79 Applicants To Sell Medical Marijuana In Detroit

bobandtorey

maybe i just misread your words, williams2311. sorry.

It dont make me no different if we can or can't talk about them i use the site for staying up on the law and gardening tips. However i do use dispenserys and would be cool to hear others input on some shops. We all want one thing in the end and thats good quality clean meds for us and all other cannabis users

It fouls up the site.

I respect you a ton Zap, but I disagree on this topic.  I don't disagree there will be arguing and misinformation as that is prevalent today.  When I see it occurring, I close a thread, that's how I chose to deal with that.  What I disagree with is having a dictatorship that decides what is good for us to discuss and not good for us to discuss.  It would be one thing is it was a request to have a Muscle Car forum - ok, that's totally off topic regarding the purpose of this site (although ironically, you can post a topic about that but not certain medical marijuana topics). 

There are dictatorial decisions being made about what can and can't be talked about within the medical marijuana community, and I think that's wrong.

It especially bothers me because of what we are here fighting for.  Less control. More freedom.  We are here because we are tired of people telling us what's good for us.  Unfortunately, people with power seem unable to prevent themselves from telling others how to live.  Perhaps it's just human nature.

Caregivers can sell to 5 patients that are connected to them by the registry. That's the MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA rules. Why post about ways to break the law right out in public so it can be easily used against the whole concept of legal sales and medical marijuana? At least keep up a good front that we are legit here.  Drooling over illegal dispensaries isn't a good example for public consumption. 

I respect you a ton Zap, but I disagree on this topic. I don't disagree there will be arguing and misinformation as that is prevalent today. When I see it occurring, I close a thread, that's how I chose to deal with that. What I disagree with is having a dictatorship that decides what is good for us to discuss and not good for us to discuss. It would be one thing is it was a request to have a Muscle Car forum - ok, that's totally off topic regarding the purpose of this site (although ironically, you can post a topic about that but not certain medical marijuana topics).

There are dictatorial decisions being made about what can and can't be talked about within the medical marijuana community, and I think that's wrong.

It especially bothers me because of what we are here fighting for. Less control. More freedom. We are here because we are tired of people telling us what's good for us. Unfortunately, people with power seem unable to prevent themselves from telling others how to live. Perhaps it's just human nature.

To tell u the truth, i dont even truyly understand what the ourpose of this site is, and i mean that as the site doesnt have a clear purpose stated, or consistency in whatever that intended purpose might be. After viewing this place for over a year, it isnt clear to me what the '9wners amd operators' want.

If u want this site to primarily be a draw and referral site for legal business, then sterilize it and run it as a blog only, perhaps w a limited forum for q&a's where only the staff respond, again, primarily to drive further legal consults. Keep it really clean.

If u want to draw in a wide paricipating membership, well thats where the goals become really unclear. The site isnt managed to do that, though it seems to selectively try. Half in, half out doesnt leave u very much. If u want an open forum, with lots of participating members, then do the work associated. If u sont want the work, then dont do it, but why bother even asking? Its all very inconsistent.

To tell u the truth, i dont even truyly understand what the ourpose of this site is, and i mean that as the site doesnt have a clear purpose stated, or consistency in whatever that intended purpose might be. After viewing this place for over a year, it isnt clear to me what the '9wners amd operators' want.

If u want this site to primarily be a draw and referral site for legal business, then sterilize it and run it as a blog only, perhaps w a limited forum for q&a's where only the staff respond, again, primarily to drive further legal consults. Keep it really clean.

If u want to draw in a wide paricipating membership, well thats where the goals become really unclear. The site isnt managed to do that, though it seems to selectively try. Half in, half out doesnt leave u very much. If u want an open forum, with lots of participating members, then do the work associated. If u sont want the work, then dont do it, but why bother even asking? Its all very inconsistent.

Helping folks understand the law is job one. Many are still confused about what is legal and what is not.

Having experienced when it was allowed, I will vote against it. It becomes almost impossible to tell real posts from the spam and poo-flinging between the businesses. I'd prefer to have all businesses have an advertising-only relationship with the MMMA.

Thats Why you make the big money!  :yahoo-wave:

He said poo-flinging bawahahahahahahaha!

Peace

That's a great sentiment resto, i agree w it no doubt, from my perspective, and i would agree from yours. U are one of the dozen or se regular posters and from what i read, u seem to try to help, and do it from a perspective of experience, so that is doubly good imo.

The reality of the site is that it is tied to a legal firm, and that is perfectly fine too. It draws in potential clientele, and i am sure that figure is in the six digits thus far, if not more. That is the primary benefiting function of a site like this. This has to be true. The site makes a lot of money. And that isnt an indictment against them as they are fighting the good fight imo. Heck, if my ars gets burned, im calling komorn. Such a function as driving people in trouble to competent legal counsel is of tremendous benefit to ordinary mmj folks. No doubt about it. A great lawyer in a time of need will be one the most necessary relationships a person will have in their lifetime, esp in america as it operates today.

But, the day to day ops of the site dont help that cause. Even the forum leaders comment on the pita it can become, and it pops up over and over. So, things get done that drive an open membership away, or underground (they check on the site, but dont feel comfortable to post).

This topic is a fine example... To best serve the interested mmj membership, topics such as dispensaries is of value. Yet, it creates 'problems' for the forum staff... It creates work. Well, which is it? Serving the membership needs, or the staff's convenience? What is the goal of site?

And yes phaq... Zap may not get a bonus check from the aite specifically, but the site doesn drive business that does allow for his real paycheck to be cashed. Not that it is a bad thing, it is even a necessary. No foul against zap here. But the goals and practices could be more consistent imo. A dispensary review and discussion is definitely needed and warranted. But doing so may also alienate their business, so there is that. Again, what is the goal? Personally, as a patient and cg, i would want these topics. As a proprietor of a site like this, maybe not... Amd u likely shouldnt even ask the question.

This topic is a fine example... To best serve the interested mmj membership, topics such as dispensaries is of value.

It depends on what you are discussing about them. Are we talking about dispensaries in general and their legality/illegality or are we talking about which dispensary is the local favorite?

From what people have said in the past there aren't too many here who patronize dispensaries and if they do it seems to be only a few areas of the state that actually have dispensaries. If you don't live near Ann Arbor, Flint or Detroit the discussions might not even apply to you.

If you want to talk about your favorite neighborhood shop then maybe we should have sub forums devoted to local discussions, ie, Clare County Forum, Oakland County Forum (won't be too many dispensary posts in that one) etc.

Unless you think people are going to drive from Onaway to Saugatuck to shop at your favorite dispensary.

I would say all of what you mentioned is of value, and of interest to the varying people of the community, each from their own perspective/needs. Just the same, some of that information would alienate and upset certain stakeholders, esp if we talk about reviews. A big portion of the money generated for legal fees comes from dispensaries. If serving their interests, or of such clients, then reviews would be 'bad' from the sites perspective. However, from a patients perspective, such a subforum would be of great value and a service. What's the goal, and to whom does the site serve? It is a fine line, but the question was asked. Just my perspective, that serving all interested parties would be difficult, and a burden borne by the staff at the site. I personally am a small fish, so i side w open forums discussing all aspects that are pertinent. I just dont feel the site is in alignment, and i can see why it wouldnt. But if u ask an open question in an open forum, then... You should expect and hope for an open discussion, with all that it entails, which is a little work no doubt. I doubt you can feel this forum is truly open, and that is fine that it isnt i suppose, just depends on who one is serving, and money is usually where it all ends up for consideration. This site makes money, perhaps not directly attributable dollars, but from referrals for sure. An open forum might not b in the sites best interest. If i were on staff, id likely recommend tightening the reigns and reformatting.

I think we should have a forum where we can talk about the best street corner dealers and Craigslist dealers who will sell to anyone, occasionally even without  a card!   Full reviews and contact information.

I assume this site is about teaching people to be legal. Dispensaries are illegal.  Street corner dealers are illegal.  It is one thing to talk about their existence, it is another thing to give reviews and promote illegal dealings. 

I am sure no one here really cares about illegal drug dealers, I do not,.. but there is a time and place and here doesn't seem like the place,.. IMHO of course.

p.s.  I would also point out that it hasn't really been determined if a patient can just buy from "anyone".  There has been some poking around the topic in decisions, but the State( AG Schuette) still holds the line that a patient can ONLY grow it or buy it from their caregiver.  I of course find it absurd, but there is that.

Edit: See McQueen decision. It HAS been determined. My bad.

sorry, took me a while to remember.

footnote 60 of mcqueen

http://komornlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/People-v-McQueen-Supreme-Court-Opinion-2-8-13.pdf

60 Of course, a registered qualifying patient who acquires marijuana—whether from

another registered qualifying patient or even from someone who is not entitled to possess

marijuana—to alleviate his own condition can still receive immunity from arrest,

prosecution, or penalty because the § 4(d) presumption cannot be rebutted on that basis.

In this sense, § 4 immunity is asymmetric: it allows a registered qualifying patient to

obtain marijuana for his own medical use but does not allow him to transfer marijuana for

another registered qualifying patient’s use.

in response to

p.s. I would also point out that it hasn't really been determined if a patient can just buy from "anyone". There has been some poking around the topic in decisions, but the State( AG Schuette) still holds the line that a patient can ONLY grow it or buy it from their caregiver. I of course find it absurd, but there is that.

it seems to me like the msc said it was ok. although i could be reading too much into it.

You may think we are here to profit, but we are really here to help. There is nothing about having a forum which is specifically beneficial to Komorn Law beyond any other type of website that might be here. It is not the forum making money, not at all. The forum is an expense (dollars and time) for Komorn Law, to this day.

I believe you can, and do, both. You def help people. I like your site for this reason, no doubt. And yes, i completely believe this site costs more money to run than you get from memberships, and possibly even adverts, as you dont seem to do much of that. But several of your clients hear about komorn because of this site, or from other people who mention this site to those potential clients. I know personally of $30k in fees komorn has collected from two such persons... People that were driven to his representation from the reputation of this site. This site drives real dollar business to the firm. Amd my guess is easily in the aix figures. Just because internal accounting doesnt adequately reflect that reality, doesnt mean it isnt true. Heck zap, you ahould get a few points from every client that is driven to the firm because of this site. And you should ask every new client about what drove them, where any emntion of the site gets you a something. Because it really does happen, despite the negelect in proper accounting. You cannot convince me this isnt the case, and you know it really is too. Dont get me wrong zap, i like you and your help w the forum, and appreciate that it is work and at times frustrating, and that you dont get proper appreciation for it, even apparently the basic recognition that your efforts here drive business through the firm. It does. You, and those here at the site, drive real dollars.

Zap, i want to add, to be clear, i am on your side really. This site should be run with the understanding that it is a loss leader, similar to retail sales. You take a loss selling this item in order to get the customer in the door and buy something else at a higher margin, ultimately gaining you more than you would have otherwise, where no customer comes in. Thats how this functions in a very real way. If u dont c that, then reconsider and get back to the negotiating table w the boss man, he understands this for sure.

You could not be more wrong.

Anyway, I still do truly believe, for a great number of reasons, some I am willing to discuss and some not, that it is a true service to steer people away from participation in dispensaries or other commercial distribution schemes. Teaching them to grow their own or find a caregiver is the real value of a site like this.

I really don't know the exact background of this website, who owns it and why. I assume Mr. Komorn owns it. And after the terrible rein of the previous admin, who banned many of us for preaching caution, the goal of this website became providing solid information, understanding the protections that the Act allows, and directing people accordingly. I don't think Mr. Kormorn needs any more exposure in his law practice. I'm sure he has his hands full. But he, like some other sympathetic attorneys, takes-on cases for no fee.

Zap, i want to add, to be clear, i am on your side really. This site should be run with the understanding that it is a loss leader, similar to retail sales. You take a loss selling this item in order to get the customer in the door and buy something else at a higher margin, ultimately gaining you more than you would have otherwise, where no customer comes in. Thats how this functions in a very real way. If u dont c that, then reconsider and get back to the negotiating table w the boss man, he understands this for sure.

I can't see any way that this website is a loss leader for Mr. Komorn. Surely he gets some cases directly from discussions on this website, but the man has represented many defendants for little to no cost. I don't think he needs this website to generate new leads and new clients.