How To Open A Legal Dispensary !

Not a thing, we deserve both as that is what PATIENTS want.  It doesn't matter what I want, what do the patients who use disps want?  I'm not going to throw them under the bus.  The reality is that splitting and making people choose between one or the other will never work.

PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS USE DISPENSARIES, stop lying.  If they couldn't care less about them they wouldn't be USING them.

They could care less they exist.

Sheesh.

Stop pretending you do not understand the costs.

What are you willing to give up?

Not a thing, we deserve both as that is what PATIENTS want.  It doesn't matter what I want, what do the patients who use disps want? 

Patients who use dispensaries are the minority by far.

What do the majority of patients want?

And at what cost?

When it is known it comes at a serious cost, do patients want dispensaries and how few?

And even if you don't get out much you have had to have heard this;

The Michigan Legislator, lobbied by the dispensaries, said this on record;

A VOTE AGAINST (MY LEGALIZATION OF DISPENSARIES BILL) IS A VOTE FOR HOME GROWS.

He actually told us we could have one or the other and if you want dispensaries then home grows are dead.

Lobbied by what dispensaries?  And I know that the legislature wants us to choose but I don't accept that and when people start standing together(not commercial interests) we can win.

Mal you are teh one making this one or the other.  You believe the legislators have the power.  WE elect them and THEY are to represent ALL of us.  You give up too easy and cave.

Edited by Norby

It's like this Norb... my pc went bluey and when it did my files are somewhere in the nether.

They are there... somewhere and I don't have the time nor the patience to scout all the info

for you RIGHT NOW.  I really shouldn't have to explain.

Sharing your personal experiences is much different than me needing to take my time

and energy to dig up the info you want.

Normally I would gladly dig the stuff up and you full and well know that, or you should by now.

I am getting pizzy. I'm out for the day.

Lobbied by what dispensaries?  And I know that the legislature wants us to choose but I don't accept that and when people start standing together(not commercial interests) we can win.

Mal you are teh one making this one or the other.  You believe the legislators have the power.  WE elect them and THEY are to represent ALL of us.  You give up too easy and cave.

Better start accepting reality Norb. That's where we differ. 

Btw, we already have a law for "dispensaries" and producers in this state.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2013-SB-0660

Heh....

Also Norby, people have different interests when it comes to medical cannabis.  We do not all agree on certain aspects thus why there is no unity on this front.  Dispensaries want taxes on patients. Patients don't.

Now add 20 other issues to that list and maybe you can take your head out of the sand and see why there is aproblem in this state at this time to get what you say you want.  Ignoring consequences and unintended consequences to your 'wants' is being disinegnous and likely harmful to those you claim will benefit.

When is the last time you went to a Judiciary Hearing Norb?

When do you get out into the real world and talk w/ real Pt/ CG's.

How many on average do you speak to in a week about if they want

dispensaries or not?  I am really curious as to the volume of opinions

you have to draw your conclusions from.

:hocky:

When is the last time you went to a Judiciary Hearing Norb?

When do you get out into the real world and talk w/ real Pt/ CG's.

How many on average do you speak to in a week about if they want

dispensaries or not?  I am really curious as to the volume of opinions

you have to draw your conclusions from.

:hocky:

This is about Norby, not everyone else. You didn't figure that out yet?

Let me just preface all of this with the fact I fought FOR pt/pt.

The restrictor on compensation in our law comes in the fact they specified the only person who can receive compensation that isn't considered sale of a controlled substance thus leading to the idea that patients cannot.

this is the court of appeals argument, which the msc reversed. why are you arguing old arguments that were reversed?

: They didn't want drug felons selling drugs.

mpp didnt want drug felons to be caregivers. medical use has transfer in it, and the msc ruled that sales are included in transfers. and the msc ruled that sec4a protects patients for medical use aka transfers aka sales when it is for the patient's own debilitating condition.

then the michigan supreme court ruled that since the defendants didnt provide evidence that these transfers were for their own conditions, that they were rebutted by sec4d2.

Our courts say No. As is discussed in depth for years now. Please don't make me type it all out for the 7 millionth time.

it all came down to "the patient" and "a patient" in sec4d2. we agree.

Lets just go with what is absolute at this point.

Current bills.

Norby, are you ok with patients having to pay tax for their medicine?

Norby, are you ok with forcing caregivers to keep a "travel manifest"?

Lets just start right there with 2 basics that already exist. 2 of the minor costs of dispensaries.

Actually no. RECIEVE compensation. They changed the concept of being involved in a "sale" but it didn't change who can receive said money.

Therefore, we hold that the definition of “medical use” in § 3(e) of the MMMA

includes the sale of marijuana. The Court of Appeals erred by concluding otherwise, and

we reverse that portion of the Court of Appeals’ judgment defining “medical use.”

And to get to the grit here,... This is just a mistake in definition.  They simply wanted to include all terms applying to patients and caregivers under medical use, thus creating the grey zone we speak of by incorrectly leaving in "delivery" when they cut and pasted the definition etc.

We now deal with the results of improperly defining many actions and ideas in the law.

if anyone wants dispensaries, the easiest and cleanest way to get them is a change in the LARA RULES (not any law) to have instant online caregiver changes.

then anyone can change caregivers, instantly, with online instant background checks and be on their way.

if you want dispensaries, or to protect the act, focus on this. abandon 4209, convince everyone to work on this instead.