Halp! Over Here. I'm Struggling To Find Online The Cheapest Place To Order 15

pic book

lol 15 setups :D

Many thanks for all your gracious halp.

it enabled me to decide. Yeas, enuf of the 400s (20 years ago mexico-made sylvania magnetic ballasts).  My 400s comprise the 9200 watts bot used, at $9 each 400 watt lamp, off cl 2 years ago.  (they came complete with dead flies and used hps bulbs, plus 20-250s complete, again with attached overhead ballast thrown in on the deal).  those lamps have steadily gone to heck, due to flooding, yah flooding...cause the room is kept dry only by a sump as the water sub-foundation steadily seeps up into the cracked basement floor and thus the 400s ballasts required constant repair.  rust is a ballast killer.  it's time to go digital, ballasts mounted on the ceiling----and stop maintaining my supply of tools and parts for magnetic ballast repair.  so, i buy chinese 600s @$96.32 apiece, delivered.  Bot and deal is done arrive in a week.  They taught me the value and preferability of more points of light (4x400, versus 1-1500watter). 

True, digital ballasts can't be repaired and they check out at 12 months and one hour, but it still seems the chinese 'junk' is how  to roll.  I cud have gone 400s again but believed what i read, that 600s are enuf more efficient than 400s or 1000s, and that greater efficiency overcomes the price diff between (chinese) 400hps at $77 and (chinese) 600hps at $96.23 apiece including ballast, fixture, bulb and cord and shipping.

Notice:  only seven more days til nirvana.

but i don't wanta go to havana.

but don't you realize sir that the commies are now ok and its the chinese?  And you' re better red than dead, as Yeltie says so often.

Edited by pic book

I started with Lumatek digi's, a 400 w, and a some 600 watters.

I upgraded 1 year later to 1k adjustable ballasts/lamps those were digi Quantum's when my 400 watt lumatek

I  also replaced my 400 watt veg light with a 485 watt Quantum BadBoy t5 fixture.

Running since 2010. No issues with the Quantum lines in 6 years non stop. I probably wouldnt buy any other brand at this point. Not sure but would bet all of the above came from China.

So you feel comfortable recommending the digital 1K Quantum for long-life operation? That is good to know. I don't know much about digital ballast technology, but in synthesizers at least, digital was not an advance. I hate that hum though, of course.

I have four quantums mounted and am surprised. i really expected failures from both. my other lumateks are fine for even longer so far. I have new back ups in boxes....and yes, those are Quantums. I love my badboy fixture, but its just a t5 is all. it does run on either 120 or 240 with no change outs internally or the plugs, convenient for some, my controller is 240 so I use that. I wont buy any other since these results. oh yeah, generator ready and dial a watt are very important to me. They're also equipped with some sort of delay for hot starts, like a short power out, they wont go on right away when the gens kick in or when the powwr is restored. but for years they been doing the power out thing seamlessly with no issues. cool running, with a tiny fan. mine are screwed to  a wall under a fire extinguisher next to the 50 amp atmosphere/light controller