patients to know who does have quality, knowledge, treats patients with respect, etc.. et al.

I believe dispensaries are here and not going away.

However, I can only see the conversation going horribly awry and would need heavy moderation to keep the subject on track.

I'm with Zap on this sadly.

Tell your favorite shops to advertise here at the MMMA. org and perhaps then... maybe we could discuss at least those shops? idk

I do believe the discussion of dispensaries should be allowed.  They are a fact in Michigan, and they exist.  Also, a patient getting their meds from a dispensary is, in fact, legal.  If you want to prevent illegal conversations, perhaps ban discussion around setting up and running a dispensary, although personally, I think that should allowed as well given the above point about quasi-legalization in AA and Detroit.

That being said, I have to call BS on legality being the reason.  Before Koon was overturned, did we disallow discussions involving driving in anyway?  After all, it was de facto illegal to be a patient and drive for a period of time based on that CoA ruling.

We have many, many conversations about extracts and medibles, which are a legal gray area at best given Caruthers.

If we don't want to have dispensaries discussed let's at least drop the legality as the reason why. 

My $0.02.

We can also discusse events such as high times which also should fall under the same category as dispensery since they are openly selling cannabis there and sharing with everyone who walks up to the table. Whats the problem with discussing shops. We can discuss products that come from them but not the place they got it from. Id like to hear what others say about shops not based off weed maps that every shop offers a free pre roll to leave a review. We need honest reviews not incentives reviews.

We can also discusse events such as high times which also should fall under the same category as dispensery since they are openly selling cannabis there and sharing with everyone who walks up to the table.

1. we had high times cannabis cup thread. the thread is still here:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49350-high-times-medical-cannabis-cup-in-clio-n-of-flint-mi-aug-22-23/

2. no one can even enter the medication area of the high times cannabis cup in michigan without a patient/caregiver card (much like all of the dispensaries). after showing your card and valid drivers license, you get a band that shows you have your paperwork in order. also only 18+ were allowed in iirc.

3. what you said is false and really isnt doing anyone any favors.

Conversations about setting up and running a dispensary on this forum would be a disaster in my opinion, and result in threads completely full of misinformation intermingled with good information, leading to a responsibility by staff to deal with it in some way.

Not sure I understand that argument. Does the staff currently deal with every piece of misinformation on every other topic?