Cannabis Cup Is On June 11, 2016 Clio, Michigan

Norby

Paid for my Ticket. If it runs, it runs, if it doesn't, it doesn't. I'll see whoever goes there merrily enough. I did however, even though it does not apply to me particularly, send in a question regarding the eligibility of Caregivers entering the cup in regards to the "patients only" advertising.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

These things would be great, but I don't think it will happen this year. The best growers and all, you really think they are going to enter these things illegally and jeopardize themselves? When it is fully legal to all, without fear of arrest, punishments, discrimination, tickets, etc., then these types of events would be fun. Until then, you are not going to see a "real" event take place in this state.

Just my opinion.

I hear you GG . I'm still going.  Got my lodging already.

I don't get to see some of my canna brothers and sisters as often as I'd like, and this is just one event where we can gather in fellowship.

I like to see all the innovative products and celebrate cannabis in this great State of MI.

I am not into the politics or the commercialization nor HT. I do not purchase anything at the event either.

I am there for atmosphere and the shear fact that we can do this in conservative MI :)

Fully understood GG, I sort of feel the same way- but for me it's the thing of it. If thirty years from now, I can say that I've been to EVERY Hightimes Cup that has been in Michigan, it'll be worth it to me in that sense I reckon. I pretty much go for the folk, the smoke, and the good times.

dunno, zap seems to think the cannabis cup isnt truly a medical event.

but medical marijuana wont be found at any medical events either because its schedule 1 and "needs more research" according to hillary clinton and all other prohibitionists.

nor will medical marijuana be found in grow events because its illegal and plant/garden shows dont want that "riff raff" either.

so the only actual events for medical marijuana are the medical marijuana business events and high times medical cannabis cup. where there are dancing mascots.

bit of a crappy situation for medical marijuana patients. stuck between total prohibitionists, doctors scoffing and blocking research- even blocking discussing medical marijuana.

then on the other side patients dont want to look like they want to legalize it all with the tie dye wearing high times circus. patients want actual medical information, from doctors. will that be available at this years' high times medical cannabis cup in clio?

also better ask michael. :P

all i know is that there are a lot of patients and caregivers asking questions. just no one to answer them. drs cant answer questions, dispensaries have no clues. LARA wont give advice on anything. barely anyone is out there helping patients and caregivers.

so if there is going to be a 3ma booth, better have a sign like "we can answer patient and caregiver questions about the mmma here"

Well, its a HT event, so without hyperbole, it is primarily about making money. Tickets, vendors, advertisers, entry fees, concessions, merchandise, etc. Tens of thousands after costs.

Seeing that they host one in every medi State, it would at least be nice if they only accepted MI entries for the event. It would be very difficult to control for, but geez, entrants even have other States in their listed names, lol. Again, it is about the money.

This particular event is pretty "medical" based as far as I can discern. Being that if you don't have a card, you cannot get in. Period. It's an all medicated area event this time around. Keep you mind, I'm using the word very loosely with this suggestion.

It wouldn't be a bad thing to inform people. It isn't about the location, it's about putting out the information that people need to know- otherwise they'll be kept in the dark,  possibly end up voting for a big money group trying to lock in MMMJ as an income.

I do have to agree on the contest entrance however- in a State cup, out of state submissions should absolutely NOT be accepted for judging and placing. Period. End of story.

I agree with Zap. The MMMA wouild be better served attending an event like this;

Saturday, October 22, 2016
VisTaTech Center - Schoolcraft College
18600 Haggerty Rd
Livonia, MI 48152

The Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan’s Wellness & Epilepsy Conference is Michigan’s premier educational and networking opportunity for people with epilepsy, family members, and professionals who serve them. Each year, the Foundation brings together an impressive group of experts from around the state to share their clinical and personal insights on epilepsy and wellness. The conference also features a Health & Resource Fair, an inspirational Keynote Address, and a day camp for kids, so the whole family can attend. Please take advantage of the formal and informal opportunities to learn and connect at this year’s conference. 

So you would forsake the people at the cup who may just be simply unaware, in lieu of attending an event four months later? Is there something that prevents the group from conveying their message at both events? Or are the attendees, for some odd reason, viewed as less of patients for attending the event? My point here is, is that it isn't these peoples fault that Hightimes chooses to make money with these sorts of events, these patients who may very well need the same information at some point just as much as those who would be served attending a more strict medical function. 

So you would forsake the people at the cup who may just be simply unaware, in lieu of attending an event four months later? Is there something that prevents the group from conveying their message at both events? Or are the attendees, for some odd reason, viewed as less of patients for attending the event? My point here is, is that it isn't these peoples fault that Hightimes chooses to make money with these sorts of events, these patients who may very well need the same information at some point just as much as those who would be served attending a more strict medical function.

Totally agree w u dro... My comment about HT and money didnt intend to discount the need or validity of the patrons.

Only makes good sense for law firm to attend anyway.

I have never been. But I like the idea of patients only. I may try it this year. The Hash Bash crowd was fun and ok. But I felt like an old high schooler hanging with the young stoners. Heeheeheehee. Entertaining but I think I'd feel more comfortable with a patient only crowd. Not so many stoner teens and twenty-somethings there for a party day. Guess I am old. Lol

I too like the idea of getting together with other cannabis lovers in a place LEO won't bust us. High Times puts it on, ok.....at least it's a cannabis crowd! So much better than alcohol gatherings!!!

the 'non medical patient area' was only 20 booths last year.

a problem was that regular people want to come to the event like its a fair. but they cant go into the medical area. creating dissapointment.

so all those young whipper snappers you ran into all had cards if you were in the gigantic raceway area with all of the vendors.

So you would forsake the people at the cup who may just be simply unaware, in lieu of attending an event four months later? Is there something that prevents the group from conveying their message at both events? Or are the attendees, for some odd reason, viewed as less of patients for attending the event?

Not at all. We're preaching to the choir at the Cup. Everyone is already a medical marijuana patient.

At an epilepsy event (or similar) there are probably people who have heard of using cannabis for their conditions but don't know how/where to start. They could benefit greatly from speaking with those who will give them straight answers.

I just think that the MMMA could do more good there. It certainly wouldn't hurt to go to the Cup but the resources might do more good educating the general populace.

3MA is a patient/ cg support/ advocacy organization and I feel we need to be present.

If we can help even 1 person avoid arrest/ jail/ prosecution by providing information,

we are doing the good work.

jmo of course.

t-pain, Bob... were there very many people stopping by asking questions last year?

I'd say yes their were the people that did stop by were asking lots of things and we did have a lot of people stoping by and i thought i was on top of the world working inn the MMMA booth 

i never made it into the in field where people could use their medicine because i wants to be at my best when i was in the Booth reprocessing the MMMA it means that much to me alway has always will   

• 1 month later...

MMMA is having a booth this year, please pm zap if you want to volunteer.

volunteering means answering questions, pass out info on mmma etc. sitting under a tent, in the shade. possibly with a fan. no heavy lifting. just talkin to people. educating them , keeping them out of trouble/court. telling them to put a top on the grows just in case... the usual.

direct link to pm zap:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=4839

clio is a few miles outside of flint, mi.

long range forcast says 70-80F temp for june 11/12th.