Save Our Access 3-13-2016 Gaylord

The plant photos I was referring to were in the news - not posted here by Bob.

sorry i missed this 

thanks for cleaning that up when we did the interview on ( Fox News )we did it at the house but if you have seen the news story   they filled our room with look alike cannabis plants on the TV it looked like we had a room filled with plants this was after the raid

• 2 weeks later...

GAYLORD — A former Gaylord medical marijuana caregiver will be sentenced on marijuana charges Monday, April 4, though he is already looking ahead to a set of appeals.

After being found guilty on a charge stemming from the raids of Otsego County medical marijuana dispensaries last year, Alan Witt, 27, of Gaylord, is scheduled to be sentenced and plans to appeal the decision and other aspects of the case shortly after.

Witt is scheduled for sentencing at 9 a.m. Monday before Judge George J. Mertz in 46th Circuit Court on a charge of delivery of marijuana, a felony that carries a sentence of up to four years in prison.

His defense attorney, Josh Covert from Nichols Law Firm in East Lansing, said they are prepared to begin the appeal process following the sentencing. Because they tend to be unpredictable, Covert said he does not know what to expect with a new set of jurors. He also said he didn't know if he would change his arguments or the way they were presented as compared to the original trial.

“At this point, I'm not sure,” he said. “I felt pretty good about the defense we put on.”

The jury found Witt guilty Jan. 27 on one count of delivery of marijuana, not guilty on one count of maintaining or keeping a drug house, and was hung on one count of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver. These charges were the result of a raid of Gaylord Provisions, a medical marijuana dispensary where Witt was then employed as a caregiver, May 27.

Michael Rola, Otsego County prosecutor, said nothing has been done with the charge the jury was hung on, though he didn't rule out the possibility of pursuing the charge again.

“I can't make a decision on it until after sentencing,” he said. “I have the desire, should I choose to do so, to reissue on that charge.”

Covert said he has not received any communication from the court or Rola on the charge.

Regardless if Rola chooses to reissue the charge or not, Witt said he and Covert are prepared to file several appeals involving defenses in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act he was not found to be eligible for during the case, what he called a “misinformed jury” and further appeals stemming from witnesses and others who testified who Witt claimed lied on the stand.

“There are a lot of things to go upon,” Witt said.

After the jury found him guilty, Witt said he was confident Court of Appeals judges would find he was not in violation of the medical marijuana act.

Witt was one of the few dispensary owners or employees arrested as a result of the raids to challenge the charges in court. Rola said if he had been open to accepting a plea deal, he would probably be facing a two-year felony, compared to the four-year felony he now faces.

Covert said one other individual, Bradley Worde, faced the same charges Witt originally faced and also planned to challenge the charges in court. They were prepared to begin the process, Covert said, but Worde has since died. Covert said he was suffering from various medical issues.

A second set of searches were executed at 10 medical marijuana dispensaries in Otsego County March 10. At least two arrests have been made so far, including Robert Garrow Jr., 45, of Gaylord, who was arrested and arraigned on charges of operating or maintaining a controlled substance laboratory near certain places, other businesses in this instance; four counts of delivery of or possession with intent to deliver marijuana, or manufacture of marijuana; and one count of operating or maintaining a drug house.

A 36-year-old Gaylord man is scheduled to be arraigned at 9 a.m. Monday, in 87th District Court. According to Rola and the Otsego County courts website, the man is charged with three counts of delivery of or possession with intent to deliver marijuana, or manufacture of marijuana, and one count of maintaining a drug house. All of the counts are felonies.

Detective Lt. Ken Mills, unit commander of Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement, previously said he expected at least 10 arrests to be made.

http://www.petoskeynews.com/featured-pnr/witt-to-be-sentenced-on-medical-marijuana-charges-looking-ahead/article_af3839e8-a5e9-5eed-a6d5-f96d58fd91b6.html

This is only my opinion, Take it how you will.

Gaylord is within my distance of travel for mm court cases, unfortunatly I will not go to any of the despense cases, I dont beleive they are legal, I  beleive the broke the law or rules of the lara mm law!

Im am not against despenses, I may go and check a few out, but I as a pt can purchase from any one, a despense is not legaly allowed to open and sell to people they are not connected to thru the program.

Like I said before, the only way an mm store front could possibly be legal is to have a whole lot of c.g's working the counters, and them c.g counter workers can only sell mm to their own pt's,,,,,,so in order for that to work, the c.g's would have to alternate days, let thei pt's know what day they will be working at the despense, and only on them days the c.g counter person can only sell to his/her pt's, and their needs to be enough c.g/counter workers and pt's to justify the amount of product in the store!

With this kind of scenario pt purchaser's will have a larger variety of mm availble, Than they would from their own c.g's!

Im not saying this would work, but I think It would be alot easier to fight in court!

Peace

I will not go to any of the despense cases, 

Might be interesting to attend the one involving the dispensary in Clio since it seems that cops with patient cards were involved. Last time this happened we got pictures of the cops/patients.

I avoid leo like they have lepracy!  I have no need to see the pt/cops lol!

Peace

edit= my c.g should go to the case, he is going to clio with overages and then some to hock at one of the despense that have a farm market every weekend, he wanted me to go help at the table, I lied and said I had other plans I couldnt get out of....I dont care what he does with his schtuff as long as he dont run out of meds for his pt's and himself, which he has 2 times now!

Edited by phaquetoo

I avoid leo like they have lepracy!  I have no need to see the pt/cops lol!

Peace

edit= my c.g should go to the case, he is going to clio with overages and then some to hock at one of the despense that have a farm market every weekend, he wanted me to go help at the table, I lied and said I had other plans I couldnt get out of....I dont care what he does with his schtuff as long as he dont run out of meds for his pt's and himself, which he has 2 times now!

You can bet he has already seen a cop with a card ....... Let him know.