Storing Cannabis

no expert here. I know that there is plenty of oxygen left in a sealed bag(kitchen sealer) to grow mold. They do not perform a full vacuum, like th ekind that would prevent molds.  I've seen it on bread, cannabis, etc. I don't store cannabis so definitely not an expert lol.  I've had moldy mj from a persons drying room, a jar, a bag, a sealed vacuumed bag too. theres mold on freshly harvested cannabis, and air in the bag/////with moisture the mold cannot help itself to dine. 

Its possible you chose the perfect time to store yours each time, making you the expert.

Its also possible you might have an industrial vacuum machine to use, making your vacuum superior to other kitchen models

or maybe you do have mold but its undetectable to you.   I know mold is on all cannabis, but I cant detect it unless its been packaged wet or by culturing it.

I wish I recalled the ideal moisture content for storage, its a good subject probably a thread on it already

no expert here. I know that there is plenty of oxygen left in a sealed bag(kitchen sealer) to grow mold. They do not perform a full vacuum, like th ekind that would prevent molds.  I've seen it on bread, cannabis, etc. I don't store cannabis so definitely not an expert lol.  I've had moldy mj from a persons drying room, a jar, a bag, a sealed vacuumed bag too. theres mold on freshly harvested cannabis, and air in the bag/////with moisture the mold cannot help itself to dine. 

Its possible you chose the perfect time to store yours each time, making you the expert.

Its also possible you might have an industrial vacuum machine to use, making your vacuum superior to other kitchen models

or maybe you do have mold but its undetectable to you.   I know mold is on all cannabis, but I cant detect it unless its been packaged wet or by culturing it.

I wish I recalled the ideal moisture content for storage, its a good subject probably a thread on it already

I think it's 10% according to Iron Labs.  Just like anything it runs on a scale.  A kitchen vaccuum sealed container would probably be ok up to 12%(just pulling a #) whereas just a mason jar cap would be lower.  I think it also  depends on what strain of cannabis and what strain of mold.  Some only grow on living cannabis and some cannabis strains are more resistant than others.  Also the way it's grown, something with more silica supposedly makes the cell walls tougher which may also go into susceptibility to mold/mildew/fungus.  Like you had mentioned before, excess nutes left in the flowers.

It's usually the overlooked variables that make for different experiences with the "same" conditions.  You seem to always go to the surest way possible, which is good.  You never know what differences there may be between you and the one you are trying to give good info to.  and it's always good to have failsafes. :)